Old 21st February 2014, 00:45   #1
susanseery

Can't figure out which Winamp to download need help!

I got a new computer with Windows 8 and have looked up sites to download the Winamp, but it keeps coming up with tons of different ones to download and I found out 2 of them have nothing to do with Winamp. I have found this site http://www.winamp.com/ and tells me to download from where it says Get Winamp and when I do it takes me to Download Winamp for your PC, I click on it and a forum just keeps coming up. Can someone PLEASE help me get this figured out! Thanks!!
susanseery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 10:17   #2
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Winamp is undergoing something of a change at the minute due being recently bought by a new company, so some of the download links and the like are a little bit fuzzy, there also appears to be a number of apps out there claiming to be winamp in the windows store etc, probably best to avoid those.

This discussion thread here will give you links to the latest and current build of winamp, you should choose from here.

Hopefully the main winamp.com website will relaunch soon and it'll be come much clearer, until then....

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=373755
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 10:22   #3
DrO

and the reason it keeps sending you to the forums is the second post in the forum thread which opens points to the recommended download to use (from an external site) until Winamp is able to be officially provided via the new owners (got to hate licensing requirements at times).

and yes, anything in the Windows store is not an official Winamp product and are scams (which sadly have not been removed despite a number of requests when AOL was in charge).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2014, 05:32   #4
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Like · Comment · Share
Wildrose-Wally likes this.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions