Old 16th April 2002, 00:11   #1
Forevever
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Forevever Send a message via Yahoo to Forevever
For Fun :D - The Skins we're Hiding!!

ok people, just for fun
I don't want to see incomplete skins - I want to see skins you actually spent time on and got a finished product (at least the main window finished and working, the more the better) - but even after it was completed you hated it so much that you stuck it in a file called "finish later" or something and NO ONE has ever seen it!

just so happens I have a few of those - here's the one I have a screen shot of at the moment

don't be shy! we're interesting
Attached Images
File Type: gif image26.gif (14.2 KB, 331 views)

If anyone can find any of the skins I made please email them to Forevever@aol.com
I can't remember all the names but specifically hunting for Lascivious, and DEVOUR (compilation with Jax) and any in the Impulse series which had 6 total. Auriferous, Gilt, Impulse, Nadir, and 2 others I can't remember but you dig.
Forevever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 00:35   #2
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Heres my first ever attempt at skinning....If looks familiar to some people it's the skin that eventually became atmo amp (which i still count as my first skin).
Attached Images
File Type: png first.png (40.8 KB, 237 views)
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 00:41   #3
Forevever
Major Dude

yours looks a lot better than mine
here's another really bad one
Attached Images
File Type: gif image28.gif (16.5 KB, 232 views)

If anyone can find any of the skins I made please email them to Forevever@aol.com
I can't remember all the names but specifically hunting for Lascivious, and DEVOUR (compilation with Jax) and any in the Impulse series which had 6 total. Auriferous, Gilt, Impulse, Nadir, and 2 others I can't remember but you dig.
Old 16th April 2002, 00:50   #4
~Supey

Send a message via ICQ to ~Supey Send a message via AIM to ~Supey Send a message via Yahoo to ~Supey
this one was never actually a finished product, I'm not sure why I made it it's own skin. this is what happened the first time I ever opened the baseskin up and editted up the bitmaps. I never quit working on it and eventually it became Alien v2. It's full of nice little bugs and only slightly-editted buttons, and when I went back to fix the bugs I ended up changing alot of it around
Attached Images
File Type: gif mypoo.gif (8.3 KB, 223 views)
~Supey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 00:50   #5
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Another one of mine. Ok, it's unfinished, but even if it was complete i dont think i would have submitted it, way out of my style range.
Attached Images
File Type: png vanilla_something_or_other.png (38.2 KB, 223 views)
Old 16th April 2002, 00:56   #6
Spectrus_Wolfus

damn the only skin i guess i could say i wasn't really happy with would be the blue one i did but thats done and seems to be going ok so i guess i got weird taste but if i start to hate a skin i'm making i stuff it into another folder till i need more storage space then i normaly delete em but if i don't like it they don't get buttons most of mine the buttons are nearly the last thing done
Spectrus_Wolfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 00:56   #7
Forevever
Major Dude

::looks at supey's:: !!!GAH!!! thats so bright!

Atmo - your vanilla skin makes me feel limited as I imagine thats how you felt doing it - it has its own charm though - I probably wouldn't have finished it either

here's another - just as blinding and proof that there is such thing as "too much blue"

I made this in about 14 hours whilst fighting with the man
Attached Images
File Type: gif image29.gif (34.0 KB, 208 views)

Old 16th April 2002, 01:01   #8
CrocodileDumdee

The list is soo long...
It seems that on just about every skin I start I get as far as the main window background finished..maybe the cbuttons and text..and I lose interest. These are the skins I got the farthest on. Usually the reason I don't finish a skin is not because I hate it, but because I have no patience.

The one on the left is my very fisrt skin (no..of course I didn't use a skinner..why would I do that? ). I used a skinner because I didn't understant the instructions and thought that the only way to do it was with a program. Anyways I finally figured out how to do it and went back and changed some of the buttons. I haven't submitted it because I don't think it's modified enough yet.

The top one on the right was inspired by my DVD player and is kind of a skin in progress..but I never work on it. I got to the eq and basicly said "screw it..I'm too lazy." (Actually I made a thread about it a while ago but only about 3 people saw it.

Next one down was based on my website..but I got bored with it and there really isn't a point in me finishing it since I am working on another web site.

I gave up on the last one simply because I do not have sufficient skill or software to make it look good.

(okay..I know you asked specifically not for unfinished skins..but it's all I've got. If I'm gonna take the time to actually finish it i'd at least publish it)

I also have another (actually, two) that no one has seen..but you would have already seen them had their files not been corrupted and I was to lazy to restart them.

Wow..that must be a record for my longest post..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg neverbeforeseen.jpg (51.4 KB, 217 views)
CrocodileDumdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 01:08   #9
Forevever
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by CrocodileDumdee
(okay..I know you asked specifically not for unfinished skins..but it's all I've got. If I'm gonna take the time to actually finish it i'd at least publish it)
Thats ok, I only wanted to see completed skins because I think the level of hate would have to be pretty high to actually finish a skin then not publish it - exact opposite of you saying "I'd at least publish it" - Dig?

Anywayz - I really like where you're going with the black one - maybe you should pick it up again

the skinner one obviously sucks - the orange and blue one has potential too - the blue glassy button one would be very typical I think

I really like the black one though - some might consider it typical - I consider it talented

Old 16th April 2002, 01:18   #10
dimichan
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to dimichan
one of my first efforts, which I liked the concept, but really need to sit down and rework about 60% of it or so; the bordering, stacks, and most of the buttons I am not pleased with, the equalizer concept, pic, and cbuttons and general idea I will use though; the second one I don't know if I'll ever work on or not, it was going to be coral (the rounded holding up parts) with the pearl, but I really don't like working with transparency much
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blaaaahj.jpg (86.1 KB, 208 views)
dimichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 01:18   #11
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Forevever
I really like the black one though - some might consider it typical - I consider it talented
I agree...It looks really nice so far...I'd like to see it finished too.
Old 16th April 2002, 01:29   #12
CrocodileDumdee

Quote:
Thats ok, I only wanted to see completed skins because I think the level of hate would have to be pretty high to actually finish a skin then not publish it - exact opposite of you saying "I'd at least publish it" - Dig?
Dig.
Quote:
I like it too, it's just that once I get so far into a skin it gets boring. I do, however, go back to this one every once in a while when I'm in the mood.
CrocodileDumdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 01:30   #13
Ch33zels
Major Dude

i would show you my crap skins, but i kinda delete stuff i dont like so i dont have them anymore....
Ch33zels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 01:39   #14
Spectrus_Wolfus

hey croc we must visit similiar sites i have a half started wolf skin and it has very similiar pics in it to yours lol
i don't suppose you still have the howling wolf pic just laying about do you btw
Old 16th April 2002, 03:20   #15
PeaceMaker
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to PeaceMaker
here are two skins that ive never got around to doing. nothing special but both were meant to have transparent regions in them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg just 2 lazy skins of mine.jpg (16.0 KB, 194 views)
PeaceMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 03:24   #16
PeaceMaker
Major Dude

i almost forgot this one, ive never touched it in months, because it needs a fair bit of work [and i wanted to do a stereo skin at the same time which hasnt happened either ]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg over_all_bevel_one.jpg (14.7 KB, 182 views)
Old 16th April 2002, 03:30   #17
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Theyre pretty good PM, I like the second one...would be interesting to see what it would look like finished.
Old 16th April 2002, 03:38   #18
PeaceMaker
Major Dude

hmm, well they might get done one day, but not soon [i plan to take a break from skinning for a while after the collabs over.] i had a roughly sketched Alpine skin but that seems to have gone missing, damn virus.
Old 16th April 2002, 07:19   #19
simon snowflake
Skin Wizard
(Forum King)

Location: Gent, Belgium. does anybody know where the toilets are?
Send a message via ICQ to simon snowflake
I've got unfinished ones, but the ones I did not like are lost in the formatting progress

but some of you might remember this one:

don't be a thief of your own life.... : DEXYD - Digitally EXpressing Your Dreams

Join the Winamp Enthusiasts Forum - Join the Winamp Skin Love facebook group:
simon snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 07:56   #20
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Why didnt you finish that one simon?? With some more detail it could have been really nice..
Old 16th April 2002, 08:08   #21
simon snowflake
Skin Wizard
(Forum King)

It was during a rather bussy period in my life when I started thi skin. And I had to stop skinning for a while because I moved from The Netherlands to Belgium. Sa after a while when I actually had time to skn again I lost a shit load of stuff, because my little bro managed to delete all my work. But thanks to Doggy Dog I still have what yo can see in the screen shot. But I did lose all of my layerd images.

This made me want to start over on the skin, but every thing changed a bit, resulting in Electro Transfix. I still promised Doggy Dog to finsh the original Electro Transfix (wich was the working name of the skin above) and call it Electro Transfix Retro Styling. But shortly after that i got a new job, and did not find time to make it yet.

don't be a thief of your own life.... : DEXYD - Digitally EXpressing Your Dreams

Old 16th April 2002, 10:27   #22
Forevever
Major Dude

LOL@Peace&Simon

the skins you hate put the skins I love to shame

Old 16th April 2002, 10:30   #23
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Not strictly finished, but there again not likely to be published either, abandoned projects.....

A WA3 skin that I knocked toghether just to test out some maki functions, complete with embedded avs windows, multiple sliding draws blah blah blah blah. Never gonna get finished cos, well its a freaking huge CPU hog when your running it, need some serious grunt, still helped me try out new things....

A WA2 skin, that I started back last august, gave it up when I lost the urge to skin, picked it up again earlier this year, really can't be arsed with it now,lacks a working EQ and Playlist, the rest is there including a massively complicated animated volume slider, best I've probably ever done. Originaly started for the toon skin project. Unlikely to be finished due to me giving up on WA2

They both however do work, just need polishing up.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unfinished.jpg (84.4 KB, 192 views)
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 10:37   #24
ripe
Major Dude

cool... Captain Caveman Rocks (sorry)

no, really, i used to love Cavey
ripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 10:41   #25
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

I should finish him really, make him my last wa2 skin, what a way to bow out huh

Shortly after the toon site went live, I got an email from a lady who used to write scripts for various cartoons, including Scooby Doo and Hong Kong Phooey, she was in her element with the toon site, I wrote back, mentioned that cavey was in the works and she started coming back with all these stories of when she worked on the Capt Caveman show, with all these hilarious stories of Mel Blanc etc, she also write Star Trek books as well.

