Old 9th August 2013, 13:04   #1
Susansinkus

Writing Too Small

Is there a way to make the text in the media player a bit bigger. The writing in the playlist etc is almost too small to read Thank u
Susansinkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 13:07   #2
DrO

preferences -> playlist -> increase the font size.
also depending on the skin, you can increase the scaling of the skin.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 13:59   #3
Susansinkus

Winamp JUkebox

How do I make my playlist etc text bigger the writing of the songs are so small I can hardly see them
Old 15th August 2013, 14:09   #4
DrO

this seems to be becoming a habit for you - someone posts a reply to a question you ask and you then make another post asking the same thing and ignore the reply which was made to the original post.

in future, use http://forums.winamp.com/member.php?u=38614 to find your previous threads and to see what reply(s) have been made before posting the same thing - not doing so is annoying to the person(s) who replied and is less likely people will want to deal with your questions / issues in the future.

so i have merged these threads and strongly suggest you take heed of the information i have posted in the paragraph above (as i love wasting time merging threads and having to post what is effectively a warning).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2013, 04:21   #5
Susansinkus

Sorry I was never informed that I got an answer. I would get a notification before. Again sorry for bothering u
Old 20th August 2013, 04:35   #6
Susansinkus

Just did as u said It said enlarge playlist but not increase font size am I looking in the wrtong preferences
Old 20th August 2013, 16:05   #7
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi,

Notification is hit and miss. It's inconvenient, but better to just manually check back from time to time. Logged in or not, you can click on your name and be taken to your profile screen (as DrO suggested). From there you can select the "Statistics" tab and view the beginning of all posts and/or threads you have made (and see how many replies and views have occurred for each one).

On the General Preferences - Playlist options screen I don't see anything about "enlarge playlist". I do see "Playlist font size, in pixels" and a box next to it where you can enter a value. Below that is where you can select the font type.

As you know some font types are larger at the same font size than other font types, so you may want to experiment with both the type and size to get to something that is easier for you to read. What I do is use Windows "Word Pad" to type a test phrase multiple times (copy & paste), then change the font type and/or size for each one to get an idea how different fonts and/or sizes look next to each other.

In Winamp, I'm using Verdana at size 14 on a 1920x1080 screen resolution. Kinda small, but readable for me.

Winamp v5.9.0.9999 - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v22H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support