Old 28th July 2007, 15:07   #1
okie44e

winamp wont install

every time i try to install winamp on this computer when it gets to installing sonic runtime my cpu goes to 100% and nothing else happens. i have waited for 30 min in this mode and it never changes, i open task manager and it says installer is running but it wont go past sonic runtime. i have a windows xp with service pack 2 and running mcafee anti virus and i have turned it off to install winamp and that didnt help. i have run all my programs to take out hijackers and it still wont install. any sugestions? i would like to get pro but dont dare until i can install it. thanks
i have installed all the vb6 runtimes. this is the only program that wont install. help
okie44e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2007, 21:58   #2
okie44e

ok i have tried the clean install and reinstall instructions the full uninstall and reinstall, a soon as the installation starts the sonic installation it stops the installation. any help?
Old 28th July 2007, 22:27   #3
okie44e

more info

ok one more thing and just let me know if i am going to be ignored.
mother board is ASUS/ABAE-LE
cpu is ADM athlon 62 3200+2.0 GHZ
sound card AC97 audio intergrated
video card intergrated
ram memory is 2.93GB ram
windows xp service pack 2
directx version directx 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
winamp version 5.35
type is full installation
i tried to use shared settings
since winamp wont fully install i cant furnish any more information till it will install.
hope i at least get a answer if there is anything else i need to do or just forget the whole download?
Old 29th July 2007, 01:04   #4
JonnyMac

Make sure no other versions of Winamp (if any) are running during the time of install.

If you have any Sonic products (including MS Digital Photo Studio) make sure any of them not running during the install of Winamp as well.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 01:19   #5
okie44e

dont have any of them i know of, i even tried to install it in safemode and always made sure in task manager notning was running. i tried all they said in the forum sticky so i dont know, i even went to register and deleted all there and even the folders in program files and tried to reinstall. guess i am just going to give up on it and find another player. thanks
Old 29th July 2007, 01:32   #6
JonnyMac

Well, you still want to give Winamp a try, you could try installing Winamp without the Sonic Engine.

In the Choose Components section (second window/screen) of the Winamp installer, click the plus sign next to 'Audio File Support'. The options tree will expand and there you can uncheck 'Sonic Ripping/Burning Support'.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 02:13   #7
okie44e

ok that worked but i guess i wont be able to bun a cd, but thats ok for now. guess i have something sonic on my computer that stops that part, thanks for the help
Old 4th April 2008, 20:09   #8
aplusjimages

I was having the same problem. This fixed it. I do have Sonic software on my computer. Unfortunately I can't uninstall them because they don't have an uninstall option.
aplusjimages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 01:32   #9
lixena

Send a message via Yahoo to lixena
Winamp Pro has CD Burning capabilities.
lixena is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support