Old 5th September 2015, 20:49   #1
darryl505

Checking IP's in Stream Login

Good Afternoon, Wanted to get a bit of clarity on something.

When i go to my IP address for a stream and click stream login where I can see the ip address of my listeners and hopefully see the dollar signs that indicate that they are ready to display an ad... I had a question about this area.

I have a listener there that has been there for days.. When i put my mouse next to their Dollar sign it says "Waiting for first advert to play" then lists their advert group.

I have another stream that says the same thing but when an ad plays the Dollar sign all of a sudden gets a circle around it with a line t hru it.

My questions are this (if anyone knows) Does the first situation mean that they are not being triggered for ads because its saying waiting for FIRST advert?

And when a dollar sign is there but gets crossed out DURING an advert.. does anyone know what that means? The rest of the ip addresses have nothing listed there at all.. no dollar sign with or without a line thru it. I was under the assumption that if there is no dollar sign it simply means that no ads are there for that area.. Which then makes me wonder why would there ever be a dollar sign with a line thru it?

Anyone know the answer ?
darryl505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2015, 21:09   #2
DrO

single $ - is recognised as being advert compatible but no adverts have yet played for the listener (either it's not been connected when the advert was played or the advert trigger is not being recognised correctly by the listener handler)

multiple $$$ - adverts successfully played for the listener

blocked $ - no compatible adverts available for that listener (no supported campaigns in that area or the listener is from a country not yet supported) but it's recognised

nothing or n/a - listener is not recognised or is know to not be appropriate for adverts at this time

though if you're saying it's showing nothing or changing in the manner described, that you're probably not using one of the newer interim DNAS builds which resolves the known issues with the advert features in the current public release of the DNAS. as I don't know at the moment what build you're using, I might be guessing wrong on what you're reporting.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2015, 22:56   #3
darryl505

wow,

Thanks so much.. you said a lot there and there is a lot for me to consider.

On several stations there is a single $ there and the listener has been logged in for days and i have the ad's set to trigger once an hour. One time when the ad started the listener went from a single dollar sign to a blocked on. then a few minutes later back to a single dollar sign.

It is possible im not running the latest build. I had the latest build applied when i had the server set up but its very possible it needs an update. ill check that out now.

One other question (if you happen to know the answer) Are there any spots on Radionomy or Shoutcast where it shows the numbers that are shown in the stats area for radionomy? in the past if you went to Shoutcast.com it would show you how many live listeners for a station.. Now it does not. neither does it on Radionomy. My goal here is to allow my station hosts to see their radionomy stats without giving them the login information for all of the stations on the account.
Old 5th September 2015, 23:16   #4
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl505 View Post
On several stations there is a single $ there and the listener has been logged in for days and i have the ad's set to trigger once an hour. One time when the ad started the listener went from a single dollar sign to a blocked on. then a few minutes later back to a single dollar sign.
the advert icon state will change depending on what the listener is doing, what the advert provision is and so on. so it's just a reflection of the DNAS's internal status as a guide to indicate what is or isn't working.

Quote:
It is possible im not running the latest build. I had the latest build applied when i had the server set up but its very possible it needs an update. ill check that out now.
if it's 2.4.7 or earlier then you will need a newer build to work with. as a current interim build will have a dedicated advert column with a single $ as the column header - if that's not what you're seeing then you're using an older build and that's likely going to explain most of the weirdness you're seeing.

Quote:
One other question (if you happen to know the answer) Are there any spots on Radionomy or Shoutcast where it shows the numbers that are shown in the stats area for radionomy? in the past if you went to Shoutcast.com it would show you how many live listeners for a station.. Now it does not. neither does it on Radionomy. My goal here is to allow my station hosts to see their radionomy stats without giving them the login information for all of the stations on the account.
the listener numbers are on shoutcast.com but only if you look at it in a non-mobile view. though really, for such things, looking at the DNAS is the better option as that will show the current numbers instead of a value from the most recent update as is the case with the shoutcast.com listing (and is how it's always been).

for the other thing, I think you're better off emailing support about it as it sounds like your possibly a CDN and would need to sort out provision of per-account stats access that way (i believe it either is or will become possible to have such means, but support will be better suited to assist as I'm just the code monkey).
Old 6th September 2015, 01:37   #5
darryl505

My host wanted to know what the latest build is and if there is a download link for it. Would you have any clue on this?
Old 6th September 2015, 22:21   #6
DrO

can you ask your host to email support (referencing this thread & the contact address in my signature) and we'll follow it up that way (as I've no idea who your host is and what they're existing interaction with us is).
Old 6th September 2015, 23:06   #7
darryl505

Hey .. thank you again for taking the time here.

My host has had no connection with you guys at all. I had a private server built. I was working with Ezra Gold who is no longer there but i had the server built around the specs that he gave me and ive always dealt with the host on my own.

All im asking for here is what is the latest build . and if there is a link for it. so that they can install that build on my server.. I dont think my host is going to go thru contacting Shoutcast because they have no connection to you. its my server off site.

Also for the record.. i have no issues personally emailing support.. its just that in my experience most of my emails there go un answered. If the latest build is causing me a problem and i can get the latest build on my server id like to just get that done much sooner than later.
Old 6th September 2015, 23:43   #8
DrO

most hosts don't allow for non-release builds to be installed so i've probably incorrectly assumed that you're in the same situation as well. so if you're able to manually install newer builds without the need of your host then I can provide you the interim build to work with.

if you have to have the host install things or they won't allow such a thing to be done, then it somewhat hinders things. either way, i'll follow-up with you as applicable tomorrow about this (depending on what you're situation re: manually updating is).
Old 6th September 2015, 23:46   #9
darryl505

oh its an un released build.. ok maybe i didnt get that part.. ok so i might have to just deal with this for now. Its my own private server but id still prefer to just wait until its official. Hey thank u so much for explaining that. Also technically I CAN install things myself.. but as savy as i am im not THAT savy.. i have them install everything for me.
Old 6th September 2015, 23:59   #10
DrO

yes, i was referring to an un-released build (was what I was referring to when using 'interim build'). well the better option for us is knowing that things are good prior to a formal release but it sounds like getting you to use the interim build is going to be more of a headache and will just have to hope that all of the changes and feedback from others that have been trying it will prove to work better against what you've raised.
Old 17th May 2016, 10:05   #11
InsTreet

Thank you
InsTreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization