Old 17th October 2016, 13:52   #1
syradio

Shoutcast Broadcasting

Good Morning
I am trying to broadcast my own radio station from home. I am using Winamp and Shoutcast. The server I use to transmit is listen2myradio. When I listen to my music by winamp it hears fine but as soon as I go to the Radio Station Link to listen to the radio online it just sounds too fast. I use MP3 format on my music and I am runing my codec at 48kbps, 22050Hz, Mono although I have tried diferent kbps either going up or down and its the same problem.
Last time I donwloaded VirtualDJ and I was able to transmit without a problem. I just decided to go by Winamp because its more familiar for me and also because shoutcast is free...I am just starting with this so I dont need something PRO.
If someone has another option of program I can use I would be happy to try too. I also have installed ZaraRadio which I tried with winamp and Shoutcast but it continues sounding the same. The speed of the song accelerates by itself.
I would muchly appreciate your help ASAP.
Blessing and have a great day all!

SYRadio
syradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 12:56   #2
clmiami

Change your files to 128k, 44100hz. Also, you might need to set them to Constant Bit Rate.

What operating system / platform are you using to transmit up to Shoutcast?
clmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast For Business & Monetization