Old 28th January 2022, 05:43   #41
thinktink
Forum King

Version 2.3.6.21 now available for download.

Changes:
  • Fixed improper handling and return value in exported functions winampSetExtendedFileInfo* (whoops) Metadata setting should now work where it didn't in certain circumstances (I was still able to update in the UFIP.)

Discovered this error while using (er, trying to use) BogProg ArbiTag. Why I was using ArbiTag idunnoidunevenremembernomore...
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2022, 06:33   #42
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
sweet

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2022, 04:05   #43
thinktink
Forum King

Version 2.4.7.22 now available for download.

Changes:
  • Fixed an issue with metadata reading for FLAC files. Fields queried but empty were not being set to a null terminated empty string by in_flac.dll. My default string handler was copying the unmodified buffer out, causing a buffer overrun. Fixed by pre-nulling the string before reads. This is unique behavior for in_flac.dll and never saw it until I tried to pull up the Unified File Information Pane (File Info) for a random FLAC file I couldn't remember the contents of.
Old 1st March 2022, 05:13   #44
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
Version 2.4.7.22 now available for download.
Getting error trying to extract the setup file from the zip file.

Winamp v5.9.0.9999 - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v22H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2022, 05:47   #45
thinktink
Forum King

Sounds like a corrupted download. Did you try redownloading it?

[EDIT/]
Belay my last, see next reply.
Old 1st March 2022, 06:00   #46
thinktink
Forum King

Odd. I just downloaded it and it had the exact same byte size but in the middle of the file there's a random short section that's different from the originally compiled zip. New upload tested. Try the new download, link updated accordingly.
Old 1st March 2022, 12:25   #47
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
r u saying there is a bug in in_flac.dll?

if so does it express when just playing flacs? how?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2022, 15:25   #48
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
r u saying there is a bug in in_flac.dll?

Not exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post

if so does it express when just playing flacs? how?
Had nothing to do with playback, just metadata.
Old 1st March 2022, 16:24   #49
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Sounds like a corrupted download. Did you try redownloading it?

[EDIT/]
Belay my last, see next reply.
Got it and installed. All's well now.

Old 30th May 2022, 18:49   #50
thinktink
Forum King

Apparently there was an error in the latest installer where it didn't actually install NoFlush when selected. I only found out while on assignment in Daly City when I tried to install X-Fade and NoFlush on a new notebook for personal enjoyment. There's been no update to any of the plugins, just updated the installer script, so the new installer has an [a] attached to the end of the filename to differentiate it from the bugged installer.

Download
Old 30th May 2022, 21:01   #51
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi thinktink,

Thank you for updating this installer.

This plug-in and your plug-in to embed artwork are the only reasons I still use Winamp. They don't work on WACUP.

I have not been able to find a cross-fade plug-in that does work with WACUP. Ironically, the native implementation dro added to replace your artwork embedding plug-in is not working at the moment. I know you were not happy when dro decided to implement his own artwork embedding feature.

Old 1st June 2022, 03:02   #52
thinktink
Forum King

I'm not too concerned with WACUP but if DrO asks me to update my plugins for dual compatibility with Winamp and WACUP I'd do it if it's possible.
Old 14th September 2022, 05:53   #53
Tom_Bosleys

Any way you can make this reverse compatible with older versions of winamp, such as 5541-5572, all those version past it crash witht he current configuration I have for a shoutcast server, and I'd like to use your plugin.
Tom_Bosleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2022, 12:24   #54
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Bosleys View Post
Any way you can make this reverse compatible with older versions of winamp, such as 5541-5572, all those version past it crash witht he current configuration I have for a shoutcast server, and I'd like to use your plugin.
Interesting, it shouldn't outright crash on older versions. Do you have a crash report I can look at? I don't know if I have any of those version installers still so I don't know if I'll be able to test on them directly.
Old 14th September 2022, 14:17   #55
Tom_Bosleys

