Old 3rd January 2011, 14:31   #1
Obsdark

Serius Issue

My winamp doenst change at all when i change the options, i dont know what happend

It's change before but now there is no reaction

The think i'm trying to do is make than the files selected by double click on windows explorer be added to te queue list, not reproduced instantly and the rest of the list be eliminated, i want them be added to the last part of the list.

I put some options on my winamp for that, but they doenst seems to work, im testing it right now

¿Can somebody Help me plz?

¡And happy Holidays to all!

Obsdark
Obsdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 18:12   #2
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Which OS are you on? I am guessing Vista\Win7?

As you are trying to change a Winamp setting that needs to edit system settings in the registry, there is a trick to make that setting work.

* Find your Winamp Shortcut on your menu.
* RIGHT CLICK the shortcut and select Run as Administrator
* Accept the UAC prompt when it appears
* Now go into Winamp Preferences \ File Types and you will find the option to "Enqueue files on double click in Windows Explorer" which you will want to tick.
* If you want to do extra tweaking of those actions, look at Preferences \ File Types \ Shell Options

Once you have set your choices, QUIT WINAMP.

Now you can restart Winamp as normal, without the "Run As Administrator" option, and everything should work as you need now.
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 21:53   #3
Obsdark

im in Windows XP, Windows Kamaleon for be more specific, but i remember than i can do that before format my pc.

Another thing, thanks for your response but... ur suggestion..., doesnt work, any other idea

:S
Old 13th January 2011, 22:06   #4
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Okay. My instructions were very Vista\Win7 specific as this is an issue that occurs on those OSs due to the different security.

On your XP PC, there should be no problem.

If you skip the first three steps of my instructions and go direct to the preferences - can you see the options I am describing?

And what on earth is "Windows XP, XP Kamaleon"? I do IT support and have never heard of that. It is a custom shell for XP? Where does it come from? And what is it changing for you? (I am trying to understand if it could lead to breaking this Winamp feature)
Old 13th January 2011, 22:19   #5
Obsdark

The engines are XP, but the visual things are Vista,

And yes, i can see that options, but i can't do nothing, its like the winamp doesnt want obey.
but yeah, i can see the options skipping the first three steps

and yes... is like a Windows XP mod
Old 13th January 2011, 22:29   #6
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Can you run your modded XP in "Normal" XP mode without the mod loaded? For example, what happens in safe mode?

I am wondering if it is interfering in some way with these registry edits. This is fairly straight forward code and should change the defaults for your OS.

Worth trying - toggle the setting. Turn it off and back on again.

* Go into Winamp Preferences \ File Types and you will find the option to "Enqueue files on double click in Windows Explorer". UNTICK it to turn it off.
* Restart Winamp
* Now go back into Winamp Preferences \ File Types and you will find the option to "Enqueue files on double click in Windows Explorer". TICK it to turn it on.

What now appears on a RIGHT CLICK menu when looking at an MP3 file in Windows Explorer? Are there any entries visible for winamp? Can you see the "Enqueue in Winamp" option?

Another thought - do you have an overly paranoid anti-virus there stopping registry edits? Norton? Spybot Search & Destroy's TeaTimer? Or something overly paranoid?
Old 13th January 2011, 22:39   #7
Obsdark

Languaje issue, Done

Suggestion, Done

Safe mode?, mmmm i'm not sure about it, U think than can work?

But none of bouth work :S
Old 14th January 2011, 08:59   #8
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

[QUOTE=Obsdark;2735931]Safe mode?, mmmm i'm not sure about it, U think than can work?
/QUOTE]It would be easier if you can just run XP without the addon. If you have a way of temporarily turning it off while we are testing, that would be good. Turn it back on again when we have finished. I suggested Safe Mode in case you didn't know how to disable that new shell.

YOu didn't answer the question about possible security programs?
Old 14th January 2011, 16:43   #9
Obsdark

Well, there are 3 issues in this right now

Safe mode: this mode cancel the sound controlers, but avoid winamp to work, however it doesnt work at all for acomplish our goal.

Security program: None, nothing who can interfere between the Winamp and the PC

The Shell, the Mod, never interfere with winamp before, in fact, this Windows have Winamp like default music program, just for u know.
Old 14th January 2011, 16:49   #10
Obsdark

Well, there are 3 issues in this right now

Safe mode: this mode cancel the sound controlers, but avoid winamp to work, however it doesnt work at all for acomplish our goal.

Security program: None, nothing who can interfere between the Winamp and the PC

The Shell, the Mod, never interfere with winamp before, in fact, this Windows have Winamp like default music program, just for u know.

Any Ideas?
Old 13th January 2011, 22:38   #11
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

There is also another possibility that this could be some kind of translation issue. What language version of Windows are you running? And what language did you pick in Winamp?

True - this is a random guess, but I am trying to work out what else is different with your OS.
Old 14th January 2011, 21:10   #12
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

What language is your OS? I am assuming you are not English. Spanish?

