Old 5th August 2013, 16:52   #1
RaVlaNa

The Windows 8 syndrome.

Hello everyone,
I am a newbie here, and I use Shoutcast DSP 2.3.2 (the latest version) with Winamp to broadcast live radio shows via Radionomy.

I use Windows 8 64 bit and I am aware of the sound card problem that exists in this version, namely I constantly have to switch between Winamp (for the music) and sound card (for speech).

While I don' t mind this that much (except for the delays it causes between the announcements and the music ).

However, a worse problem is, that Winamp often crashes and stops responding when you switch between Winamp and sound card.

This is obviously very annoying and embarrassing during a live programme.

I wonder if there is a workaround to prevent this from happening, as it happened five times in my live show today.

I know a solution is being sought to tsop people having to switch between te two inputs, but is there something that can be done to stop Winamp from crashing?

Thank you in advance.
RaVlaNa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 17:09   #2
DrO

there is no solution as i've fixed everything i could reproduce relating to crashes, anything which remains appears to be down to the soundcard interaction which i've not been able to determine a) a proper cause and b) a proper fix and c) replicate consistently on the setup i have access to.

you could try to provide a crash dump from following the steps from http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...86&postcount=6 and also ensure that you're using the current version of Winamp (v5.65 / v5.7 beta). though would likely need to provide a debug version of the Source DSP to try to better track where the failure is, but giving that a go to start with will at least help confirm you're a) on the current version and b) that it is the Source DSP as the crash point and not something else.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 18:06   #3
RaVlaNa

Thank you for your reply.
I can confirm that I am using the latest version of Winamp(5.65).

I ran the procedure with Procdump, it did generate a whole stream of text (see screenshot) but did not start Winamp, nor did it generate a dump file.

I did check very carefully that I had enter the command line correctly.

Thank you.
Old 5th August 2013, 19:24   #4
DrO

other than re-checking you've got things in the folder paths shown in post i linked (or altering as applicable), i'm not sure as no one else i've gotten to follow those steps has hit such an issue.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 19:56   #5
RaVlaNa

It seems these things can only happen to me.

Yes, I have put everything in the right folders.

Never mind, I'll try again.

Thank you.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support