Old 6th April 2006, 03:09   #1
EpiphoneG400

Getting streamer on tripod.

I own a site on tripod along with my co-owner. We've been at this thing for about a week now, trying to find out how to get a radiobox type of thingy that is connected somehow to shoutcast. Can anybody help us out?
Is it html?
Can u give us the html?

Thanks,
2 guys with a problem.
EpiphoneG400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 03:19   #2
hackerdork
Forum King

You still need a shoutcast server, even if you have a web page on *********** . So a question, do you have a shoutcast server and DSP all ready running ?

You will need to run scripts to have the status show up on a web page, which you wont be able to do with tripod . you need access to the web server itself not just some free webpage host

~ DK

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
hackerdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 02:27   #3
EpiphoneG400

I dont think so. Ive seen people with radio box typa thingys on tripod, and it works fine fer them. so what do ya think?
Old 7th April 2006, 02:37   #4
hackerdork
Forum King

Ya, the toolbox shows what is playing, but its poiting to their shoutcast server not the tripod page.

If you are talking about putting mp3's on tripod and making a front-end that allows you to play/download them its not shoutcast.

~ DK

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
Old 7th April 2006, 02:43   #5
EpiphoneG400

i unno man, but we just need something that you can go on our site, surf around, and listen to our broadcast at the samer timer./
Old 7th April 2006, 04:59   #6
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Tripod is a WEB host , not a shoutcast host.

Hackerdork his answer still stands.
So EpiphoneG400
if you don't you what to do , read the answers again.

just by putting a link on a webpage doesn't automaticly means that it's a radio station that is running there.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 07:34   #7
helpme02

Yer, Thats one way if you get better hosting than tri pod you coulkd upload a track to your hosting then get a radio box config it then type in the address for the file.... i know that works. Or you could ask sombody if you can put there radio on your site i think wwww.habbohotelfm.com does it and tells you the html code for it hope it helps
helpme02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 12:42   #8
hackerdork
Forum King

hey kids, copy a mp3 file to a web host and making a link to play it does not stream it, its downloads the mp3 to the player. So acting like its a radio station is BS, its a mp3 download point. This is the case with any webhost that isnt running streaming server. Sure HTTP (web) appears to stream because the player will buffer and start to play it as it downloads to the player itself, but its not a real stream.

I would'nt use tripod or other free webs because after a few hits, you used up your monthly bandwidth because you have large amounts of data e.g. MP3's compared to a HTML which is text and gif, png, jpeg pics that also are quire small compared to a mp3.

Thanks spaceplay for the shout!.

So if you need help with shoutcast, post here. If you need help setting up a webpage to store mp3 and make a site look a radio station, hire someone to create the html, and hope your webhost can support php, pearl, python and other server scripting.

Cheers.

~ DK

Old 10th April 2006, 03:27   #9
EpiphoneG400

ya i thoguht thatd be a problem. thanks guys. it realy helps.
Old 16th April 2006, 06:59   #10
EpiphoneG400

k.... nobody else?
Old 16th April 2006, 07:33   #11
Nick@ss

this might help...

http://www.streamsolutions.co.uk/index.php?page=cds

you need an audio server and a cds server and you upload your encoded content and hit start...

the radio box plays 24/7 and you have no oneed to have a pc connected....
Nick@ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2006, 14:28   #12
streamfinder

Epiphone - You can probably upload a flash jukebox or flash player to your tripod site with some mp3's and have a playlist displayed and controls for play/stop/volume but that is not ShoutCast.

Try to set up ShoutCast on a Shoutcast server either through a 3rd party or on your home machine then you can put your server status (now playing) up on Tripod.

Good luck with this.

---------------------------------------------------

StreamFinder.com - Add your radio station to our free directory - get more exposure and listeners
streamfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2006, 17:51   #13
hackerdork
Forum King

Also consider after playing one or two mp3 you are over you bandwidth limit on tripod. You need a true web host and stream host to be a radio station etc.
~D

Old 3rd May 2006, 22:25   #14
EpiphoneG400

ur wrong. ive been playin music and my show over tripod for a week and im still not over burn bitch
Old 4th May 2006, 02:49   #15
jeffy777
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by EpiphoneG400
ur wrong. ive been playin music and my show over tripod for a week and im still not over burn bitch
ummm, good way to get your self banned.....

I can see you really appreciate when people try to help you
jeffy777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2006, 03:06   #16
hackerdork
Forum King

hmm, so you are telling me you stored all your mp3s on your tripod account and the listeners are streaming from tripod.

burn this! tripod is a web site with NO php support and doesnt allow you to run a applcation, so if you have some html page with mp3s on them where do they come from.

Also call me a bitch all you want I dont give a shit.

~ D

Old 6th May 2006, 06:12   #17
EpiphoneG400

lol i wasnt saying that to turn over any tables i was saying that as a friendly joke. im sorry if it offended u. i am thankful for people who are helping me.

:P
Old 6th May 2006, 10:25   #18
Germ
rules all things

You don't really joke that way with people you don't know and who can't hear the tone in your voice, so either you're just a bit dense or you're lying...
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 20:29   #19
EpiphoneG400

well im sorry
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support