Just to get it right in my head. You went into safe mode, but Winamp would not start?

Have you tried turning the setting off, quiting winamp, then turning the setting back on?
Old 16th January 2011, 03:08   #13
Obsdark

Yeap, i speak spanish, thats my home languaje

In safe mode, winamp start but the Sound Card doesnt work, because the Controlers aren't avaible in this mode.
btw, this means winamp in safe mode can be opened, but once opened, you cant play songs, even when winamp try to do that, the soundcard send you a error message, but it seems like this situation doesnt affect winamp program itself in any other way, at least not in the way we need to test the change of options thing on safe mode.

Any Ideas or Clues?

PS: How i can delete completly Winamp and all them extentions?, maybie if i do that (being sure than i delete all the addons too) maybie, this problem can be solve

What you think about it?

Atte

-Obsdark-
Old 16th January 2011, 10:14   #14
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Ah - the Spanish bit is why my suggestions are not explained well enough. Sorry. I will try to be clearer.

Safe Mode Suggestion: Just go into safe mode to see if you can change this setting. NOT to try and use winamp to play music.

Start Safe Mode
Start Winamp
Preferences \ General Preferences \ File Types
Make sure there is a TICK in "Enqueue files on double click in Windows Explorer".

Once the setting is set, then restart Windows as normal and see if it makes any difference.
Old 16th January 2011, 12:01   #15
Obsdark

thats the thing i already tried... and doesnt work... :S
Old 16th January 2011, 12:12   #16
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Okay. That was not clear from your answers. I thought you had just tried using Winamp in Safe Mode.

Next...
1\ do you see the "Enqueue in Winamp" option on your Right Click menu in Windows Explorer? Do you see any Winamp entries at all?
2\ When you Right Click an MP3 file in Windows Explorer, what is highlighted in BLACK at the top of the menu?
Old 16th January 2011, 21:27   #17
Obsdark

No problem.

1) The "Enqueue in winamp" option is not there, the most close to that is one option call
"Enqueue and play in winamp"
2) The option highlight in black is "Play in Winamp"
Old 16th January 2011, 21:39   #18
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Good. So we have some Winamp stuff on our menus. Good first step.

Can you confirm that if you select "Enqueue and play in winamp" that this option does what you require. This option will load your track into the playlist and start it playing, leaving the rest of the playlist intact.

Once you confirm the above, I have suggestions...
Old 16th January 2011, 23:22   #19
Obsdark

it is set-up, And yes, that option works
Old 17th January 2011, 09:13   #20
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

When you look into Preferences \ General Preferences \ File Types
You tell me there is a TICK in "Enqueue files on double click in Windows Explorer".

What state is ""Show Winamp in the folder context menus in Windows Explorer"?

And what happens when you look at "Shell Options" - what is ticked in here?
Old 17th January 2011, 14:19   #21
Obsdark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batter Pudding View Post
When you look into Preferences \ General Preferences \ File Types
You tell me there is a TICK in "Enqueue files on double click in Windows Explorer".

What state is ""Show Winamp in the folder context menus in Windows Explorer"?

And what happens when you look at "Shell Options" - what is ticked in here?
1) have a tick

2) isn't have any TIck, but now i tick it and the tick was removed after close the window.

3) Just "Enqueue & Play" have a tick, and in the list of "Windows Explorer menu control" the only thing choosed is "Enqueue & Play in winamp"

Any Ideas?
Old 17th January 2011, 09:27   #22
kellybecker

Having the same problem. Anyone found a solution?
kellybecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 09:31   #23
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

@kellybecker: It should be as simple as ticking the option I mention in the post just above yours. What state is that tickbox for you? (That is assuming you are real and not just here spamming. I noticed the spammy content of your other posts...)
Old 17th January 2011, 17:00   #24
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

1) That is good.
2) This is odd. I don't understand why the tick disappears.
3) At the top of that list, tick "Add Enqueue & Play to Winamp's associated file types". And tick "Set Enqueue & Play as the default file action".

In the list at the bottom, highlight every entry with the word Enqueue in it.
Old 17th January 2011, 17:16   #25
Obsdark

Done, but still doesnt work...

:S
Old 17th January 2011, 17:36   #26
DrO

Quote:
2) This is odd. I don't understand why the tick disappears.
if only Enqueue and Play is checked then on the file types page it'll show the enqueue as default as unchecked (Winamp checks for one string in the registry and if that's not there then it thinks play is default irrespective of what the JTFE plug-in is doing to things).

it's something on my never ending todo list to do something about to give it some sort of 'fake' state when the options on the 'Shell Options' page leads to that scenario.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 17:45   #27
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

On my XP PC, I have just looked at EXACTLY what is ticked.

Preferences \ General Preferences \ File Types
TICKED - Enqueue files on double click in Windows Explorer
UNTICKED - Show Winamp in the folder context menus in Windows Explorer

Preferences \ General Preferences \ File Types \ Shell Options
TICKED - Add Enqueue & Play to Winamp's associated file types
TICKED - Set Enqueue & Play as the default file action
HIGHLIGHTED - Play in Winamp
HIGHLIGHTED - Enqueue and Play in Winamp

When I double click on an MP3, it is added to the playlist, and immediately starts playing that track.

-+-+-

If I don't tick "Set Enqueue & Play as the default file action" this leaves the default to another application on the PC.

-+-+-

Are you 100% SURE no other media player program is nicking these associations back?
Old 17th January 2011, 19:16   #28
Obsdark

Untile i know, winamp is by default the program who opens all the mp3's when i double-click them.

Always was that way, in the test doit before and in this ones right now.
Old 17th January 2011, 19:28   #29
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Can you try making your settings IDENTICAL to the list I just made above please.
Old 17th January 2011, 19:30   #30
Obsdark

thats the way i have the settings already.

Sorry, but doesn't work... :S
Old 17th January 2011, 19:41   #31
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Sorry. In that case - I can't help. I cannot see anything else that it can be.

If your settings are identical to mine, then I cannot explain why you are getting a different result.

The only thing I can see as different between us is the Kamaleon Shell. Which you are certain is not at fault as you used to have it working.

Unless DrO has any suggestions?
Old 17th January 2011, 20:04   #32
Obsdark

how i can remove all the winamps addons?
Old 17th January 2011, 20:21   #33
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

I doubt it will be an add-on of Winamp that is causing this. Unless you have some very odd addons.

Start by listing the addons you have (see the sticky on the forum to explain how to do it)

I cannot help you uninstall addons. You will have to hope someone else drops by to take up where I've had to give up. (Generally it is by moving dll files out of the plugin folder - but I cannot tell you which ones.)
Old 17th January 2011, 21:05   #34
DrO

all i can say is the feature has never been tested with alternative shells and there is no guarantee it will work. personally i'd ensure that it works without the alternative shell being used (though if it isn't working then there's not too much i can do as i only support things in the standard shell).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 21:18   #35
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

@daz: this is what I have been thinking all along. Hence trying to get him into safe mode first to change options.

@Obsdark: Try over on the Kamaleon forums. See if there is a way of disabling the shell long enough to get this setting to "stick". If there is no way of disabling the Kamaleon shell, then check on that forum for other settings that may be getting in the way.

You mentioned "Kamaleon is like Vista for XP". I assume this is bringing in improved graphics in the GUI. Has it also improved the security model? If it is following Vista/Win7 ideas, does it also follow the idea of "Run As Administrator"? Is there a way of "elevating privileges" when trying to set these setting? Just like a Vista or Win7 user has to do?
Old 18th January 2011, 14:19   #36
dagaul101

It is a strange problem, it could possibly be that another program is the default for some of Winamp files
dagaul101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 15:24   #37
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagaul101 View Post
It is a strange problem, it could possibly be that another program is the default for some of Winamp files
Strange is the word. If you notice, the OP starts by saying everything does open in Winamp on a double click. So it is not another program nicking the associations.

Instead, something is stopping him from saving his new settings to the registry. So he can't change the Winamp default action for the double click.

I did try and ask about security programs, but that question wasn't exactly answered. I don't know if the "none" meant no anti-virus, or lack of understanding. I have seen programs like Norton and\or Spybot's TeaTimer blocking registry changes like this.
Old 18th January 2011, 16:19   #38
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i only skimmed this, but is it possible his windows profile isn't as admin? if he had less privs, could that affect saving prefs? seems unlikely, but the way it always reverts, it sounds like a computer on a university system, if you follow me...

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 19:29   #39
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

@MrSinatra: that was the kind of track I was following. It started by sounding just like a "Run as Adminstrator" issue of Win7. The whole of this is confused with that strange Kamaleon thing as I cannot find anything about that Shell at all. So I am suspect that it may have changed the security model.

The STRANGEST part of this is he has all his settings EXACTLY like my XP PC. So Winamp thinks it is setup correctly to Enqueue as default. And yet the default in his OS is "Play in Winamp".

If he was on a Limited Access account, I would have expected the settings to show that Play in Winamp is default.

All a little weird... I blame Pixies.

@Obsdark: When you login to XP, are you an "administrator" or a "limited user"? If you are not an administrator, login with your administrator account and try changing the preferences.
Old 19th January 2011, 21:20   #40
Akdor 1154

is it possible he's done a manual "assoc mp3 with winamp" etc with Windows Explorer? or maybe some other program has done weird things like renaming the winamp shell strings to backups, then associated the extensions with the backup keys... I've seen LOTS of stupid things with the file association model in Windows.

EDIT: @Obsdark, can you open regedit, then export your HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT key to a .reg file? zip it and upload it here.

It seems strange to me, man, strange to me, don't it seem strange to you?
That a country founded on immigration is so damn racist too;
- John Butler Trio - Home Is Where the Heart Is
Akdor 1154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
config, not responding, problem, queue, serius issue