Old 21st September 2016, 04:17   #1
orivera15

Total newbie Ability to Go Live on the Microphone

Hello Guy, Im new to the internet radio scene and I was wondering with Shout, do they have the Ability to Go Live on the Microphone, if you want to introduce Records in between etc etc... I have a couple of friends that are ex DJs and I think it would be a great surprise if they could just pop on live but I haven't read if Shout cast has the ability to do that.... ANy help that someone can offer would be great!!!! thank you so much guy for the help in advance.....Sorry for the Grammar and spelling, Im typing this on my smart phone getting ready for bed1! Again Thank You
orivera15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2016, 15:18   #2
neralex
Major Dude

If you woke up, then start a google search: "What is SHOUTcast". After that please read the complete wiki: http://wiki.shoutcast.com/wiki/SHOUT...s_SHOUTcast.3F

If you are done with all, then rethink your question. Thanks.
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2016, 16:08   #3
orivera15

Wow, I really do appreciate you being so FRIENDLY in your SARCASTIC remark!!! I did say I was new to this and just began looking into it.....What is the sense in having a forum if you cant use it! Unbelievable...... My apologies your highness if answering a simple question like a human being annoyed you!!!!
orivera15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2016, 16:19   #4
neralex
Major Dude

You're welcome!

It makes no sense to copy&paste the content of the documentation into each thread only why some users are not to be able to read it before creating a new thread like this.

SHOUTcast is the server system and what you are trying is an issue on your client side to build a source a for the server system...

http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=microphone+on+shoutcast+dsp

First thinking, then writing!
Old 22nd September 2016, 07:12   #5
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Sarcasm aside...

A good place to start would be Voicemeeter

Its a virtual audio mixer which allows you to control audio from inputs such as microphone/automation software then you send that audio to a stand alone encoding program.

As a newbie I'd suggest you do searches on Google, This forum etc... The answers will be out there if only you search for them. You'll find your issue has probably already had an answer.

@neralex Why be unhelpful to a newbie? We all had to start somewhere.

Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

Online: Twitter - Blog - RadioDJ
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 10:14   #6
neralex
Major Dude

@Gary: compare my answer with your answer and you will find the reason. If a newbie can't google/read simple things, why we should serve it... again and again and again....
Old 22nd September 2016, 13:43   #7
dotme

Kindness costs nothing, right? So why not sprinkle a little around from time to time? I'd hope we can be a little more generous to first-time posters, instead of "hey kid - get off my lawn"

@orivera15 - Going "live" is a function of broadcasting software, not the "Shoutcast server" you broadcast to. In addition to DJ-Garybaldy's helpful links, here's another page with few more products that you can look at:

http://blog.wavestreaming.com/5-best...o-stream-live/

Cheers
dotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 15:30   #8
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

That blog post by Wavestreaming gives no mention of RadioDJ ...

RadioDJ might be a good starting point if he wants to get things off the ground for very little $$$

I know of several users who use RadioDJ and Voicemeeter together to do their live shows etc...

Quote:
@Gary: compare my answer with your answer and you will find the reason. If a newbie can't google/read simple things, why we should serve it... again and again and again....
There is no excuse for being rude/offish to a user end of story! Its the thing that winds me up about several online radio forums where the users are always rude or abusive.

As I said we all had to start somewhere so even if you just direct someone to a tutorial etc... its better than just saying..

Quote:
If you are done with all, then rethink your question. Thanks.

Old 24th September 2016, 10:54   #9
neralex
Major Dude

Oh yes, let us flood these forums with same content .... *facepalm* There is no reason to excuse.
Old 24th September 2016, 11:14   #10
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by neralex View Post
Oh yes, let us flood these forums with same content .... *facepalm* There is no reason to excuse.
Then don't reply to a post then or better still LOG OFF the forums and don't bother if you can't be helpful then I'm sure people don't need your unhelpful comments time after time.

Old 28th September 2016, 14:33   #11
clmiami

Absolutely You Can Go Live From A Mic

I've been using a couple of new apps on Android and on iPhone to upstream to Shoutcast.

iPhone - the only app I could find - and this thing works so well it's "dangerous" is called KoalaSan. http://koalasan.net Very bizarre artwork in the app, but it works well. No playlist support.

Android - there are a couple of apps I have tried on Android, and the only one that works is https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...NovaStreamApps
No playlist support - this app is rather crappy in front-end design, but once you set it and get it connected, will run just fine on a $50 Android tablet, as well as those cheap little Android TV boxes *that can also run Kodi).

This app features 2 sources, a mic input and source files from any folder on the device.

You have 2 sliders that allow you to crudely but effectively mix your show as it streams up.

Crude but effective.

As to the source files, the caveat being that you need to create a source folder on the tablet or android box that it will read files in sequential order.

I use an app on Mac called "Export For iTunes" which will read your iTunes Library, and then export it as numbered sequential files.

So ... I create a playlist in iTunes, and after every hour of tunes I drop in my station ID file "you're listening to..." and then drop in an Advert:, another station id. iTunes will complain about duplicates - just ok that and keep dropping in your break materials at whatever intervals you want.

Then, you use Export For iTunes to export and it creates a folder with numerically prefixed files that will run in sequential order on the Android device using Broadcast Myself. I copy that onto the Android device or attach a USB stick to the device with the folder full of specially numbered files and point to that in the app.

The app is shaky about connecting, you may have to connect/reconnect a few times to get it to latch in solid to Shoutcast, but once it's connected it will run a couple of days of music no problem. There's even an upgraded pay version of the app that will manage automatic reconnection, but I haven't tried it yet.

You also have to manually set it to move to the next track automatically.

Although I don't like the overall look and feel, but since it's the only app out there, and does work, there's not much else to say.

In the multiplatform Mac / Linux / Windows arena, Mixx is the easiest and most comprehensive free app out there - kudos to those guys I wish they had an android app and I could get rid of Broadcast Myself. See http://mixxx.org (Yes 3 x's because if you go to mixx.org you get some goofball website that has nothing to do with Mixx.

Mixx has built-in Shoutcast & Icecast support, and probably a great place to start if you're a seasoned DJ. And yes, mic mixer as well as playlist support.
clmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 15:12   #12
clmiami

See also:

Build a Shoutcast Streaming Server For $35

http://twinformationtechnology.com/2...server-for-35/
Old 29th September 2016, 13:22   #13
clmiami

Check out http://mixxx.org - does everything you need
Old 2nd October 2016, 16:51   #14
neralex
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Garybaldy View Post
Then don't reply to a post then or better still LOG OFF the forums and don't bother if you can't be helpful then I'm sure people don't need your unhelpful comments time after time.
Not for you mate! Play pseudo-officer with your kids!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support