Old 10th September 2000, 00:49   #1
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Hey, you guys ever visit the dark side (Sonique forums) to see who ya know givin props to Sonique?
Mulefire, do you use BOTH Winamp and Sonique? or are you just too bored to stick to one forum?
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2000, 00:56   #2
sgtfuzzbubble011

I've only visited the Sonique forums once. Never posted anything, though.

------------------
Give me NyQuil and no one gets hurt!
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2000, 01:50   #3
Mulefire

Moi, in the Sonique forums??? Must be an imposter

Heh, no I freely admit it I use MORE than one MP3 player...da da daaa!!! Hey I'm still standing...wheeee! I won't bore you with reasons etc, I'm just you know sitting on the fence watching the world go by..

I admit that the Sonique forums are pretty dark and scary though. I try to post replies to most of the questions. There's not many people who actually help out there so it's good to "give" a little..heh

Honestly the only reason I came to the WinAMP forums was becuase of Bilbo Baggins's post! There you can blame him now.. heh heh, That and SLK trying to restrain the masses

Well there you go, traitor me!

Mule.

------------------
The surest sign there is intellegent life in the Universe is that they havn't come to visit us yet - Calvin & Hobbes
Mulefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2000, 01:56   #4
sgtfuzzbubble011

Nah. It's cool. To be honest, I've got Sonique, K-Jofol, Winplay3, and a few others on my puter, too. I only use Winamp anymore, though. It's the best by far. I've got <gasp> MMJB on my puter, but I've never used it. My father put it there and I just haven't gotten rid of it yet. I turned him to Winamp and now that's all he uses.

------------------
Old 10th September 2000, 05:52   #5
rm'
Banned

Mule, what are you're reasons for using more then one mp3 player? I need some sleep anyway
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2000, 06:24   #6
Mulefire

Heh, just for that I'll tell you!

I am a complete eye-candy moronic type person. i.e. I lurve Object Desktoop / LiteStep etc etc...ooh pretty shiny things.

This means that I like a player to look good. My definition of good here is anything not rectangular. (Ahem) So I use Sonique for a nice looking visual thing to go with my other nice looking visual things. I like the neatness and compactness of it, and the different sizes help blend with my different themes etc.

Of course any avid user will immediately point out that all this eye candy really sucks the power out of your computer. Exactly, so when I want to listen to some MP3's and do some SERIOUS work (aka PhotoShop, VB, Dreamweaver etc) I dump everything and fire up WinAmp. I like the small windowshade mode, I love the playlist that actually works! In short it chugs away happily in the background whilst I get on with other things.

Now when it comes to sound quality, I really could not comment much, my system is crap anyway, but I uses DFX in both Sonique and WinAmp and they both sound pretty similar if not identical to me.

So decoder engines aside, for me it comes down to whatever I happen to need at that particular time. I admit it, I just love the way Sonique looks, it is buggy as hell and really annoying at times (how difficult is it to open a text stream to save some settings for example!) but the skins do it for me...(oh how sad I know...heh)

Of course there are other players on my system, like CoolPlayer for when I just have to have as many sys resources as possible, UltraPlayer for saving Internet Radio streams, WMP7 for absolutely nothing as it is the crappest thing I have ever come across!!! Urgle and even Cubic Player for, hell I don't know...when for some bizzare reason I am working in DOS and suddenly want to listen to an MP3...it happens.

Now before someone start harping on about how WinAmp does everything! I know there are plugins that let it do most things but I have found that plugins are just bad and either slow WinAmp down or crash it. I stear clear of most now aside from the visuals.

Come WinAmp 3 who knows, if it supports skinning simmilar to Sonique then maybe I'll never use Sonique again. Of course there is Sonique 2 to look forward to which looks like it is going to be pretty swanky. Who knows, I find that aside from Cool Player they're all getting far too much into the bloatware catagories. sigh. I don't want no stupid Minibrowser or MP3 search boxes! Give me simple, nice looking, stable and small anyday.

Mule
(writing on the WinAmp forum with Sonique playing in the background...bad bad bad bad bad!)

Edit - Ooh my....I'm a Member now..gosh

------------------
The surest sign there is intellegent life in the Universe is that they havn't come to visit us yet - Calvin & Hobbes

[This message has been edited by Mulefire (edited September 09, 2000).]
Old 10th September 2000, 06:44   #7
sgtfuzzbubble011

You speak incredible truth, Mule. I'm really glad you're around.