I don't believe it's your plugin that is causing the crash, but of course I wouldn't know unless it was compatible with an older version to test. I turned off all my plugins outside of shoutcast for 5666, and for some reason it cannot go more than 6 hours without having a memory write error (ntdll). I tried changing dlls, defaults, safe modes, compatibility, but nothing worked. When I went back to an older version (currently 5541), it's been running with all my plugins for my server for 6 days straight with no crashes. The only problem is, your plugin doesn't work with any version 5622 and lower and when I found it I thought it was fantastic.
Old 14th September 2022, 21:07   #56
thinktink
Forum King

Was your crash report showing it was from within MSVCR90.dll? If so, I have a solution for you.
Old 15th September 2022, 01:22   #57
Tom_Bosleys

Quote:
Was your crash report showing it was from within MSVCR90.dll? If so, I have a solution for you.
Unfortunately, no. It was a read/write error with a random code, like ntdll.dll 000000000x5, failed to write in G53vdfj23 and caused the application to crash. I would have to reinstall that version and run it to get another accurate log. But it crashed with and with out your plug in installed, so I really don't believe the plugin is the issue. I even changed the dlls, ntdll and in_mp3, etc to no avail. There is something that it obviously doesn't like and isn't there in older versions.
Old 15th September 2022, 20:38   #58
thinktink
Forum King

Well...

When was the last time you tried the latest version of Winamp with the latest version of the SHOUTcast DSP. The newest version as of this post is 5.9 with a congruent update to the official SHOUTcast DSP that both have their dependencies on MSCVR90 and associated package has been removed which should contribute to stability.

In the meantime...

To investigate further for backward compatibility I need to know your exact setup/config including extra files that aren't normally indexed by other report tools. I have my own report builder that digs a bit deeper into the Winamp API internals, mostly for plugins, that I would like for you to use.
  1. Please install BogProg Thinktink v1.0.2.6.
  2. Close Winamp, open it back up, don't start/stop any playback or perform any other functions, make sure Winamp has been in an idle state.
  3. Then to run a report, open preferences, go to the Plugins->General Purpose section, double click the plugin in the list and select [Yes]. On a new Winamp instance it can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes to generate a report, depending on your system speed. When it finishes the report, it should open a new window with the report archive selected. Please attach that archive in your next post.
Old 16th September 2022, 01:43   #59
Tom_Bosleys

Here ya go. Also, I've tried that newest release and it actually crashes more often than 5666. The only real stable versions with my setup is from 5572 and below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BPInfoToolLog.zip (13.3 KB, 36 views)
Old 16th September 2022, 03:21   #60
thinktink
Forum King

This might take a while to sort out...
Old 16th September 2022, 05:07   #61
Tom_Bosleys

Hey, no problem. Take your time. If you want, I can reinstall 5666, wait for it to crash and paste that log, but I'm not sure how helpful it will be.
Old 17th September 2022, 21:05   #62
thinktink
Forum King

BogProg X-Fade 2.5.8.24 is now available.

Download

Changes:
  • Improved compatibility for slightly older versions of Winamp.
Old 18th September 2022, 01:23   #63
Tom_Bosleys

Awesome job! I will try this with my current setup, and with versions 5551-5622 throughout the next week and get back to ya.
Old 19th September 2022, 00:41   #64
thinktink
Forum King

!?
Old 19th September 2022, 02:12   #65
Tom_Bosleys

The older version do not have a error log plugin like the new ones do, so the crashes that I've received (just had one today) are vague at best. Just ntdll.dll errors on a random access memory code, forcing me to restart winamp. That after about a day of it running fine. The queue file function of winamp stops working with your plugin, I also might add.
Right now I'm up to version 5571, and so far it's running fine (a few hours). So far they've all acted the same as 5541--which has been the most stable version for the server.
Old 20th September 2022, 02:28   #66
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
The older version do not have a error log plugin like the new ones do, so the crashes that I've received (just had one today) are vague at best. Just ntdll.dll errors on a random access memory code, forcing me to restart winamp. That after about a day of it running fine.
The only thing I can think of to get more detailed information is to run Winamp under WinDbg32, which comes with the Microsoft SDKs. The useful thing to look at would be the stack trace if you can figure out how. Other than that it's just a guessing game.

Quote:
The queue file function of winamp stops working with your plugin, I also might add.
Is that like when queuing a file from Windows file Explorer (right click then Enque in Winamp) or is that something you do from within Winamp itself? Is this something to do with the old JTFE plugin?

[EDIT/] What steps do I need to do to replicate the issue?

Quote:
Right now I'm up to version 5571, and so far it's running fine (a few hours). So far they've all acted the same as 5541--which has been the most stable version for the server.
Good to know it's working.
Old 20th September 2022, 03:30   #67
thinktink
Forum King

BogProg X-Fade 2.5.9.25 is now available.

Download

Changes:
  • Fixed crash on certain input plugins that provided empty string through which an alternate method for retrieving metadata from the original plugin was required (winampGetExtendedFileInfo called through winampGetExtendedFileInfoW, and vice versa.)

Found this crash when I tried to load a WAV file with X-Fade installed on older version of Winamp.
Old 20th September 2022, 07:33   #68
Tom_Bosleys

Unfortunately, that is very much over my head

All I have is the standard error log at the moment, but I don't recall the .log of 5666+ being anymore useful other than saying a memory read error.

Here is one I had for v5571:

--5571 -- ran 6 hours + queue is broken
Quote:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: winamp.exe
Application Version: 5.5.7.2810
Application Timestamp: 4b2f0bcd
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7ba58
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0002e39e
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
I'm up to 5601 b3091, and so far 5541 has been the most stable for who knows what reason, but it runs for days and no problems at all, where as the rest of these only go a few hours without the same crash out. Same load/plugins, etc.
Old 24th September 2022, 22:00   #69
Aminifu
Forum King

I have been successfully using thinktink's input plug-in (BogProg X-Fade (in_bpxfade.dll)) for several years to provide crossfading. I'm happy to report version 2.5.9.25 works equally well with Winamp v5.9.0.9999 under Windows 11.

Winamp's native crossfading feature is part of the Nullsoft DirectSound Output (ds.dll) plug-in. So this output plug-in must be used in order to use the native crossfading feature. Nullsoft DirectSound Output will also work with BogProg X-Fade when it's crossfading feature is disabled.

BogProg X-Fade hooks into the audio processing chain (on the input side) after the file type input decoder plug-in (that supports fully functional transcoder functions). So it can work with any Winamp output plug-in. It also provides an optional resampling feature for the source file's native sample rate and bits per sample. The volume levels of the next track and the ending track during the overlap period are unaffected, unless the optional logarithmic transitions feature is used. This feature slowly increases the volume level of the next track to it's normal level and slowly decreases the volume level of the ending track to zero during the overlap period. The overlap period is adjustable in millisecond increments. I don't know what the maximum overlap period is. The most I've ever used is 15 seconds.

BogProg X-Fade comes with an optional output plug-in called BogProg NoFlush (out_bpnoflush.dll). This plug-in will be stacked with the final output plug-in you choose to use. BogProg NoFlush insures that the playback timing will not be interrupted and you won't get any pops or clicks or other audio artifacts when BogProg X-Fade crossfades the next audio track.

BogProg X-Fade (and it's companion BogProg NoFlush) was developed for SHOUTcast users, but it works for non-SHOUTcast playback also.

Seeking is very laggy depending on which final output plug-in you use and if the output plug-in has large buffering. Expect lag and weirdness when seeking.

BogProg X-Fade works best with source files that have little to no periods of silence at the beginning and end of each file. The overlap period should be selected to account for such silence, if needed

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Tags
crossfade, radio, shoutcast, xfade