MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
BUG: alt+3 works different in different situations

Win7 32bit
5.581 bento
no plugins i don't think

follow me here...

in the ML, do alt+3 to get the file info dialog. you can also right click, and then click "view file info"

NOTE AT THE TOP OF THE FILE INFO DIALOG that there are NO arrows to "browse" your files left or right where the filename/filepath is listed.

HOWEVER

if you click to move the focus on the player where the currently playing artist/title is shown, (above the play button to the right), and double click it or right click and view file info or click and alt+3 there, you DO GET THE L/R ARROWS!

so...

why would you not get the same dialog in both places? i want the arrows in both places. this then is a bug right? why two different dialogs for the same function?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 16:40   #2
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
why would you not get the same dialog in both places? i want the arrows in both places. this then is a bug right? why two different dialogs for the same function?
it's the same dialog in all instances of it showing but unless an api is implemented to be able to query the selection of media library views there's no way it will show the [<<] [>>] buttons when opened from the library as this is hack i implemented in the JTFE plug-in for the playlist editor (where there had been some requests for it and it made testing somethings for me easier).

so not a bug as it's working correctly against what is able to be done and what the plug-in is expected to be doing. i can see why it would be confusing but by there being a lack of the buttons in the ml opening of the dialog i thought it was clearer than just leaving the added buttons on the page in a disabled state (that instead happens when the dialog is open from the playlist editor and the playlist is then cleared).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 20:03   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
bummer. the buttons would be a LOT more useful in the ML than other views/areas.

maybe the bug should be called "lack of API / attention to the ML by the devs"?

ugh. thx for the explanation, but while not technically a bug i still consider this an unresolved situation for the devs to address.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 16:18   #4
DrO

in ideal world then this would have been implemented from the start when 2.90 was released but it wasn't and a lot of the 'issues' with the media library stem from the original design.

obviously it would be nice if there was an api to allow for this but then for it to be complete all 3rd party plug-ins which also implement media library views would need to be updated to cope with it and we know that is unlikely to happen so it still wouldn't be complete (even if the official views support it).

and most of the issues with the ml stem from a few key aspects with how they communicate amongst themselves (where in most cases a more direct way of conveying changes from one pane to another would improve things alot) which then causes a lot of the issues which i've seen you and others report. we can hope that one day something will be done to improve things as the ml isn't as bad as it has been but it's not quite there really.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Tags
alt+3, bug, file info, view file info