Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 5th November 2005, 01:36   #1
UMU24013

If Winamp loses focus during song seeking, a ghost seek slider appears.

If Winamp loses focus during song seeking, a ghost seek slider appears. I’ve spotted this bug long time ago in a 5.?.? version.

Winamp 5.111. clean install.

System Specs:
MB: ASUS P5LD2-VM,
CPU: Intel Celeron D 336J+ (2.8 GHz)
RAM: 2x256 MB Kingston DDRII PC4300
Video Card: Integrated IGMA950 (Intel 82945G)
DirectX version: 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Steps to reproduce the bug:

1. Place any application's window (notepad for example) above the Winamp's main window so that Winamp is completely covered.
2. Switch to Winamp (playing), click the seek slider and then move it forward or backward with your mouse.
3. Holding your mouse button, switch to the program (notepad in our case) using the Alt-Tab combination.
4. Release the mouse button and move the pointer away.
5. Switch back to Winamp using Alt+Tab.

You should see a second (ghost) seek slider in Winamp. The ghost seek slider won’t fade away until you once seek a song in the usual way. Even if you click the Stop button.

Now just play around with the second slider by moving the mouse pointer over it and starting/stopping playback: you’ll see some funny things.

...while writing this report I found another easy way to reproduce this glitch:

Just move the slider somewhere, and then take the mouse pointer (do not release the mouse button) away from Winamp, so that the pointer is outside the main window. Holding the mouse button, press Ctrl+Esc or maybe the WinKey (my Acer keyboard does not have one).

This situation rarely occurs, except in cases when you are running applications with popup windows that steal focus.
UMU24013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2005, 01:42   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmm, yeah, I can reproduce this, but I guess it's because Winamp still thinks that the seekbar has focus/is in the process of being dragged... which it is kind of, because as you say, it goes back to normal after a single left click on the seek button. Freaky, heh.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2005, 02:03   #3
UMU24013

Yeah, freaky. I've just found another one. In the playlist editor. Add some titles to Winamp, open the playlist editor. Start moving the ruller of its vertical scrollbar, and then switch to that smart notepad [or move away the mouse and press Ctrl+Esc].

Then place the mouse cursor over the depressed roller. Now we can scroll up and down fingers-free
Old 5th November 2005, 02:08   #4
UMU24013

Oh, and it works with volume and equalizer faders as well
Old 24th July 2010, 07:09   #5
Fluteman

This bug is not fixed

This bug is not fixed. It is present in the current version (5.58) as I write this, and I've seen the bug long enough that I believe it has been present in all of the last 4 released.

Pretty much as described, except that I never "initiate" the process by trying to seek. Instead, frequently, I just find that the ghost slider stuck to the mouse y-axis has just appeared on its own. This happens to the seeker slider in Winamp Modern skin on the main window in windowshade mode, and also occasionally the volume slider, and also the seeker slider on the Playlist Editor in windowshade.

I'm on WinXPP-SP3-X86.
Fluteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 15:51   #6
bbr

Perhaps related?
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=272275
bbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports