Old 28th January 2016, 21:18   #1
J_Ason

"Now Playing" broken

When I click on "now playing" I get the result below. Seems to be a browser. Weird, but also there's nothing I can do with it, so whatever "now playing" is meant for it's probably not nothing, right?

What I expected to find was the play queue. How do I get that?

Also, when I click on a song in a list - say an album - to play it, and then queue up something else, I want it to play right after the current song. This is how Spotify works: if you tell the player explicitly to play or enqueue something, it has a higher priority than something that is only in the queue because you double clicked on a song above it in an album or other list. Is there a way to accomplish this?

J_Ason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 22:01   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Now Playing was a feature provided by AOL, so yes it no longer works. It looked up info on the internet about the currently selected or playing song. The current owners may be bringing this feature back in a future release.

You need to open the panel for the playlist editor to see and work with the songs in the play queue. Right-click on the title bar and select it from the list of commands in the main context menu or press the shortcut keys (Alt+E). If you still don't see it on the right hand side, move the mouse pointer over close to the far right edge of the window until the pointer changes to a double headed arrow, then click and drag to the left. You can re-size (or hide) most of the panels by clicking on the borders between them and dragging the borders in different directions (up, down, left or right).

Items added to the play queue go to the bottom of the list in the playlist editor (below what is already in the list). There are various ways to change the order of the items in the playlist editor. If the list isn't very long, the fastest way is to click and drag. You can move 1 item at a time or a group of items. You select a group of items the same way you would do in Windows Explorer.

Winamp works like Winamp. Do not expect it to work like other apps. Once you learn how it does things and all the things it can do, you will probably like using it. Try right-clicking on various things or in various places. Winamp has a lot of context menus with commands related to what you clicked on or where you clicked.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 23:54   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Ason View Post
Also, when I click on a song in a list - say an album - to play it, and then queue up something else, I want it to play right after the current song. This is how Spotify works: if you tell the player explicitly to play or enqueue something, it has a higher priority than something that is only in the queue because you double clicked on a song above it in an album or other list. Is there a way to accomplish this?
yes. in prefs make sure the JTFE plugin is enabled, i have the first, 3rd, and 4th checkboxes checked, and then the first circle.

close prefs, get something playing, then find what you want next, right click, go to "send to" and click "move after current playlist item"

it works, but it is a little clumsy. i would like an option in winamp where only those things you click on (or multiple items you highlight and enqueue) are sent to the scratch playlist, (as opposed to everything in the smartview or album or whatever) and then as you click on each single item, they are added one by one to the playlist without resetting the playlist, (or multiple items at once either).

this would place more emphasis on the player controls and make the ML more of a playlist builder / manager. its just a different approach to the behavior and one i think a lot of people would like, and its one that could be done in prefs, so people could switch back and forth as they wished.

EDIT:

ok, what i just described above is true, except in prefs its the JTFE plugin's sub folder called ML Options.

and it looks like there are options on the Jump to File main entry in prefs to do what i said i wished winamp could do...

SO, i think what you want can be done, pretty directly, and without it being clumsy. i really rarely ever use the plugin, so now i have some reason to screw around with it.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Last edited by MrSinatra; 29th January 2016 at 01:14.
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 16:35   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Yes, JTFE adds the ability to use a queue that acts like a second playlist. Files can be added to the queue from the playlist editor (and media library) and files added from Windows Explorer can be designated to go to the queue instead of the playlist editor.

There is a panel called the "Queue Manager" that lets you view what is in it and rearrange the items listed if wanted. Playback can be done directly from the queue or one or more selected files can be transferred to the playlist editor for playback. When using playback from the queue, once all the files (or selected files) have been played, 1 option is to have playback automatically continue from the playlist editor. There are several other options available to have Winamp do other things after the files (or selected files) in the queue are played.

In my home, our computer room (home office) is next to our bedroom. I sometimes load some files in the queue and have Winamp (and my computer) shutdown after they are played. This lets me use Winamp to serenade my wife and me to sleep, knowing that the computer will be shutdown properly after we're asleep.

JTFE is a very powerful plug-in and adds many useful features to Winamp. There are a few 'bugs' (when being used with some other 3rd party plug-ins), but I hope DrO will change his mind and continue to let it be used in new Winamp versions (if there are problems in making all that it provides into native features).

JTFE has been available for a long time. It took me a long time to take the time to learn what it can do. Now I use several JTFE features regularly.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Last edited by Aminifu; 29th January 2016 at 18:00.
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
bug, now playing, queue