Old 2nd May 2000, 06:48   #1
DJ White Illuzion

I don't know if this could be a Winamp specific thing but hey.. it doesn't hurt to ask.. This has to do with mp3's that are long, continuous mixes where there are like 10 or 12 songs in 1 mp3 and the only way to get to each song is to manually drag the slider back and forth. It would be really easy to be able to insert "sub points" in the mp3 so you could hit next song and it would go to the next point in the mix.. (If this is to confusing then I will try and explain better.)
Old 2nd May 2000, 06:58   #2
LCtheDJ

It seems clear enough to me. Sounds something like index marks on a VHS video tape.

I have seem some high end mp3 DJ software that lets you set a start point on a track so you can avoid the intro without having to remove it from the file. I believe this information is kept in a separate data file.
Old 2nd May 2000, 08:27   #3
zadis

I thing the plug in you are looking for is Leo's DJ Helper (but I haven't tryed yet)
zadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2000, 10:06   #4
Olivier

I think it is also more simple to use several mp3 with a playlist, instead of only one long.
Old 2nd May 2000, 23:23   #5
DJ White Illuzion

Yes Olivier I know what your saying but what if you only have 1 large mixed mp3 and not the originals?
Thats what I am talking about.
--Marc
Old 2nd May 2000, 23:27   #6
DJ White Illuzion

Zadis, I looked at Leo's DJ Helper plugin and that is for mixing mp3's together live. Not quite what I am looking for. This would be something that would get saved in the ID3 tag (or some form of it) right in the mp3 itself. (If anyone from Nullsoft is reading this maybe you could help!)
--Marc
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist