Old 14th December 2003, 02:06   #1
csabfly

WMA files??????

Hi-
For some reason i am not able to play wma. files in winamp anymore. It is highlighted to play them in my preferences and i have tinkered with the buffer times thinking that might be it but got no result. Please tell me what is going on, i really dont want to have to play my music in another media player.

thanks
Old 14th December 2003, 02:58   #2
JonnyMac

Did you see the sticky thread near the top of the thread list?

Sticky: Winamp3 Is Dead, Upgrade To Winamp 5

Try installing Winamp 5. WA5 awesome Support for Winamp3 will end with the final public release of Winamp 5 (hopefully on Monday the 15, but no guarantees).

However, if you are a "die-hard" WA3 fan read the following quote from the WA3 FAQ...

The CDs I ripped in Windows Media Player don't work
The CDs were probably ripped into Microsoft's propriety Windows Media Audio format. Don't do that. It is always better to rip CDs into a more open and playable format like MP3 or Ogg Vorbis using programs like CDex or EAC. For WMA playback issues refer to the next question:

WMA files don't play
Make sure Video support is installed with Winamp3. Installation of WMP9 breaks Winamp3's WMA support. Try reinstalling the WMA 7&8 Codecs available from Microsoft (direct link). If there is still a WMA playback problem refer to this thread.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Technical Support