Old 24th April 2020, 19:17   #1
DJ-Garybaldy
Forum King
 
DJ-Garybaldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Harpurhey, Manchester UK
Posts: 2,990
Is Donald Trump Unhinged

As the title of the topic says is Donald Trump Unhinged?

This latest disinfectant rant was just the most bizarre thing ever.

If you Inject cleaning solution because a President told you too then death will come a lot sooner than Corona Virus.

Mind we're not fairing much better in the UK look who we have in charge. 19,000+ deaths because they wanted to go down the fatal "herd immunity" route.
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2020, 08:10   #2
gerryharris
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 28
He now claims it was a sarcastic reply to a reporter's question.
Listening to his speech it didn't sound sarcastic to me, sounded as if he meant it.
Yes, he is unhinged.
Cheers
Gerry
gerryharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2020, 12:04   #3
SienJoe
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 4
This guy is unsinkable but I will see with interest whether Congress will begin the second round of history with impeachment.
SienJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2020, 08:57   #4
Warrior of the Light
Forum King
 
Warrior of the Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,120
The guy's a senile clown, but we've known this for quite a few years now. I guess a geranium could do a better job.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2020, 04:06   #5
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 5,288
I'd have voted for Trump in 2016, if I could have. I'd vote for him this year, too.

Blaming Trump for a senile old biddy poisoning her husband – because she's senile, probably hard of hearing and obviously not very bright – is disingenuous at best. The left operates in bad faith and can't see past its Trump Derangement Syndrome to deal in facts, rather than feelings.

I look forward to your letters.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2020, 08:30   #6
NJK
FRISIAN (MOD)
 
NJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: a real Frisian hometown
Posts: 15,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by iomegajaz View Post
I'd have voted for Trump in 2016, if I could have. I'd vote for him this year, too.
? puzzeled by this, Did you become an American when you went to the states?

an Australian can't vote in the USA

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2020, 14:16   #7
Vie
Forum King
 
Vie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Posts: 8,002
Yes.

Watching his continuing mental decline is giving me nasty flashbacks to my grandmothers slow decent into madness.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2020, 02:48   #8
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 5,288
At the time of my previous post, I wasn't aware of the latest furore regarding Trump's latest comments, about injecting disinfectant; I don't consume much mainstream media and I'm not on social media. This article suggests that those comments aren't/weren't responsible for an increase in calls to the poison control hotline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJK View Post
? puzzeled by this, Did you become an American when you went to the states?

an Australian can't vote in the USA
No, I'm not a US citizen. I'm saying that if I could have (which implies that I couldn't – because I'm not a citizen, as you say) then I would have.

Sorry, I know English can be confusing.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2020, 07:14   #9
NJK
FRISIAN (MOD)
 
NJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: a real Frisian hometown
Posts: 15,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by iomegajaz View Post

Sorry, I know English can be confusing.

just missed the 'd -

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2020, 16:21   #10
fc*uk
Moderator
 
fc*uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Atlantic Beach
Posts: 8,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior of the Light View Post
The guy's a senile clown, but we've known this for quite a few years now. I guess a geranium could do a better job.
As in Amurican, I take great offense to this!!!

Oh, who the hell am I kidding... I couldn't have said it better myself, WOTL

fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 04:28   #11
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)
 
swingdjted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Northern West Virginia
Posts: 10,059
Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Our state governor has better quotes.





That's an interesting way to say it.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2020, 07:54   #12
renhuang
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 1
Yes, it feels dangerous in America now
renhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2020, 18:24   #13
MourningStar
Junior Member
 
MourningStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 39
sad that TDS appears here ...

MourningStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2020, 06:08   #14
old and quite mad
Major Dude
 
old and quite mad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: The PLANET Pluto
Posts: 785
No need to be sad. Just laugh at the realization that The Donald is living in their heads, rent free, 24/7.

Life is good.

The search for the ultimate signature continues apace. I have journeyed from the peaks of Nepal to the depths of oceanic trenches. I have crossed deserts, jungles, swamps, savannas, steppes and frozen wastelands. I have consulted with seers, swamis, sages, scholars and savants. The peregrination proceeds purposefully.
old and quite mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2020, 06:35   #15
YTrojan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 5
I wouldn't call Trump "Unhinged"

He's just making rather decisions that are strange on first glance, but make sense in the context to the situation.
YTrojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2020, 13:28   #16
White Raven
Little Winged One
 
White Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Canada, now UK
Posts: 4,172
He's a complete and utter buffoon, but what else is new?
His incompetence as a leader and callous, narcissistic and ineffectual way of dealing with this pandemic as if the bloody virus is a personal insult is nothing short of embarrassing, but we knew that.

just as feathery as ever | portfolio | a poignant quote
White Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2020, 10:18   #17
gaekwad2
Foorum King
 
gaekwad2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: bar2000
Posts: 11,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJK View Post
? puzzeled by this, Did you become an American when you went to the states?

an Australian can't vote in the USA
Looks more like his account got hacked by rockouthippie.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2020, 22:54   #18
Bizznatch
Forum King
 
Bizznatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 4,179
Send a message via AIM to Bizznatch
Trump is the single greatest president I've seen in my lifetime. If I could vote for him again in 2024 I would.
Bizznatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2020, 04:52   #19
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 5,288
Maybe he'll let us...

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2020, 10:11   #20
DJ-Garybaldy
Forum King
 
DJ-Garybaldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Harpurhey, Manchester UK
Posts: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizznatch View Post
Trump is the single greatest president I've seen in my lifetime. If I could vote for him again in 2024 I would.
My Sarcasm detector is flashing
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2020, 06:19   #21
Fishermanmax
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 10
Trump is now calling for China to be punished for the spread of the coronavirus. I wonder how he proposes to do this? And in the 1920s, Spain must be punished for spreading the Spanish flu. Nonsense ...
Fishermanmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2020, 08:36   #22
gaekwad2
Foorum King
 
gaekwad2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: bar2000
Posts: 11,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishermanmax View Post
And in the 1920s, Spain Kansas must be punished for spreading the Spanish flu.
fyp
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2020, 22:51   #23
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)
 
swingdjted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Northern West Virginia
Posts: 10,059
Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Well that's interesting. I didn't know that. It seems a lot of sources agree that Kansas was where the first cases were discovered. Learn something new every day.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2020, 00:14   #24
Bizznatch
Forum King
 
Bizznatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 4,179
Send a message via AIM to Bizznatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Garybaldy View Post
My Sarcasm detector is flashing
I think you need a new sarcasm detector then. Then again I really couldn't give a rat's ass about the opinions of our President from someone who doesn't even live in the US.
Bizznatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2020, 13:00   #25
DJ-Garybaldy
Forum King
 
DJ-Garybaldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Harpurhey, Manchester UK
Posts: 2,990
WOW! So I'm not allowed an opinion on American Politics because I don't live there...

Top trolling! I hadn't seen this post.

P.S: Donald Trump is a Childish Dangerous Mentally unwell person. I really hope he doesn't win this election
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2020, 22:39   #26
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 5,288
Bizz didn't suggest you're not allowed to have an opinion. Stating disinterest in an outsider's opinion isn't trolling. Is Bizz not allowed an opinion?

P.S. Joe Biden is experiencing serious, rapid cognitive decline. I really hope he gets the help he needs.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2020, 08:19   #27
gaekwad2
Foorum King
 
gaekwad2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: bar2000
Posts: 11,457
Bizz lives in California so his vote doesn't count anyway. Hooray for US-style "democracy".
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2020, 13:18   #28
gaekwad2
Foorum King
 
gaekwad2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: bar2000
Posts: 11,457
Also I promise I'll never comment on a US election again if you keep your pollution to yourselves and stop overthrowing elected governments elsewhere. Deal?
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2020, 22:23   #29
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 5,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post
Bizz lives in California so his vote doesn't count anyway. Hooray for US-style "democracy".
It's a federal system designed to fairly balance, weight and compromise the interests of individuals and the interests of states. California's electoral college votes (55) count more than any other state; the next closest being Texas with 38. California has as much say as eleven flyover states.

If the choice is between big-city states' individual voters each having less of a say (via the electoral college), versus flyover states having no say (via popular vote), I'm happier with the former.

If Biden had lost the popular vote but won the race to 270, leftists would have zero problem with the electoral college. Governmental systems are wielded as political tools to benefit the left, and should be conserved only so long as they benefit the left; if they result in unfavourable results for the left, the systems should be scrapped. Ref SCOTUS; electoral college; voter ID. Et cetera.

But that's just my opinion. worth about as much as the piece of paper that I didn't write it on.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2020, 08:16   #30
gaekwad2
Foorum King
 
gaekwad2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: bar2000
Posts: 11,457
Keep projecting. In the real world (instead of maga-gaga-land) it was the Donald who said "scrap the electoral college" until the very moment it benefitted him. But DARVO has always been one of the right's favorite pastimes.

It's just disappointing how transparent you are in that your accusations aren't just utterly baseless, they're also exactly the things you regularly engage in. Or is it just that you're so corrupt you can't even imagine anybody acting differently anymore?

(That is, if you're serious. Otherwise congratulations, you've trolled somebody with nothing better to do than respond to nonsense in a dead forum.)
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2020, 03:21   #31
mikm
Major Dude
 
mikm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: somewhere else
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by iomegajaz View Post
California's electoral college votes (55) count more than any other state; the next closest being Texas with 38. California has as much say as eleven flyover states.
So? California has a ton of people. California has a population of roughly 39 million and 55 electoral votes. The fifteen least-populous states (plus DC) have a combined 54 electoral votes, but only 17 million people. A nationwide popular vote (using ranked-choice voting or similar) makes far more sense. The states' interests can be represented in the Senate and in state legislatures/governors.

powered by C₈H₁₀N₄O₂
mikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2020, 16:30   #32
DJ-Garybaldy
Forum King
 
DJ-Garybaldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Harpurhey, Manchester UK
Posts: 2,990
CNN and NBC just called it ... President Biden I do believe... F**K You Trump you evil orange bumfaced baboon
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2020, 17:16   #33
NJK
FRISIAN (MOD)
 
NJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: a real Frisian hometown
Posts: 15,638
The only thing left for Bankrupt Donald is to seek a mirror and do as he did before in The Apprentice, tell the man in the mirror "you are fired"
meanwhile Grandpa Joe is having his rocking chair shipped to the White House.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2020, 17:38   #34
gerryharris
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 28
It looks like the USA has dumped the Trump
But it seems that he, and his army of overpaid lawyers, will try to insist he has been re-elected as President
To me, he just seems to be like a spoiled child always wanting his own way.
Cheers
Gerry
gerryharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2020, 19:44   #35
gaekwad2
Foorum King
 
gaekwad2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: bar2000
Posts: 11,457
Click image for larger version

Name:	yes.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	54670
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2020, 01:18   #36
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 5,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikm View Post
So? California has a ton of people. California has a population of roughly 39 million and 55 electoral votes. The fifteen least-populous states (plus DC) have a combined 54 electoral votes, but only 17 million people. A nationwide popular vote (using ranked-choice voting or similar) makes far more sense. The states' interests can be represented in the Senate and in state legislatures/governors.
Why does a nationwide popular vote make far more sense?

Here's my take on it:
  • Simple popular vote option favours residents in California. etc.
  • Simple one-vote-per-state option favours residents in Wyoming, etc.
  • Electoral college balances the two.

The USA is a collection of states, not a single massive block; however, some states are in fact more equal than others, so weighting is necessary, hence the electoral college system wherein one single state (CA) is given 10.22% of the say, while another single state (WY) is given 0.56%. In a popular vote scenario, WY would be worth only 0.17%, whereas in a scenario where each state has the same amount of input (which would also be "fair"), WY's share would be 2% and CA's share would also be 2%.

Reallocating, reapportioning and redistricting is always contentious, always seen to favour one side or the other. Stating that the intention of the EC is good and the goal of fairly balancing all interests at all levels is good... should not be a partisan statement.

I wish the silly rhetoric evident in the posts above this one were replaced by calm, rational, logical argument. I'm not surprised that it's not, I'm just disappointed.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2020, 02:42   #37
mikm
Major Dude
 
mikm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: somewhere else
Posts: 1,282
The electoral college system is broken in the sense that candidates just need to focus on specific groups in a few swing states. As it stands, a few thousand votes in a few states can make or break a candidate. In the 2016 election, Clinton lost Michigan by 10,704 votes (0.23%), Pennsylvania by 44,292 (0.72%), and Wisconsin by 22,748 (0.77%). Even though she won the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes and because the margin of victory in those states makes no difference, it all came down to those 77,000 votes.

The President leads the nation as a whole and a nationwide popular vote could force candidates to have broader appeal—they couldn't just focus on swing states, so the votes of independents in reliably red or blue states would matter much more. If it were a ranked-choice system (or something similar), it would be even better because it could help break the two-party stranglehold we currently have.

powered by C₈H₁₀N₄O₂
mikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2020, 11:30   #38
gaekwad2
Foorum King
 
gaekwad2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: bar2000
Posts: 11,457
As well as that, if you want a rational discussion you shouldn't just refrain from baseless accusations but also from making up criteria for "fair votes" that rely on explicitly not giving each person's vote the same weight, especially not based on the nonsensical arguiment of BuT ThEn LaRgEr PoPuLaTiOnS CoUnT MoRe, that's just how democracy works.

However, if you want to go there, wouldn't it make much more sense to give each ethnic group the same share of the vote? After all you can easily move to a swing state (if you can't because work that's, to quote your hero Ben Shapiro, a you problem) but you can't choose your ethnicity. Plus it could easily be argued that giving, say, native americans or aborigines (in case of straya) the same weight as white people would make things a lot fairer over all.

Though I guess you'd prefer the old feudal arrangement with one third each going to aristocracy, clergy and the unwashed masses.

Oops, seems I failed to take you seriously again. Could it have anything to do with the fact that nothing you posted in this thread so far deserves to be taken seriously? (Except in the sense that one can't simply disregard a lunatic with a chainsaw, but not in the sense that one would see any merit in attempting a rational discussion with such a person.)

Last edited by gaekwad2; 8th November 2020 at 13:17.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2020, 04:58   #39
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 5,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikm View Post
The electoral college system is broken in the sense that candidates just need to focus on specific groups in a few swing states. As it stands, a few thousand votes in a few states can make or break a candidate. In the 2016 election, Clinton lost Michigan by 10,704 votes (0.23%), Pennsylvania by 44,292 (0.72%), and Wisconsin by 22,748 (0.77%). Even though she won the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes and because the margin of victory in those states makes no difference, it all came down to those 77,000 votes.

The President leads the nation as a whole and a nationwide popular vote could force candidates to have broader appeal—they couldn't just focus on swing states, so the votes of independents in reliably red or blue states would matter much more. If it were a ranked-choice system (or something similar), it would be even better because it could help break the two-party stranglehold we currently have.
The EC is only 'broken' if places like CA can be disregarded, and they can only be disregarded if it's safe to assume they will go the same way, every. single. time.

A straight popular vote would not necessitate broader appeal, it'd necessitate different appeal. Folks in Wyoming etc. may as well stay home in a popular vote, for all their state's votes would be worth.

I agree that focusing on swing states is undemocratic. I just don't think that a popular vote is the solution.

I think preferential voting would be a great addition to the EC model, so that Jo Jorgensen's votes (for example) wouldn't be wasted and would instead go to her voters' next-preferred candidate.

I'd also like to see each state's EC votes going to individual candidates, not just to the "winner" for each state. E.g. CA's could go 42 to blue, 11 to red and 2 to other, instead of all 55 to blue.

I'm using CA as an easy example. The same logic applies to all states.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2020, 05:00   #40
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 5,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post
As well as that, if you want a rational discussion you shouldn't just refrain from baseless accusations but also from making up criteria for "fair votes" that rely on explicitly not giving each person's vote the same weight, especially not based on the nonsensical arguiment of BuT ThEn LaRgEr PoPuLaTiOnS CoUnT MoRe, that's just how democracy works.

However, if you want to go there, wouldn't it make much more sense to give each ethnic group the same share of the vote? After all you can easily move to a swing state (if you can't because work that's, to quote your hero Ben Shapiro, a you problem) but you can't choose your ethnicity. Plus it could easily be argued that giving, say, native americans or aborigines (in case of straya) the same weight as white people would make things a lot fairer over all.

Though I guess you'd prefer the old feudal arrangement with one third each going to aristocracy, clergy and the unwashed masses.

Oops, seems I failed to take you seriously again. Could it have anything to do with the fact that nothing you posted in this thread so far deserves to be taken seriously? (Except in the sense that one can't simply disregard a lunatic with a chainsaw, but not in the sense that one would see any merit in attempting a rational discussion with such a person.)
If you want to post something coherent, I'd be happy to debate your genuine arguments.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump