Old 3rd August 2012, 13:44   #1
manski83

[BUG] SHOUTcast Radio (iOS) stops after 30 minutes

Hi,

I just downloaded the official "SHOUTcast Radio" app onto my iPhone. It works but it stops playing exactly after 30 minutes (while not charging). This seems to be because after that period iOS disable WiFi to save battery, unless the app requests otherwise.

This seems to describe the problem and solution in general: http://www.gitshah.com/2011/05/ios-f...sed-after.html

Is this a known issue?

Regards
Manski
manski83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2012, 10:09   #2
manski83

Anyone? Is this even the right forum?
Old 15th August 2012, 10:15   #3
DrO

issues with the app don't really fit in properly anywhere with the sub-forums available. i need to find out who deals with the app issues as this is not something i've any means to help out with (or likely anyone else which is why there's not been a reply as i wanted to find out before replying).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2012, 10:23   #4
manski83

Thanks for the reply. I just posted here as this forum is listed as official support site in the App Store.
Old 15th August 2012, 10:32   #5
DrO

i realise that is why. is just how things were setup round here which means there's never been a true area for the iOS app, though generally there's not been much forum posts about it which has led to there not being a major need to create an additional sub-forum. anyhow, the best i can do is try to get it passed on and hopefully something can be done about it in a future update of the app.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
bug, ios