Old 2nd March 2010, 05:48   #1
moloko

UAC problem with Windows 7

I've searched for an answer, but so far haven't found much. With the latest update for Winamp, everytime I start Winamp the UAC notification pops up, and the screen dims. With the previous version of Winamp, this never happened. Is there a way to eliminate the pop up without changing the UAC permissions?

Thanks!
moloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:00   #2
DrO

preferences -> general preferences -> file types -> uncheck 'Restore file associations at Winamp start-up'

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 03:43   #3
moloko

Thanks for the reply, but unchecking the box as suggested doesn't change the UAC popup. The only solution seems to be using the old version of Winamp.

Hopefully someone can suggest a reasonable workaround.
Old 19th March 2010, 07:30   #4
DrO

that option should be the only cause for it unless the settings are being cleared out by some other app or Winamp is somehow being started in a compatability mode. other than that i'm not sure what else would even be called on startup (if done normally). hmm, unless it's been set to run as an admin by default as really reverting to an older version isn't an ideal solution as they don't use the UAC stuff correctly.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 01:57   #5
moloko

Thanks for the reply; I'll look into it.

*edit*
Uninstalled winamp, which had been originally installed in the 'program files (x86)' directory, and installed winamp back into the regular 'program files' directory, and the UAC problem/hassle disappeared.

Thanks again.

Last edited by moloko; 20th March 2010 at 03:59.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support