Old 8th May 2010, 11:57   #1
JuJ

Webradio with 2 speakers

Hi there,

I would like to make a webradio (for one night only) with 2 different speakers, living in 2 different towns, and I would like to know if it's possible and how...

I have a dedicated server where is installed the shoutcast server. I can use Winamp or Virtual DJ (I'll probably use VDJ).

I would like to animate this special night with 2 speakers (one of them will make th DJ too), but there are at 800 kms from one to the other... Is it possible for them to connect to the shoutcast server at te same time for talking in the radio, and have discussions together?

I tested the server, all seems to work properly, but there's a big delay from when the music starts and when the users hear it (between 60-90 sec), so I wonder how it is possible to have 2 different speakers...

Thanks so much for your answers!

Best.
JuJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 14:19   #2
fc*uk

The only way you can get to speakers in two different locations on the same stream is to either use Skype and setup the computer to breoadcast the skype feed (we have been told this does not work very well if at all anymore).

The other option would be to use something like MuSE, which most people don't seem to want to try. http://muse.dyne.org/
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 17:42   #3
JuJ

Thanks for your answer Fcuk, I'll try these 2 ways and tell you the result.
JuJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support