I really should finish him, kick me up the arse someone, spur me into action....
Old 16th April 2002, 10:44   #26
simon snowflake
Skin Wizard
(Forum King)

Re: LOL@Peace&Simon

Quote:
the skins you hate put the skins I love to shame
I neve said i did not like the skin!!!

Toon-site?
And MR J could you tellme how you made the circular AVS, I've tried thing but the all failed. (PM me or reply in the WA3-thread in my sig)

Old 16th April 2002, 10:53   #27
ripe
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jones
I really should finish him, kick me up the arse someone, spur me into action....
this oughta do it...
rename .zip to .wav
Attached Files
File Type: zip caveman.zip (83.2 KB, 146 views)
ripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 10:55   #28
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Re: Re: LOL@Peace&Simon

Quote:
Originally posted by simon snowflake

Toon-site?
Toon site.
Old 16th April 2002, 11:27   #29
simon snowflake
Skin Wizard
(Forum King)

is that the result of a contest, or are thes just the best toon skins on winamp.com?

Old 16th April 2002, 11:31   #30
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

No, that was the result of the various skins that were put forward for the toon site, not sure it was ever a competition, more of a showcase, no time limits, no prizes, just doing it for the fun of it.

Turned into a nice side project, all artwork by Duk, rest of the html and stuff by me.

Was thinking of lavishing a bit of love on it at somepoint in the future, I've a skin collab coming up with Duk some time soon, also have a shit load of wallpapers we've both designed that I was gonna put up as well.

Not a bad hit rate, 40000 + hits so far, not bad for a little out of the way site whose only publicity was an article on winamp.com and these forums.
Old 16th April 2002, 11:44   #31
simon snowflake
Skin Wizard
(Forum King)

ther should be a direct link to it from the "winamp.skins" page

[edit]hmmm I'm starting to get a bit to used to type XML [/edit]

Old 16th April 2002, 12:04   #32
Cleanup
The WWYD Jerk
(Forum King)

I showed the members of Skin Love way back when this skin. Never finished it. I think it was my attempt after Past-Elle.
Attached Images
File Type: png nuclear memory.png (3.9 KB, 175 views)
Cleanup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 15:11   #33
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Quote:
I recon you should finish it, Cavey rules..
Old 16th April 2002, 20:05   #34
Lucid DM
Eat, skin, sleep. Repeat.
(Major Dude)

Send a message via AIM to Lucid DM
Something I got asked to do, ages ago.
Lucid DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 21:05   #35
caz
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to caz
these are the unfinished skins that most of you will know lol - i have about 5 others that no ones seen...somewhere lol, a couple of these are nearly done - i jus cant find the time - or the patience to finish em (except sixgun ORANGE, which I have to finish cos i promised cleanup lol)

argh!! the max payne thing is by far my most hated skin..ever! lol - the first time i tried to skin everything. pay particular attention to tried lol (notice anything funny bout the MB?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unfinshed.jpg (98.6 KB, 177 views)

caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 21:48   #36
Spectrus_Wolfus

gees if you guys can't be bothered making these ones to completeion i should give up skinning now most of these leave my 2 slkins to shame
Old 16th April 2002, 22:43   #37
Forevever
Major Dude

I like a lot of the skins I'm seeing
I was hoping to see some uglier skins though

Old 16th April 2002, 22:55   #38
Spectrus_Wolfus

Quote:
I like a lot of the skins I'm seeing
I was hoping to see some uglier skins though

you asked for em so here they are and i'm sorry for anybody with sensitive eyes the one's even i rejected
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ugly yuk.jpg (38.7 KB, 151 views)
Old 16th April 2002, 23:08   #39
dimichan
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to dimichan
LOL - ok, dunno whether this qualifies as ugly, cheesy, or just plain nauseating... but should be worth a laugh at least... one of my thankfully canned projects.

A lot of what i'm seeing look like they could be pretty nice though!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg argh.jpg (66.4 KB, 152 views)
dimichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2002, 00:52   #40
KiwiFreak
Major Dude

I remember the very first skin I attempted...I downloaded the base skin and went off that...it had bright red areas, no bevels or 3d or anything. I gave up on it after I had changed the part where the song titles show on the main, I changed it to red and then tested it...I couldn't work out why it didn't stay red (I hadn't realsied the you had to change the text.bmp as well )

After that I didn't even think about skinning for about a year, then for some reason I got the urge again to start skinning.

I started a korn skin once using an anime picture of the band, I basically got the main finished then decided for some reason to look through the other korn skins on winamp.com, lucky I did, casue there was a skin using exactly the same pic, if it had been submitted I would have been flamed for ripping

If you think you can or think you can't...you're right.
KiwiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins