Old 3rd June 2010, 06:41   #1
sjs

Software for tapping guitar

Hi
Would like to know if there are some who have some experience, whether there is any software to enhance one instrument at a mp3 fill in my case the guitar in a track, or maybe remove or tone down bass drum and vokal for better to hear what the guitar is playing.
I have previously heard the opposite where the guitar is partially removed from a number where you can use it as a backing track to practice for.

Hope some one have some experience with this a will help me

Sorry for my bab Englis hope it make some sense

Thanks
Lars
sjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 02:27   #2
Scar Da Kookee
[Forum Pastry]

google "powertab"

Needs more moo-cows.
Scar Da Kookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 03:25   #3
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
Guitar tapping? There's this cool program called EVH.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 13:28   #4
sjs

Guitar tapping

Maby guitar tapping are the wrong word. I mean somthing so i better can hear what the guitar are playning so it´s more easy to lean and play it by me self
Thanks
sjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 14:51   #5
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
I was making a bad joke. Power Tab really is a good program.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 23:34   #6
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
With an mp3, you have two choices (or a combination of both) for that sort of editing:

1.) You can change equalization in an audio editor then export to mp3 again when done.

2.) You can suppress or strengthen certain parts of the audio based on whether it's programmed as left channel, right channel, or both.

This is often how simulated karaoke and older surround systems work. Basically, in a simulated karaoke model, the audio which is more evenly distributed between left and right (especially within the midrange frequencies) is greatly suppressed, removing the singer but keeping a decent amount of other audio from the track. This is also how older ("Pro-Logic) surround systems determine which audio to send to the center speaker. The remaining midrange and treble audio (the stuff that was more polarized to left or right) is sent to the front left, front right, and surround speakers, and the remaining and bass is added to front left and right, and/or subwoofer depending on settings.

Basically, if you have the right software, it can allow you to adjust the levels of these categories, therefore in many cases strengthening or weakening certain instruments. If you don't have the software, a prologic receiver can at least allow you to adjust balance and center/surround volume levels, but that might not be as good.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions