Old 1st March 2006, 16:17   #201
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Ok, yeah plugins,like this:

http://winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=79319

need less space in the tray, you're right.
Old 1st March 2006, 16:53   #202
DrO

i see what is meant about gen_4tray being buggy since the controls just don't work from what i can see but i like the idea though so we shall see...

-daz
Old 1st March 2006, 17:02   #203
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

the controls work, but they are messed up a bit..
it's like they are not aligned properly or something..
like, sometimes when I press prev, it actually thinks I've pressed play/pause.. for example.. same with next and stop/eject..
Old 1st March 2006, 22:01   #204
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
I think that there is a problem with the DirectSound plugin and fades.

When manually seeking IT works but if Winamp seeks automatically, there is no fade. Only a short stutter and then the next song. ITs reallly irritating. I've tried everything short of a clean install.

---Edit---

Clean install did the trick. Must have copied an old version of the plugin into the folder.

Last edited by Omega X; 1st March 2006 at 22:32.
Old 2nd March 2006, 11:39   #205
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
So isn't it time for some 5.21 details?

Old 2nd March 2006, 12:58   #206
Squadman

Send a message via AIM to Squadman
Bit early isn't it?

5.2 just came out.
Old 2nd March 2006, 14:24   #207
YtseJam
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to YtseJam Send a message via AIM to YtseJam
It's never too early.
Development never really stops...

Old 2nd March 2006, 14:37   #208
Foppah

I like winamp, but there is one thing that's bother me. How can I easy make it portable or easy to backup my settings?
Old 2nd March 2006, 14:43   #209
dman777

I love the new Winamp! Thanks!
Old 2nd March 2006, 18:32   #210
MasterViVi

Lotsa "undefined" and "stack overflow at line 0" errors by playing/stopping/pausing/browsing SingingFish stuff.

Winamp crashes completely with the most of Winamp Music videos (always with Coldplay ones).

5.2 is by far the most unstable Winamp version so far. Oh well, makes me look forward even more to the next.
Attached Images
File Type: png undefined.png (79.5 KB, 571 views)
Old 3rd March 2006, 18:24   #211
Tag
Streaming Media Expert

Send a message via AIM to Tag
There's a problem in the Winamp Music script that is causing this, the fix will be out in the hour

Powered by Redbull and Progressive House
Old 4th March 2006, 03:06   #212
ujay
Forum King

I'm getting a loading problem from the Quick Genre dropdown.

Load a page from the QG then load a page from the Genre A-Z, if you now go back to the QG it won't load the previous selection again until something else has been loaded, presumably thinks it's still got that page up already.

UJ
Old 4th March 2006, 13:48   #213
Snapcrack

Where is Shoutcast TV and AOL XM

I went to my media library after updating winamp to 5.2 and Shoutcast TV and Shoutcast Radio and AOL XM are gone. I installed the full free version. I noticed these items are included in the upgrade, where do I go to access them now?
Thanks!
Old 4th March 2006, 14:46   #214
siebe83
Forum King

The AOL, SHOUTcast and Winamp media views are now listed under Online Services in the Media Library. Maybe you unchecked Online Services in the installer?

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
Old 4th March 2006, 15:24   #215
das_jo

Quote:
Originally posted by Foppah
I like winamp, but there is one thing that's bother me. How can I easy make it portable or easy to backup my settings?
how about some google search?
leads you easily to http://www.furrygoat.com/2005/10/portable_winamp.html then http://www.no-install.com/modules.ph...rticle&sid=155 and finally you enter the portable winamp world at http://z0rz.com/blog/archives/5

greetz
Old 4th March 2006, 17:45   #216
danboarder

Send a message via AIM to danboarder
Thanks for working on the web-based Shoutcast

First, I'm glad to see the Winamp devs responding to user complaints/opinions and working on the web-based Shoutcast.

I, for one, was very annoyed with the the first release of the web-based Shoutcast interface, but the latest changes are really great, all back in the direction of usability. Thanks!

It's 110% better than it was a week ago. Not only has the Winamp team restored much of the old look and feel (one-line listings, easy to read again, etc!), but also improved over the old days, with more stations listed, etc.

I look forward to seeing this improve even more as people give input -- and since it's web-based, changes can happen anytime, without requiring a new release of Winamp.

THANKS AGAIN WINAMP TEAM. Peace.
Old 5th March 2006, 00:52   #217
dobby

Shame it uses nasty IE specific scripts that fallover if you have removed IE.

All is not lost though as it's possible to use the old Shoutcast browser by simply overwriting the gen_ml.dll file in the plugin folder from version 5.13.
Old 5th March 2006, 00:52   #218
byblo

Are we going to the same winamp 3's sad story ?
Old 5th March 2006, 01:56   #219
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Did Winamp3 even have a Shoutcast browser?

Besides, the new and forever improving Online Services plugin and serverside interface is just one little aspect of 5.2.

There were many other new features, improvements and bugfixes (did you even read the changelog?). Note how most people have nothing but praise for said awesome new features (native gapless playback, native gapless encoding, tagz support for advanced title formatting, native enqueue & play, initial unicode & id3v2.4 implementation, support for portable media players, hi-bitrate aac/aac+ encoding, native support for 32-bit floating point wav, native multi-user profile support, stereo beatvis, heaps of bugfixes which have plagued thousands of users for so long, etc etc).

There's also plenty of people who prefer the new shoutcast browser to the old one, me being one of them (and remember, I'm just a user like you and everyone else). Actually learning how to use it is always a good start. I'm happy that I can now find ALL the best stations that weren't there when it was limited to 1000 'sheep' streams, without needing to visit shoutcast.com all the time, and keep having to bookmark streams, and then fix the bookmarks every time the stream url/port changed. And I also know that it's going to get even better.

And it doesn't use any nasty scripts, and ajax (asynchronised javascript and xml) works in any decent browser, ie. it's not IE-specific. It's not our faults if you remove/disable an integral part of Windows, or if you don't know how to use IE safely. And hey, I'm a Firefox user too, but I'm certainly not afraid or paranoid about using IE, especially when I know that the content is 100% safe and trusted (I actually just added *.winamp.com to the Trusted Zone, and upped the security to medium, and online services works fine. And my Internet Zone is set to somewhere custom between medium and high). Not that I was getting any script errors anyway, heh.

Yup, it's all good :-)

Hmm... I think I might go on a trollbanfest soon anyway.
Old 5th March 2006, 09:31   #220
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by dobby
Shame it uses nasty IE specific scripts that fallover if you have removed IE.
Maybe, but it expects IE to be there. Last I checked, Mozilla didnt distribute Firefox with the ability to overload the Web Control automatically.

If you remove IE its your own fault.

-CraigF (an avid firefox user, posting from firefox.)

Old 5th March 2006, 13:08   #221
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Did Winamp3 even have a Shoutcast browser?
Yes, I belive it did, I recall a 'SHOUTcast icon' in the thinger window that produced the old style station listing.

But I'm with you , new services are moh bettah, I've found some really out there stations that I probably wouldn't have seen in the old style 1000 only listing, and I'm sure those small broadcasters are loving the new style browser, giving them more exposure than they previously had.
Old 5th March 2006, 13:18   #222
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Oh, right, I honestly don't remember (maybe I've just subconsciously blocked that whole period out of my memory/life?)

Yeah, more than likely, half of the people who are moaning are probably from those larger stations, and are pissed because they're losing listeners to the smaller stations ;-)
Old 5th March 2006, 23:55   #223
byblo

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Yeah, more than likely, half of the people who are moaning are probably from those larger stations, and are pissed because they're losing listeners to the smaller stations ;-)
They must be a lot so ;-)
Old 6th March 2006, 10:49   #224
DerbyJunglist

Just upgraded to 5.2 and Winamp now freezes and causes an error (Windows asks me to send error report)

Skin:
shark5-final2

Plugins:
Shoutcast source DSP 1.9.0
Streamripper

<update>

I tried reinstalling Winamp and it worked fine until I installed the Shark5 skin again. Seems to be a problem with Winamp 5.2 not liking that skin. Back to 5.1 I'm afraid

Last edited by DerbyJunglist; 6th March 2006 at 11:05.
Old 6th March 2006, 13:08   #225
Trent187

Quote:
Originally posted by Tag
There's a problem in the Winamp Music script that is causing this, the fix will be out in the hour
Was this fix ever released?
Old 6th March 2006, 15:05   #226
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

yes, fixes applied to online services are all published to the server. There is no need to update the client (winamp).

One of the bonuses of the new online services architecture.

Old 7th March 2006, 00:17   #227
WILLmolls

SHOUTcast browser!

I'm sorry to be the millionth person to complain, but the new SHOUTcast browser is just awful. I don't need help finding a station I like, thank you. The older one was much more efficent.

I understand it's meant to help out the smaller stations, but all it's really accomplishing is making me spend more time and effort trying to get to a station I want. Cramming these smaller stations down my throat only annoys the hell out of me.

Browsing the old list was so much simpler - and for the record, I did not whore myself out to the top 10. I could quickly type in what I was looking for, find it, and not have to wait for a page to load.

Please, bring the old one back.
Old 7th March 2006, 00:49   #228
abhijeet

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigF
yes, fixes applied to online services are all published to the server.
Shoutcast radio is working fine for me. also there is no problem with the search. though my search limited a limited results its fine as earlier also i used to get the same result.

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigF
There is no need to update the client (winamp).One of the bonuses of the new online services architecture.
Keep it up
Old 7th March 2006, 19:16   #229
pjn123
Major Dude

Just downloaded the latest version 5.2 and the video bug that was introduced in the betas is still there...:

If you have the video fullscreen you CANT use the keyboard shortcuts...very annoying if you want to skip the ads in a recorded show.

Other nice to have...
Make the modern skin playlist more modern by using a slider bar like in ml bookmarks section. It's very hard to use the current playlist. Even if you leave the classic one and make the modern <PlaylistEditor more usable(with all command like in Wa3...sort by track #,..). And the <Wasabi:TabSheet id="pls.sidecar" windowtype="plsc" should display all the m3u in ml. When will there me a MAJOR new release for MAKI with a new SDK and some new features(modern skins v2).

Other problems...
Is it just me or is the playlist a bit slower?

Anyway, thanks for the best updates in a long time.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
Old 7th March 2006, 20:07   #230
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
Just downloaded the latest version 5.2 and the video bug that was introduced in the betas is still there...:

If you have the video fullscreen you CANT use the keyboard shortcuts...very annoying if you want to skip the ads in a recorded show.
It's fixed in 5.21
Old 9th March 2006, 11:38   #231
Hanschke

now we need a link
Old 10th March 2006, 10:09   #232
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Winamp 5.21 Released

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion