Old 6th December 2013, 19:34   #121
Psychonaut

Send a message via ICQ to Psychonaut
Where I can download the newest version (1.2.xx)? Since account activiation on the new forums is disabled I'm not be able to download it here http://winampforum.com/showthread.php?tid=11.
Version here winamp.com/plugin/bogprog-embedded-art/222666 is 1.1.xx

And: Does the plugin handle embedded album art in FLAC files?
Psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 20:36   #122
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

This is a good question, since also I myself have discovered, that many download-links don't work in offline-mode. I had to find that the second time. Maybe a link to a different website is much better, where the download-links will work.

On the old board all download-links and all downloads of the attachements had worked.

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 01:43   #123
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
... Since account activiation on the new forums is disabled....
I doubt very much that account activation is disabled on the new forums.
What makes you say this?

It is possible that your activation email was filtered to your spam folder.
If you have problems, use the "Contact Us" link on the new forum page.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 06:05   #124
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
Where I can download the newest version (1.2.xx)? Since account activiation on the new forums is disabled I'm not be able to download it here http://winampforum.com/showthread.php?tid=11.

And: Does the plugin handle embedded album art in FLAC files?
There is still a problem with some people getting their activation email, so follow ryerman's advice and use the link to send the site admin an email about your problem.

So far, I've only used this plug-in with mp3 and flac files and it handles both very well. There may be occasional issues with embedding while a file is playing, so I advise to only embed to files that are not playing.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 11:47   #125
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Psychonaut,

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I have only used images in the JPG (JPEG) format. JPG is the default image type for the plug-in and for Winamp. The plug-in and Winamp supports BMP, GIF, and PNG as well.

But I recently learned that the current version of Winamp has serious issues with certain types of GIF images (may cause it to crash). If you want to use GIFs, I suggest testing them as independent folder art first, before embedding them.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 7th December 2013, 20:43   #126
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Changed.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 07:05   #127
Aminifu
Forum King

@thinktink,
Changed what?

@Psychonaut,
I hear that the issue with GIF images will be fixed in the next update to the final Winamp release.

Old 8th December 2013, 07:45   #128
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
@thinktink,
Changed what?

The download location. From off the forums to my temporary site.
Old 8th December 2013, 16:44   #129
Psychonaut

Send a message via ICQ to Psychonaut
@Aminifu: Thank you for the information
@thinktink: Thank you, too
Psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 19:53   #130
thinktink
Forum King

In response to a recent PM.

New download location:
http://bogproghome.hopto.org/downloa...beddedart.html
Old 9th May 2014, 00:28   #131
ChiggyChiggy

Man do i love this plugin, finally dont have to use a separate program to add art to my music. Butttt there is this one super annoying bug in it: sometimes after you paste in a picture, and save it, the picture isnt saved and its as if youve done nothing, but once you do it a second time it works

Im not sure how t elaborate on this any more since it does it to every so random file of mine without any pattern to it really...
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 03:07   #132
thinktink
Forum King

Please send me or attach an archive containing the actual audio file and art that it's bugging on. And which paste button are you using?

And what would be ultra helpful is an uploaded video (like on youtube) showing the bug from the time you first put the file into Winamp 'till it does the bug and then finally embeds on the second try. I know it's not easy to do so if you don't have the tools to do screen captures (like CamStudio) already installed then don't worry about it.
Old 9th May 2014, 05:42   #133
ChiggyChiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
Please send me or attach an archive containing the actual audio file and art that it's bugging on. And which paste button are you using?

And what would be ultra helpful is an uploaded video (like on youtube) showing the bug from the time you first put the file into Winamp 'till it does the bug and then finally embeds on the second try. I know it's not easy to do so if you don't have the tools to do screen captures (like CamStudio) already installed then don't worry about it.

I tried recording it but of all the times it did finally reproduce the error when adding album art, it was the time i failed to save it with CamStudio >.< Ill post the file that it did produce the error with though, that might give insight into it maybe..? Its the same file that at first it refused to work with but then did, its just one of many. Ill try to describe the scenario instead for now though.

The scenario is:

-You copy an image you see from the internet and its copied into Window's clipboard

-Using Winamp's "view file info" button in the context menu of the file you want to edit it brings up the editor

-In the artwork tab theres an option called "paste"

-Using said button you paste artwork and it's now supposedly embedded into the file and click save

-You re-open the editor on the same file and see there is no artwork at all, if you redo what you did however and paste the picture and save it, this time it will embed it

Heres the fle that it did it with: https://app.box.com/s/zt1osyq4idhyrrz1uabs

And heres the file that i copied to paste as artwork: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...1L._SS500_.jpg
Old 9th May 2014, 07:48   #134
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi ChiggyChiggy,

I'm able to duplicate this issue when I use the "Paste Artwork" button to get an image from the Windows clipboard. It shows up in the dialog, but is never saved in the file (even when I use the "Paste" button on the right side). But the "Paste Artwork" button is not supported by thinktink's plug-in, afaik. It is part of the Winamp implementation which doesn't support embedding. I think it is for transferring an image from the clipboard to a folder as an external file. But, that does not work for me either.

To use thinktink's plug-in, you need to download the image to a folder, then use the "Load Artwork..." button to navigate to the folder and select the image. Then it will show up in the dialog and be embedded when you click the "Paste" button on the right side. You can use a jpg, bmp, gif, or png image format, jpg is the default.

Old 9th May 2014, 08:14   #135
ChiggyChiggy

Quote:
Hi ChiggyChiggy,

I'm able to duplicate this issue when I use the "Paste Artwork" button to get an image from the Windows clipboard. It shows up in the dialog, but is never saved in the file (even when I use the "Paste" button on the right side). But the "Paste Artwork" button is not supported by thinktink's plug-in, afaik. It is part of the Winamp implementation which doesn't support embedding. I think it is for transferring an image from the clipboard to a folder as an external file. But, that does not work for me either.
Hi!

Strange, i just tried the "paste artwork" button and it saved it embedded the artwork normally, then i tried it once more with the other paste option (well, since it was greyed out at first i had to paste in a dummy pic then add the real artwork) and it still saved, are you sure you have in the plugin's options to embed by default? I remember at first i had to change it from its default setting (it used to write "nocover" or something like that in the section above where its written "paste artwork" that basically did the exact opposite of what i wanted it to do )

Here are what its options are like and what i have as default (highlighted in blue) http://i.gyazo.com/c0192635c9728c649cc7a27adbb142e2.png

Quote:
To use thinktink's plug-in, you need to download the image to a folder, then use the "Load Artwork..." button to navigate to the folder and select the image. Then it will show up in the dialog and be embedded when you click the "Paste" button on the right side. You can use a jpg, bmp, gif, or png image format, jpg is the default.
Im really hoping its more of a bug than having to use this work around :L saving the album art first makes it take an extra step longer and for when editing several files after each other with different arts, it makes it a bit of a pain... plus theres the pics you saved that you have to delete later >.>
Old 9th May 2014, 08:23   #136
Aminifu
Forum King

Upon further testing, it does work if the file has other metadata tags in it. The first file I tried it with had no tags at all. I don't know which tags are needed, at a minimum, to get it to work. Hopefully, thinktink can explain further.

It is curious that it doesn't work for you sometimes on the first try, but always does on the second.

All this time, I've been downloading images. I never thought to use the clipboard. Duh,

Although, in my defense, I look for and download a bunch of images first, then add them to the files later.

Old 9th May 2014, 09:17   #137
DrO

sounds like I need to do some checking of things as well since pasting should be working and could be a bug with the Winamp version being used as I know I've fixed some issues already with artwork crashes. though I really need to sort out things so its all handled natively, including sorting out doing embedding natively.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2014, 09:23   #138
ChiggyChiggy

By any chance does this plugin save its embedded art in id3v2.4? or changes something about the file structure? In my earlier thread i noticed most of my files that didnt display their tag fields in Windows Exploere were all the ones i added artwork to manually using this plugin, to fix it i had to use foobar's "rebuild mp3 stream" option (like what mp3diags does basically), suggesting that perhaps this plugin does something it isnt meant to with mp3s? bug perhaps? intended workaround? :L
Old 9th May 2014, 09:48   #139
DrO

it uses what Winamp provides afaik (unless thinktink has implemented manual tag writing). and if anything I'd expect your v2.4 tags might come from having put it through foobar2000 which did / does v2.4 tags by default. and relying on explorer to verify tags is not a good thing to do as its notoriously not good and is better to use mp3tag or anything which has decent tagging support than explorer.
Old 9th May 2014, 10:35   #140
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiggyChiggy View Post
In my earlier thread i noticed most of my files that didnt display their tag fields in Windows Exploere were all the ones i added artwork to manually using this plugin, ...
Something else I have not seen. All my files use both ID3v2.3 and v1.1 tags and the v2.3 tags show in Explorer whether I've used this plug-in to embed art in them or not.

Do you know if the files in question had v2.4 tags to start with? Version 2.4 tags may be why the embed does not work the first time. The <Alt+3> editor will update tags (even when nothing is changed) when the OK button is clicked. It will read proper v2.4 tags, but only write v2.3 and/or v1.1, as selected. You could be ending up with all 3 versions in your files causing Explorer to ignore both v2.x versions.

Old 9th May 2014, 23:41   #141
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
...unless thinktink has implemented manual tag writing...
I have not. I'm using the Wasabi API and directing the art providers to do it (after figuring out which one, embed parameters, user settings, what-not, etc..).
Old 9th May 2014, 23:45   #142
DrO

that's what i thought was being done, but nothing beats some specific clarification
Old 10th May 2014, 00:11   #143
thinktink
Forum King

Ok, so the only way I was able to even coming close to replicating this issue was by removing ALL the tags from the mp3 file with "mp3tag."

However, after removing the tags, it wouldn't embed at all, even after trying a second time.

I tried with pasting from both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Same results. I even re-downloaded Winamp, this plugin, the recommended patch plugins just to make sure I have everything optimal.

I tested on both WinXPx86 and Win7x64, exact same results on both systems.

Now might be a good time for a Koopa Info Tool report on your CURRENT setup without modifying anything.
Old 10th May 2014, 00:16   #144
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
...including sorting out doing embedding natively.
Why do you want to take my fame away from me...
Old 10th May 2014, 00:16   #145
DrO

i've a feeling (can't check as am logging off for the weekend now), but that was the reason why embedding wasn't probably enabled i.e. it needs a tag to begin with before it'll work.

i'll have to schedule some time in the coming week to look into it all.

Quote:
Why do you want to take my fame away from me...
because this feature needs to be done natively (along with sorting out any other quirks as seems to be the case i.e. not working without an existing tag) and was on the 5.66x todo list but time just ran out.

and it's not like i've not nuked a number of my own plug-ins with native implementations, so it's not personal. plus the fact that it generally works with your solution shows that most of the underlying aspects are sound for being used publically for a 6.x iteration.

anyway, you've got the opus plug-in to keep you with fame.
Old 10th May 2014, 00:20   #146
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
...why embedding wasn't probably enabled i.e. it needs a tag to begin with before it'll work.
Is there something I can do/check before firing off the embed task to check and force a tag write/creation before embedding? I was able to start embedding again after manually running the auto-tagger from the UFIP so maybe I can implement a simple solution in the interim?
Old 10th May 2014, 00:23   #147
DrO

i really don't know without checking things myself. i guess you can try seeing what happens if you attempt to write a single tag value to the file (say read the artist value and right it straight back) and then try to embed after doing that, but it's possible that it might cause other issues due to the caching some of the input plug-ins employ vs updating things out of the expected order as you'd effectively be doing.
Old 10th May 2014, 00:25   #148
ChiggyChiggy

Quote:
Ok, so the only way I was able to even coming close to replicating this issue was by removing ALL the tags from the mp3 file with "mp3tag."

However, after removing the tags, it wouldn't embed at all, even after trying a second time.

I tried with pasting from both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Same results. I even re-downloaded Winamp, this plugin, the recommended patch plugins just to make sure I have everything optimal.

I tested on both WinXPx86 and Win7x64, exact same results on both systems.
This cant be good can it lol...

Quote:
Now might be a good time for a Koopa Info Tool report on your CURRENT setup without modifying anything.
Done and done!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Winamp_Info_Report_05-10-2014.txt (30.5 KB, 349 views)
Old 10th May 2014, 00:30   #149
DrO

even without the embedding issue, there's a number of my plug-ins present which aren't needed anymore e.g. gen_find_on_disk.dll or are old versions e.g. ml_enqplay.dll (as it's missing a version resource which is a good give away of old versions of my plug-ins). so just from that alone i'd work through and either remove what you don't use or update them as applicable (though i don't believe it's going to be leading to anything seen by the embedding issue which is almost certainly a Winamp core issue).
Old 10th May 2014, 00:34   #150
ChiggyChiggy

Quote:
even without the embedding issue, there's a number of my plug-ins present which aren't needed anymore e.g. gen_find_on_disk.dll or are old versions e.g. ml_enqplay.dll (as it's missing a version resource which is a good give away of old versions of my plug-ins). so just from that alone i'd work through and either remove what you don't use or update them as applicable (though i don't believe it's going to be leading to anything seen by the embedding issue which is almost certainly a Winamp core issue).
Wait, but the find on disk feature in Winamp is kickass! D: why to remove it?
Old 10th May 2014, 00:34   #151
thinktink
Forum King

