Old 1st May 2000, 20:50   #1
Powerbar
Banned

I have put Winamp on my start menue and it appears when I start up my computer. I want it to start playing automaticly though. Is there a option for that or a patch that will allow this to happen?
Powerbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2000, 02:43   #2
Tom

If you turn off (might already be off) "Enqueue as default action" which can be found by:
Open Winamp
Press Ctrl + P
Click on "File Types"
Remove the check next to "Enqueue as default action"

then any time you click a file it will play in Winamp (see where I am going with this yet). Now in the Winamp directory there is a file called winamp.m3u, which is a copy of the playlist from the last time Winamp was closed. So if you take out the shortcut you have to start Winamp and replace it with a shoutcut to that file (C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.m3u with a default installation of Winamp) then whenever you start your computer the last playlist will be opened (which will open Winamp if m3u files are associated with it) and start playing.

Tom
http://players.shoutclub.net
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2000, 04:54   #3
Powerbar
Banned

Thanks for the adivise but I am having trouble finding the file you are talking about "winamp.m3p" Is there any other way? I have a friend who needs music to play when he starts his computer. If there are any other programs that would do this please let me know. Thanks again
Powerbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist