Old 5th August 2014, 15:25   #1
joeb280

YP shows NO_METADATA

Hello,

I am a developer for a person that runs a shoutcast server. For a couple of years we have been getting the song meta data from:

http://yp.shoutcast.com/Metadata_Info1.php?surl=his station IP

But recently it quit working and this web page only shows NO_METADATA

I asked if he had changed anything recently, he told me nothing has changed.

I did a forum search and found no results.

Can anyone give me some help on this?

Thanks

Joe
joeb280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 15:38   #2
DrO

you shouldn't have been using that method in the first place (it was never officially documented and so was never guaranteed to exist) as it was only meant for the old AOL provided site / embedded player. and since that player has been deprecated, that method has been hard-coded to provide the response you're now seeing (so anyone still using the old embedded player will not have it crash but still allows it to work of sorts).

if all you're wanting to do is get what is currently playing, you'd be better pulling it from the DNAS's API methods (assuming this is only for the server that is owned and is a no-no to pull information from other people's DNAS without their permission).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 17:11   #3
joeb280

Thank you for the quick response. I will get with Mike (server owner) and we will update to the method you suggest.

Joe
Old 5th August 2014, 17:20   #4
DrO

not knowing what DNAS version you're using, if it's a v2.x DNAS then you can just do <server_address_and_part>/currentsong?sid=<streamid> to get the same information that the undocumented method would provide.

otherwise you'd have to mess around with parsing 7.html on legacy v1.x DNAS or looking at using the admin.cgi methods (which is somewhat overkill for a simple response like the current DNAS can provide via the /currentsong method.
Old 5th August 2014, 18:27   #5
joeb280

Ya Im using the 7.html method.

My httpget is not working tho, no response header apparently. Still looking into it.

Joe
Old 7th August 2014, 03:29   #6
neralex
Major Dude

joeb280, why don't you parse the xml-stats of the DNAS instead to use the 7.html? With PHP and simplexml you will get very easy all what you want and more.

<server_address_port>/?stats=<streamid>
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 09:31   #7
DrO

because it doesn't appear they're using a DNAS version which has that method as otherwise my main suugestion would have been the ideal for what is wanted.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
metadata