X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • milosz
    • Apr 2006

Display playlist info from my stream on my web site

I have a stream. It runs off a simple playlist. it's 3000 items long, and each item is minimum 30 minutes long, maximum 90 minutes, so it's a playlist that takes a long time to repeat- over two months.

I would like to put some code on my website that would display where in the playlist the currently streaming track is, what's coming next, and maybe even the next 10 playlist items. (My material is all public domain so there's no problem with letting folks know what's coming up next)

I know I can just show the HTML output of the DNAS which shows the next track, but I want something nicer than that- something that shows more.

Before I go about re-inventing a wheel that someone may have already created, I thought I'd ask - anyone know of such a thing?

Thanks
  • NJK
    FRISIAN
    • Sep 2003

I take it you search the internet already for Now Playing Scripts?
    latest version of Winamp
    DSP Plug V2.41
    Language Packs

Comment

• milosz
      • Apr 2006

I don't need a "now playing" - I have one of those already - I need a "next ten to be played"

Various searches for shoutcast scripts, stream scripts etc have not found any "upcoming tracks" scripts

Thanks

Comment

• NJK
        FRISIAN
        • Sep 2003

LinkedIn Learning is the next generation of Lynda.com. Grow your skills by exploring more Web Development courses today: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/to...

Use PHP to retrieve data from a database and display it on a web page.

just 3 examples of what you might be needing.
        latest version of Winamp
        DSP Plug V2.41
        Language Packs

Comment

• milosz
          • Apr 2006

Thanks. The database / PHP stuff would be useful if / when I do my own script. My playlist is not a database, just a flat file, but the approach could probably be made to work. I think there would be more work, too, because the script would have to get the "now playing" info from the DNAS.

The recently played / now playing / what's next info is already easily available from the DNAS' HTTP output which I could put in a frame or some such.

What I am looking for is something to show the next 10 upcoming tracks, and that doesn't seem to exist. Perhaps I'll have to do that myself.... but it was worth a shout out to see if someone had already done it, after my various searches didn't turn it up.

If I get it to work I'll post it.

Comment

• milosz
            • Apr 2006

...no luck so far...

Comment

• joshpratt
              • Jan 2019

Originally Posted by milosz View Post
              I have a stream. It runs off a simple playlist. it's 3000 items long, and each item is minimum 30 minutes long, maximum 90 minutes, so it's a playlist that takes a long time to repeat- over two months.

I would like to put some code on my website that would display where in the playlist the currently streaming track is, what's coming next, and maybe even the next 10 playlist items. (My material is all public domain so there's no problem with letting folks know what's coming up next)

I know I can just show the HTML showbox apk output of the DNAS which shows the next track, but I want something nicer than that- something that shows more.

Before I go about re-inventing a wheel that someone may have already created, I thought I'd ask - anyone know of such a thing?

Thanks
              Did anyone fix this issue?

Comment

• milosz
                • Apr 2006

No one has offered any solutions; it is left up to me to code one. So far I haven't had the time required to tackle this.

Comment

• harrygeorge4158
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2019

Free Shoutcast and Icecast Flash or HTML5 Player. Streak Player with the decision of an extraordinary skin. MP3 design just, Icecast servers utilize the/stream mount, alter ...

Comment

• milosz
                    • Apr 2006

I don't understand that reply, sorry.

Comment

• neralex
                      Major Dude
                      • Mar 2011

milosz, this is possible in DNASv2 but only with a source, which is supporting the SHOUTcast v2 protocol and this source must be able to provide this information. From all what I know - sc_trans (deprecated, unsupported anymore, still BETA) was the only one source-manger, which was able to do this.

Comment

• milosz
                        • Apr 2006

Well, I am using sc_trans. How about that, I never saw this/nextsongs thing.

And I can embed the [http://server IP: port/nextsongs output in my website. HTML5 embed is maybe not the best way to use it, but it DOES work.

Comment

• neralex
                          Major Dude
                          • Mar 2011

Parse the XML-data with PHP or use the JSONP callback with a jQuery/ajax request.

/nextsongs?sid=1&json=1

Comment

• milosz
                            • Apr 2006

Thanks neralex. That IS the way forward.

I am running into CORS issues with this approach though, DNAS doesn't support CORS as far as I can tell, seems I will have to implement an apache reverse-proxy on the machine to get this to work.

Or maybe I am just confused.

Comment

• stereoscenic
                              • Dec 2013

I'm a little late, but if you haven't gotten this solved yet, I used JSONP to get around the CORS issue

Comment

Working...
                              X