Old 14th March 2006, 13:08   #41
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@hawke
Did you even see/read my "undocumented" post on page 1 ?
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2006, 01:56   #42
cruxial

ive never had a problem with the updates until now, and i have been using winamp since '98, which ever version that was. anywho, i cant believe it is causing such major issues. Iregardless, i'm gonna try and get 5.13 back somehow....
cruxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2006, 03:57   #43
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Sorry, but I think you'll find that the vast majority of users don't have any problems, at least none like yours anyway.
Old 15th March 2006, 13:11   #44
hawke

DJ Egg,I read it,but I don't know what to do.
My problem is some of wav can't play in Winamp 5.21.
Other wav files can play in winamp 5.21.
(Those wav come from two kinds of Mp3 player record not one.)
hawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2006, 13:38   #45
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Well, you have the option of either following the instructions to make in_dshow the default WAV handler, or you can use in_wave.dll from 5.13 instead.
Old 15th March 2006, 21:26   #46
cruxial

well i found 5.13 on the web and just to be fair i found that the music still skips while i play video games. that might be an issue with the recent update my game had. sucky, now i dont even bother to play games without music :-(

anywho, the wav file failure and dsp plug in failure still linger in 5.21 everything works fine in 5.13, i think i will stick with that one.
cruxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2006, 21:43   #47
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Or, as explained ten times already, you could just use in_wave from 5.13 (no 32-bit float point or multi-user support) or configure in_dshow to handle wav instead (supports all wav formats that old in_wave supported, plus also supports floating-point wav).

As for broken dsp plugins, well, as has always been the case, it's up to the 3rd-party author of said plugin to maintain it so that it's compatible with the latest version of winamp. Have you reported the problem to said 3rd-party pitchfork plugin author yet?
Old 17th March 2006, 13:20   #48
Logy

may be dev team rolled out the new Winamp SDK 5.2x or someting like that, can solved this confusion or conflict with new architecture winamp...

have a nice coding day to benski and the gang...

adios...

The English suffix -logy denotes a field of study or academic discipline.
Logy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2006, 17:27   #49
m_theloosen2

Meta Data in stream

I did know that the metadata didn't work in one verion earlier. But now in 5.21 it have to work.
I have checked de version 5.21 and I still have NO Artist meta data en album meta data in my MSN name. When I have a streaming radio for my friends its nice to have this data in my msn name. I worked always with Toaster a older version but now I tryed the newest version an still I have no meta data in my msn name. I don't understand why this doesn't work. I worked in older versions of Winamp but now it doesn't anymore. I hope you have a Fix.

A Dutchie.
m_theloosen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2006, 10:35   #50
m_theloosen2

Anyone?
m_theloosen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2006, 11:48   #51
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Wrong thread. As with all 3rd-party plugins, you need to contact the Toaster plugin author (shaneh / shane hird) to report any problems (that's assuming the problem is directly related to said plugin, and that you're using the very latest version of Toaster).
Old 19th March 2006, 16:16   #52
Akshaye

Good job!

I just wanted to say that I really like the AAC+ functionality in Winamp and Shoutcast. Sounds great (I've only tested streaming at 64Kbit/s) and seems to work stable (Winamp 5.2 with Shoutcast DSP plugin and NULL output).
What more can you want .
Akshaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 04:54   #53
DarkGhost89

Hi, I have read the faq and look at the list you said you will or have done addressing the problems people have complaint over the new winamp media. While there seems to be alot of issues currently still, the issue that I concern with is the sorting feature. The biggest gripe I have with it is how it sorts now, while I'm pleased you took the time to give a fix to allow us to sort again, compared to the older version I have issues with:

1. When clicking on genre (for example) it is not going alphabetically, (I noticed it been like that for a long time but now there enough to push it to a noticable spot). Currently when I click gerne I see "Freedom" then "Goons" Then "Visonair" then the "A"s. Also I do not like how you seperated the lowercase and uppercase words. I find it annoying how like "Anime" is need the top and "anime" is halfwalf to the bottom.

2. It is taking 2-3 seconds to order them where on other parts it still instantaneous.

3. When one reload winamp, it doesn't remember the setting of where it was sorted at.

Can you please put more attention into that part of the browser again please? At least make lowercase and uppercase together again.
DarkGhost89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 06:09   #54
GoddessOfLight

Quote:
Originally posted by cruxial
I'm very disappointed with the latest update of winamp. First of all I can't play wav files. It is not listed under associated file types. What happened?!? I had to manually enter it under in_wave.dll but even then it doesn't stay there. Also, my favorite dsp plug-in doesn't work with the new version! Pitch fork loads and then it produces error at 216 or something like that. Then I have to un-install the damn thing and and re-install it, which doesn't go very smoothly. Finally, the songs skip when I'm playing video games. What an awful update! From someone who has been using Winamp since day one, I can't comprehend how a new build with bug fixes can come out so bad. Is there a way I can download an older version?
What version would you like.. I have on CD 2.79, then from 5.094 to date......the 4.x ones I lost..never got the 3.0 versions...the 2.79 is the oldest version I have.
GoddessOfLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 06:56   #55
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by GoddessOfLight
the 4.x ones I lost..
ZOMG!, you had the 4.x line and lost them, do you know how rare they are?
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 22:39   #56
skykid

So I just downloaded 5.21 and installed it fully. Ftrom the get go it began having errors and crashing. I suspected it had to do with the skin (MMD3), so I even went to winamp.ini and changed skin= to blank and load with classic original. Even still, when I go to change songs in my playlist, Windows tells me it has crashed and must be shut down. I'm not really sure whether this is just a compatibility issue with my computer, but now I'm forced to use alternate media players. =/
skykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 23:34   #57
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Probably due to some old/incompatible 3rd-party plugin. Try a clean install and only select the components you require in the installer options.
Old 21st March 2006, 02:27   #58
DarkGhost89

So.... is anything going to be done on what I asked DJ?
DarkGhost89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 16:27   #59
osmosis
Major Dude

for those interested about that 4-way plugin that DrO said he'd be interested in working on before he went on sabatical: the old plugin appears to work correctly again as long as you check the "Delay to differentiate between single and double click" option.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2006, 04:03   #60
osmosis
Major Dude

i take that back, it must have been a temporary fluke..

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2006, 22:09   #61
dotme

Craig/DJ Egg

There's been a lot of posts on the shoutcast boards about the YP being way behind on Now Playing. I've noticed it's pretty up to date during off-peak hours, but during US weekday daytime, it can fall up to 3 hours behind. It seems this probem began about the same time as the new Winamp was released. Is it possible that the new Winamp method of pulling SHOUTcast stations is creating an unexpected load on the YP system?

On a side-note, a sticky in the Tech Support forums at SHOUTcast might cut down on the number of new threads this issue is creating.
dotme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2006, 21:06   #62
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

No, I think theres just a lot of work being put into the YP at the moment by those guys. With regards to Now Playing, it was always just an idea of what the station plays than what its currently playing. Remember, the YP doesnt maintain an accurate copy of played track, only the occasional touch.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2006, 00:11   #63
ZoeBallz
T-Girl

Send a message via AIM to ZoeBallz Send a message via Yahoo to ZoeBallz
If it was occasionally correct it wouldnt be so bad. We are talking about a 1-2hr minimum lag in being correct. The listener count is so far behind that by the time a show gets listed with the right nunber of listeners, the show is already over and the show host has been to sleep, got up and had breakfast

And I am NOT exagerating. I HAVE seen it that far behind.

Zoe

Main website....www.zoeballz.tv
Facebook....www.facebook.com/zoeballz
Calling Scammers LIVE ON AIR....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTEcldDQ5LE
ZoeBallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2006, 23:40   #64
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by osmosis
for those interested about that 4-way plugin that DrO said he'd be interested in working on before he went on sabatical: the old plugin appears to work correctly again as long as you check the "Delay to differentiate between single and double click" option.
i've got a basic working internal version of the 4-way icon in gen_tray though i still need to finish the image loading/layout since to match the 4-way plugin i need 7 image segments to match all of the options (internally i've just made it load 7 individual images for a quick implementation). this weekend is about the only time i've got to do any coding for the next few weeks so i'll try to get a working test build of gen_tray out but i make no promises at all for meeting that.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2006, 15:28   #65
Logy

any new development this weeks... i thinks the holiday for dev is over now heheeee....

i'm glad to see the Real DrO is back....

the holiday is good treatment for you ! heh...

adios...

Old 19th April 2006, 16:23   #66
DrO

holiday, what's that?? (i've been working too much ) anyway i'm only part back, i'm still barely coding but have sometime to post around here now.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2006, 03:06   #67
Logy

sorry, i mean vacation, or i misreading this thread, other person go to vacation or need that thing...

ok, good luck for your coding....

have a nice day...

adios!

Old 22nd April 2006, 00:13   #68
JamesT5192

winamp user for 5 years

What did they do that forces me upgrade to the horrible new version to get the shoutcast radio list?

seriously, the interface for the radio is just bad
it's nearly unusable compared to the old, simple version. with that one, you could view what you wanted without having to scroll through 100 listings of crap

This change apparently happened just today. I hope no one else wants to uninstall this piece of crap and find a new player

Last edited by JamesT5192; 22nd April 2006 at 00:34.
JamesT5192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 01:42   #69
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

There's no other player which lists all 13,000 Shoutcast radio streams and the full shoutcast tv dir, so good luck with that, heh.

The changes took place in Winamp 5.20, which came out a few months ago.

So I guess in a way that you're lucky you didn't get to see the original version of Online Services, heh.

Please read the sticky threads before posting.
Old 22nd April 2006, 18:00   #70
JamesT5192

sorry, I was a bit drunk and upset

usually I'm better on forums and do read stickies
I was looking for a place to complain
JamesT5192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 18:56   #71
Darketernal

IM stil having a hell of a hard time ,trying to find my Win shoutcast list back as seen in winamp 5.1 , the new list configuration sucks.

Use google Filosophie, simple = earn millions , complex = users escape thru windows mediaplayer or another competitor.

LISTEN to feedback, bring the old list back NOW!

(make the SET TO OLD LIST button EASY to find please) =)

Darketernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 19:13   #72
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

If you'd care to read first, the old list is found by clicking "Top 500" in the Genre Selection bar along the top, and then checkmarking "remember last search" c/o the Config button, which will make the Shoutcast Radio listings always load with the top 500, just like it did in 5.13.

I guess you missed all that though, just like you missed posting in the correct sticky.

We are listening to user feedback. The poll shows that the vast majority of people are happy. Alas, we can't account for halfwits though :/
Old 23rd April 2006, 13:28   #73
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

And the argument for moving to a competitor is somewhat moot when no competitor offers the number of stations winamp does with its new online services.

Not to mention that built in shoutcast listings is such a small part of winamp.

Old 25th April 2006, 23:35   #74
Winner2

Quote:
Not to mention that built in shoutcast listings is such a small part of winamp.
Comment: Shoutcast listings are not a "small part of Winamp" for those of us who listen to Shoutcast mostly all of the time we use Winamp.
Winner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2006, 01:29   #75
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Yeah, but if you look at the all the combined new features and fixes etc of both Winamp 5.2 and 5.21 (see first post in this thread), Online Services is just one item in a big list. Sure, it's a major feature for people who use Winamp solely for that purpose (which is actually a small percentage of the overall Winamp users - Winamp users worldwide = over 2 million, shoutcast.com current listeners = 140,000), but for other people with plenty of their own music readily available to listen to on their own hard drives (click my sig link for an example) then Online Services is just a small feature... which is why there's separate threads available to discuss said feature (see other stickys for info).

And besides all that, the majority of users are happy. Only the minority are the ones who complain and post. Those that are happy have no need to post anything. I'm just a user like you, and OS works perfectly well for me, I prefer it to the old limited Online Media thing, ie. I'm one of the happy dudes, heh.
(ps. 5.22 will rock).
Old 26th April 2006, 10:17   #76
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Where as contrary, I prefer the old listings to the new ones. I think that it would have been better to adapt the old control to solve the load problems, rather than rewrite.

HOWEVER, I also know that its free, and i have to get it how im given it. I'm also sure that there is a grand plan here to bring winamp more inline with other players.

I also know that if i were able to code, I could trivially write a plugin to do it. And since I can't, I have no argument whatsoever.

Old 8th May 2006, 05:24   #77
Logy

vlc 0.8.5 support Winamp classic skins...

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

adios...

Old 8th May 2006, 12:03   #78
glop

vlc is very powerfull but ugly...
if ever Winamp implement MP4 video and MPEG2 TS (not the MPEG2 for DVD, see the dedicated post) so Winamp will rise again.
glop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 23:15   #79
Auror

Winamp 5.21 .wav problem

Cruxial, et al

I too am having problems with version 5.21 and .wav files.

Specifically, v5.21 will access a .wav file via Open or double-click. However, once the title is posted to the player, Winamp hangs.

Yes, I have done an install on top of previous version (5.13). That didn't work. I have also completetely purged Winamp from my system and done a "clean" install. Still doesn't work...The problem with .wav files is the same in both cases.

This problem does not appear to involve any format other than .wav.

For the moment, I have purged Winamp form my system and done a "clean" install of version 5.13. Everything works fine at that version level.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 23:32   #80
Auror

DJ Egg,

Regarding the version 5.21 .wav problem, I have just re-read your posting of 10 March 2006 and see that you have addressed this issue with a manual fix. Thank you.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion