Old 12th November 2020, 02:14   #41
rstew

Hi Aminifu;
I copied a playlist file into Notepad and it opened up just fine actually. Actually each playlist entry in the program involves 2 lines of text in the notepad file; but at least they are in the same order as they appear in your playlist, alphabetical for instance.

Within the playlist folder all the playlists have a winamp generated number such as the plf9556.m3u8 file I mentioned above. so there is no easy way to readily identify the playlist you are looking for. But at least the last modification date is shown for each file, so you can find it that way, then open it to make sure its the one you want. It remains to be seen if putting these playlist files on a music stick along with all the music files will make the playlists show up in a vehicle with apple car play. I kind of doubt it somehow, but I will test that out soon. Does anyone know if this works?

I have not yet upgraded to V5.666.3516 but I plan to do it soon. I need to clean up a few things first, then do a restore point before upgrading, in case it doesn't go well. I don't see any other files in the playlist folder. It's behaving pretty well now, except for no Export Playlist option. Still playing with it.

rstew
rstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2020, 01:26   #42
Aminifu
Forum King

The 1st line in each playlist file should be an ID string that lets Winamp know that the file is a playlist file. Then there should be a pair of lines for each media file listed in the playlist. The 1st line contains the text string that is displayed in the Playlist Editor for the media file. The 2nd line contains the path-name for the media file. The drive letter is included in the path-name if the playlist file is stored on a drive different from the drive the media file is stored on.

Do you see playlists listed in the Media Library? If you do, are there the same number of playlists listed as there are playlist files in your user data playlist folder?

If there are playlists listed in the Media Library that can be matched (same number of files listed in the same order) to the playlist files in your user data playlist folder then there should be another file in the folder that associates the playlist names shown in the Media Library to the alphanumeric names for the playlist files in the folder. The lack of this file is more reason to believe the installation for the Winamp version you're using is corrupted in some way.

I don't think putting those playlist files on a music stick along with all the music files will make the playlists show up in a vehicle with apple car play. I don't know for sure, but I think apple car play uses a different playlist format. Also, the path-names for the media files on the music stick would be different from the path-names for the media files listed in those playlist files.

Before you install Winamp v5.666.3516 be sure to completely remove the version you have installed now.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v20H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2020, 01:37   #43
rstew

So I can't just install v5.666.3516 over my older v5.666.3510?
I am guessing that means my current playlists will be toast, so I guess I will need to restore them from the backup folder that I have set up. Hopefully they will import without issue.
Hhhmmm, I am wondering if I really want to do this. Maybe I can just live without the Playlist Export function.

rstew
rstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2020, 02:52   #44
Aminifu
Forum King

ryerman and I suggested a clean fresh install of build 3516 because we don't know what is causing the issues you are having with build 3510. You can install build 3516 over what you have. That may fix the issues or it may not.

You have not answered the questions in my previous post and you have not said if you searched for (and found or not) other playlists (other than those in your Winamp user data folder). Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do. Bottom line, only you can decide what you're willing to try or live with.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v20H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support