------------------
Old 10th September 2000, 07:00   #8
WolfieD

me too. welcome aboard. and btw, i could never type and type and type and make it look pretty like you. i dont use caps, just punctuation. and lots of sexy little commas, cuz they are just so sexy. now whered i put the valium. [img]http://wolfied14.***********/smile.gif[/img]

------------------
WolfieD - Pointing out incredible stupidity in the world since 1985.
http://wolfied.cjb.net
WolfieD's Den: Go there or die! Did I mention that its better than sex with your hand?
Old 10th September 2000, 07:03   #9
sgtfuzzbubble011

Hehe... My smilie's cooler.

------------------
Old 10th September 2000, 07:04   #10
WolfieD

But my smilie shows supreme misguided feelings towards his past childhoo... oh fuck it. i need to get into my gif making mode. yes. i know what to do. be back later... muahahaha

------------------
WolfieD - Pointing out incredible stupidity in the world since 1985.
http://wolfied.cjb.net
WolfieD's Den: Go there or die! Did I mention that its better than sex with your hand?
Old 10th September 2000, 07:07   #11
sgtfuzzbubble011

Me too. [evil voice] Hehehe....... [/evil voice]

------------------
Old 10th September 2000, 07:27   #12
sgtfuzzbubble011

How about this smilie?.....

Not big enough? Well then, how about this one?...

------------------
Old 10th September 2000, 08:29   #13
rm'
Banned

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Chev, I think we found who ate your posts
Old 10th September 2000, 12:38   #14
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Someone make a bigger smiley!:P

------------------
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2000, 23:00   #15
rm'
Banned

He he he... Yoa asked for it

complete with sunspots and a corona!

WARNING: NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MODEM OVERLOAD
Old 10th September 2000, 23:03   #16
rm'
Banned

Whoa! It takes a minute and a half to load this page on my 56k!
Old 10th September 2000, 23:11   #17
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Send a message via ICQ to Jayn Send a message via AIM to Jayn
WOW! ROFL! The Happy Planet! For some weird reason, he reminds me of the StaPuff Marshmallow Man!

------------------
Jayn
http://members.xoom.com/WSDskins
Jayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2000, 23:29   #18
rm'
Banned

Oh yeah, maybe I should mention it's best viewed at 1280x1024 (yeah, you read that right). Then, it'll actually fit on one screen, believe it or not.
Old 11th September 2000, 00:01   #19
rm'
Banned

Made a really cool blue glow. Fucked up the sun spots though, but who cares! I'll fix it later.
Old 11th September 2000, 00:51   #20
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Looks like he needs some NeoSporin!

------------------
Jayn
Old 11th September 2000, 03:00   #21
KambeStad

So here's the big question, will this turn into a big pic/disscution post like the lame winamp adds?

For the record, I used to use sonique AND winamp, but little glitches and things just got to be too much for me, so I upgraded

------------------
"Many are cold, but few are frozen."
KambeStad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2000, 07:17   #22
Mulefire

Oooh...urgh....arrgh....cough..splutter...smiley familiar...too familar!!! Urgh...going into shock...(ack)...must stop flashbacks...-spasm-..eek...crrrick...jrrgh...

Who's bright idea was it to put smilies on tabs anyway? Sheesh...now look what you've done... it's the traily time again..sigh..oh well no sleep for me tonight Aaargh..where did that come from...

Mule.
(Who really is going to bed now..sheesh post-o-rama tonight!)

------------------
Old 11th September 2000, 07:43   #23
rm'
Banned

Umm... yeah... right

Well anyway, gave him a good healthy dose of Oxy, so now his acne cleared up
Old 11th September 2000, 20:32   #24
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
Oh my god- ted kennedy's head is invading earth!
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2000, 21:51   #25
sgtfuzzbubble011

Damnit RM! You caught my modem on fire! My smilie was pushin' the limits, but yours is just plain rediculous! I'll get you back.....

------------------
Old 12th September 2000, 05:17   #26
sgtfuzzbubble011

Ok. You want big? You got big. It's not quite as good lookin' as RM's big ass smilie, but it's a helluva lot bigger. In fact, it's so damn big, I had to link to it.

One really damn huge frickin' smilie.jpeg

Caution: It's really big.

------------------
Old 12th September 2000, 05:30   #27
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Hmmm.....I guess size DOES matter, huh?

------------------
Jayn
Old 12th September 2000, 05:34   #28
rm'
Banned

That's fucking grotesque, dude.
Old 12th September 2000, 05:36   #29
rm'
Banned

Oh yeah, maybe now's the time to make a confession. Mine's just your second one with a bunch of gnarly Photoshop effects done to it and better teeth
Old 12th September 2000, 06:16   #30
sgtfuzzbubble011

It is isn't it? Hmm... Good job. I'm still the Smilie King, though. My screen only goes up to 1280x1024, so it took me a while to get that last one done. It's about 1600 pixels in diameter. Kewl, huh? Did I mention that it's big?

------------------
Old 12th September 2000, 07:19   #31
rm'
Banned

Hey dude, ya can't get much bigger than the Sun, so to you. Mine's technically bigger. Ya see, I if made it to scale, I woulda sent you scurrying to Computer City to replace all those RAM chips I overloaded
Old 12th September 2000, 22:04   #32
sgtfuzzbubble011

We'll see about that.....

------------------
Old 12th September 2000, 23:33   #33
sgtfuzzbubble011

Although it's not quite as big as RM's in pixels, mine is 'technically' bigger. So back to ya. If you want to be technical, then this is bigger. If you like pixels, my previous smilie was bigger. So, either way, I'm still the Smilie King.

------------------
Old 12th September 2000, 23:37   #34
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

oh my fucks that's huge

------------------
Sex Kitten Extraordinaire

"Hell hath no fury like a kitten scorned"
SexyLoserKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2000, 05:12   #35
KambeStad

Isn't this something NASA should be alerting us to? Or was that just the president...

And for the record, how big IS the Death Star compared with the earth?
KambeStad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2000, 05:44   #36
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to ReDVsion Send a message via AIM to ReDVsion Send a message via Yahoo to ReDVsion
I Have a confession to make... I use coolplayer. Yes, I know it's blasphemy to use another media player besides winamp, but just know I don't use it near as much. It IS pretty fuckin' fast tho'. I mean, if you're not lookin for stuff like visualizations, it's great. Plus, it's got some really great skins, probably the best good/bad skins ratio for players, or at least close. Personally I like the skins better than sonique, and it's only 150k. Can't argue w/ that. I also use K-jolfol (this is pretty recent), largely for the dock mode, tho' I haven't gotten any skins for it yet. They look pretty cool, tho', so I know that winamp 3's skins are in good hands.

I don't even know why I wasted the bandwidth to d/l WMP7. It sucks ass.

AAAAAARRRRRGH! SMILEYS! SHIT! TOOO... FUCKING.... HAPPY.... That WAS a good smiley tho', RM.

YES! A LS user on the forums! Your sins for using a god-awful player like sonique are partially forgiven. Now I can bitch to YOU about my problems I'm having with it! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Have you gotten plastik shell v1.8/Did you get it to work/Gimme your step.rc file. Anybody who is perfectly comfortable with editing a text file and laughs when your computer gives you shit (and formats your HD just to show it who's boss) should use litestep. It eliminates the 2nd most buggy element (IMO) of windows, explorer (the 1st being windows itself).

Does anyone else take it as a challenge when your comp doesn't do something/gives you an error? Just asking. I just love it when I'm messing w/ LS and all of a sudden I reboot and it tells me I need to reinstall windows.
ReDVsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2000, 05:46   #37
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to ReDVsion Send a message via AIM to ReDVsion Send a message via Yahoo to ReDVsion
BTW, the death star was called a "small moon" in "A New Hope", so i'd assume it's about the size of our moon, which is still pretty fuckin' big.
Old 13th September 2000, 05:51   #38
rm'
Banned

Give me a link to where I can get the theme, and your exact problems, and I'll see what I can do.
Old 13th September 2000, 21:28   #39
sgtfuzzbubble011

Yes, the Death Star is smaller than Earth. I just put the planet off to one side to show it in it's entirity. The Death Star is supposed to be the closest thing in the pic, even though it doesn't look like it. And besides, who said that was the Earth and Sun? If ya don't stop complaining about it, I'll make a bigger one!

------------------
Old 13th September 2000, 21:37   #40
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Ya, you can get Plastik @ litestep.net: http://www.litestep.net/download.php...plastik.18.zip
I'd use it, but aside from it freezing my comp (i'm too lazy to localize the problem, so I just disabled some crap), popup.dll doesn't seem to work. Normally I'd mess with the step.rc file, but right now I'm too lazy (like I said), and it's bigger than what I normally try to deal with. cool theme, tho'. Maybe I'll check it out this weekend. BTW, seeing as how you're probably much more of an advanced LS user than I am (only been using it for a week. What's this "learning curve" i've been hearing about?), what's your favorite theme?

In short, my exact problems are I'm lazy, so If you feel like wasting your time on another person (not recommended), go ahead and see if you can get it to work. Maybe it'll work right away for you. I dunno.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist