Old 28th January 2012, 04:01   #1
Nightfox

Send a message via ICQ to Nightfox Send a message via AIM to Nightfox Send a message via Yahoo to Nightfox
Un-installer not deleting Start Menu shortcuts

Recently I've been working on an installer using NSIS 2.46. One of the things it does is to set up some shortcuts in a new folder in the user's Start Menu. The installer works fine, but for some reason, the un-installer is not deleting the Start Menu shortcuts, even though I've written the uninstall portion of the script to do so. I'm stumped, because I've written NSIS installers in the past that have worked fine, and I'm modeling my new script after ones I've done before. I've tested it in Windows 7 Windows XP and see the same behavior (Start Menu shortcuts not being deleted upon un-install). What might cause this, and how might I fix it?
Nightfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 05:01   #2
Anders

If the problem only happens on Win7, add RequestExecutionLevel ( http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Shortcut..._Windows_Vista ), otherwise it is probably a missing call to SetShellVarContext, either way, just MessageBox the path before you delete to verify that it is correct...

IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion

Tags
delete, shortcut, uninstall