DrO, by the info tool report I can confirm he has the latest stable version of my plugin. It also looks like he's got the latest version of Winamp with the proper 4.103 regress of the MP3 input plugin. Looks like all Winamp here.
Old 10th May 2014, 00:36   #152
DrO

Quote:
Wait, but the find on disk feature in Winamp is kickass! D: why to remove it?
because it is native to v5.66x and the plug-in itself is not needed at all now. it was only previously needed since v5.58 and newer for the menu item being added as the core handling was included in winamp.exe since that time - when i'd added it natively and wanted to keep some 'fame' by keeping the plug-in just adding the menu item.

i agree with the post above that it's a sound looking patched 5.666 install. so that seems to reinforce it being an issue in the Winamp core.

and with that, i'm now out for the weekend.
Old 10th May 2014, 00:42   #153
ChiggyChiggy

Ah, apologies for the misunderstanding DrO, i thought you meant the native feature would be completely removed.

I dont mean to derail the topic here but, by any chance is embedding album art in any way using the "edit metadata for selection" option in the context menu planned alongside native embedding artwork in the other single file tag editor?
Old 10th May 2014, 00:52   #154
thinktink
Forum King

I need to get back to my "day job" but I'll have a look experimenting with inducing tag creation before firing off the embed code. Might not have anything 'till tomorrow morning/afternoon.
Old 10th May 2014, 06:12   #155
thinktink
Forum King

The attached is EXPERIMENTAL (but still stable). It asks Winamp for the "artist" tag and if Winamp gives it an empty string, it will then direct Winamp to set the "artist" tag to a single space. This makes the ATF look funny but it seems to induce tags before doing the embed.

See if the attached works for you.

Last edited by thinktink; 10th May 2014 at 19:12.
Old 10th May 2014, 07:07   #156
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
I dont mean to derail the topic here but, by any chance is embedding album art in any way using the "edit metadata for selection" option in the context menu planned alongside native embedding artwork in the other single file tag editor?
I don't understand the question.

For Winamp v5.666 build 3516:

The <Shift+E> "Edit Item Metadata" editor does not support any kind of artwork handling (embedded or external). It does not in previous Winamp versions either.

This editor allows for editing the indicated metadata for a single file or the bulk editing of a group of selected files (e.g. correcting the artist name for all files associated with the artist), in the media library record(s) only or the library record(s) and the file(s) if possible. Thus it allows metadata to be added to the library records of files whose format does not support adding the metadata to the files themselves (e.g. wav files). It can also automatically create file library records if they do not already exist. This is controlled by the "upd_mode=" option in the [Winamp] section of "winamp.ini", "0" allows the record(s) to be created and "1" prevents it.

It you just want to edit tags in a file that is not in the media library or will not be added to the library, it is better to use the <Alt+3> "File Info" editor or a 3rd party tagger. The Winamp <Alt+3> "File Info" editor is the only one that supports artwork handling (thinktink's plug-in is needed for embedding).

Old 10th May 2014, 07:27   #157
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
The attached is EXPERIMENTAL (but still stable). It asks Winamp for the "artist" tag and if Winamp gives it an empty string, it will then direct Winamp to set the "artist" tag to a single space.
Thank you for this. With all due respect, it seems a solution in search of a problem. If you intend to incorporate this test, I suggest you add something like "Needs an Artist", instead of just a single space.

It does not seem likely that a user would want a file to only contain artwork and if it is seen that no other tags exist, then at least one would be added. I made the mistake by choosing a test file that I had not tagged and opened the editor which was already on the artwork tab from previous use (thus not noticing the file had no tags). On the other hand, I guess it was good that I did this, or this issue may have gone unnoticed for awhile longer.

ChiggyChiggy's original question was why the embedding sometimes didn't work on his first try. I speculated that this happened when his file only had ID3v2.4 tags originally. Do you have a way of testing this?

Old 10th May 2014, 14:43   #158
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
...file only had ID3v2.4 tags originally. Do you have a way of testing this?
I am not aware of any API from Winamp that can give me the "version" of the tagging used by a file.
Old 10th May 2014, 19:11   #159
thinktink
Forum King

So I was screwing around the experimental version and a file with only ID3v1 tags in it. Long story short, this is a problem I cannot fix or work-around with any measure of reliability. I've removed the experimental attachment and suggest reverting back to the current release since the experimental one really doesn't provide consistent benefit.
Old 11th May 2014, 20:36   #160
DrO

thanks for taking the time to confirm that it's not right and i need to do some work
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
album, art, artwork, embed, embeded