Old 26th June 2003, 15:09   #1
winampophile

End of winamp!!??

Hello,

I read on a site that winamp 2.95 would be the last! after the development of winamp would be to stop! it is a false rumour or it is true! because do not believe them news at all!

Winamp power!
winampophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2003, 15:14   #2
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Don't believe anything you read that isn't on Winamp.com, that's your only reliable source of info regarding WA releases.
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2003, 15:54   #3
winampophile

Yes! I agree, I think It's very bad joke from the web site!
Old 26th June 2003, 16:05   #4
Reaper
Forum King

Yeah, I've seen people across the web thinking along the same lines as you and misinforming others. Some sites are mentioning 2.95 as "2.95 FINAL". This only means it's the final build of 2.95.
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2003, 16:45   #5
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Basically, it's a crock of shit

Proof of the plan

Post some links to these sites,
so we can send the boys round
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2003, 18:50   #6
winampophile

The bad news from thise site:
Generation-NT.com

Quick translation of the news:

Quote:
Many will be those which will be disappointed by learning this news: Nullsoft comes from anoncer, without expressing reasons, which it ceased the development of its reader of media headlight: Winamp. Indeed, version 2.95 will be the last official version of the famous reader.

Many visitors of this site, believe really this news!
Old 26th June 2003, 18:52   #7
Nimelennar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nimelennar
It probably just means that the next thing they release will be "Winamp 5"

The world is made of conflicts: good and evil, order and chaos, light and dark, hot and cold. All are essential to life. None can prevail for any length of time, or life will fail. In the end, the best any can hope for is balance.
Nimelennar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2003, 13:53   #8
Citronic

yeh probably...

well at least i have winamp what ever version

im ok

:P

byyyyyyyyyyeeee
Citronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2003, 15:36   #9
Mr_007
Banned

Winamp never dont finish!
Mr_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2003, 22:45   #10
Atolibus

Send a message via ICQ to Atolibus Send a message via AIM to Atolibus Send a message via Yahoo to Atolibus
Whoever tried to post news about Winamp not continuing was a lying bastard - there's threads all over the forums from the mods talking about the plans for Winamp in the future. If it WERE going somewhere, the news would be all over winamp.com.

"Don't fear the reaper."
Atolibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2003, 23:51   #11
JonnyMac

Correction
http://www.generation-nt.com/index.php?cat=news&id=1671

Translation from Babel Fish
Quote:
Hello with all, this is an update of the news announcing the new version of Winamp of the 2.x family as well as the abandonment of the development of this one! This last information is not correct, Winamp does not give up the development of your preferred multi-media reader, consequently we present our excuses at Nullsoft and especially at our faithful readers .

As you know nobody is not it safe from an error and we ask you to be lenient for the rare times or that arrives, useless to pack you and to irritate you on your keyboard. For information, it was not a voluntary blow of pub and we prefer to point out ourselves by the quality of our work.

Thank you for your comprehension.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2003, 06:10   #12
Atolibus

Send a message via ICQ to Atolibus Send a message via AIM to Atolibus Send a message via Yahoo to Atolibus
Those translations are always funny

But I'm glad to see that they did in fact retract the mistake.

"Don't fear the reaper."
Atolibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2003, 15:34   #13
glop

hi there
The guy of genereation-nt have appologized ( sorry for grammatical error, i'm not english)
you can see a great article here !!
http://news.com.com/2100-1025_3-1021601.html

i think that ... to be the 4th, Nullsoft may somme efforts ( and AOL to muahaha) to perform a next winamp generation. ok, based on winamp 2 ( more robust) but more flexible. Since 2.9 each version bring new option, but not enough to be confronted with Real one or WMP9
Another point of vue is the non overture of staff to listen the idea of the users. They developp (great developpers) but don't listen enough...
what about natural burning (without plugin) ? what about support of the other media (.ram, .ra audio and video)? what about a buggyless ripping system ? what about a library most developped (no really difference beetween 1.0 and 1.3) ? what about DVD player included ?
The skin is NOT the priority of the users !

No it's not the end, and nerver be the end but i don't think that nullsoft and AOL want to be always the 4 player

(Apple is a piece of shit so i don't speak about this f* crappy player
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2003, 17:27   #14
nothin2g

Location: Zeil, wo der Wein wächst und gesoffen wird wie Wasser ;) Ohweeeehhhh... Posts: overflowed
did i understand you right? winamp is the 4th player?
i must have been missed something...
nothin2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2003, 18:40   #15
glop

no you don't miss anything !
read the article just below
or..more fast look at this
http://news.com.com/i/ne/p/2003/062603winamp_chart2.jpg (it's the extract picture of the article
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2003, 21:04   #16
mikm
Major Dude

of course...WiMP comes bundled with Windows, and most people don't bother to d/l another player because they like the gift-wrapped shit M$ puts out.