Old 8th September 2000, 10:04   #1
Mulefire

What kind of frigging crappy like country is this? We found an abandoned cat today and phoned the Animal Rescue office who not so politely told us to f**k off as they only work until 8:00 pm! What kind of crap is that? As it is we had to leave the cat because our own kitty has not had it's second vacinations yet so there was a danger of fip or fiv etc. There was noone who could come get it and they would not even like let us take it to them!!! I'm sorry but I am frigging pissed right about now...sheeesh... So now I have to wait until tomorrow to see if the poor kitty is still there and then try phoning them... (I am even more pissed because we used to run a Ferret shelter in Scotland, so we know what it is like..)

Grrr... grrrrr and thrice grrrrr..!!!

Mule

------------------
The surest sign there is intellegent life in the Universe is that they havn't come to visit us yet - Calvin & Hobbes
Mulefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2000, 10:13   #2
Billhoofa

I've got four cats. and I just found out one is preggers. I know, I know I shoulda had her fixed. But I thought she was a he! If feel like a fucking moron. anyone want a cuuuute black kitty? SLK??
Old 8th September 2000, 10:15   #3
Teufel Diener

The traditional "call the firemen to rescue poor kittie out of tree" thing is a myth. Believe me, they get pissed if you call. Worthless pricks...have to pay $50 fo a professional tree trimmer the last time this happened to me...

Which raises the question: Why the fuck is it illegal to own a ferret in California??
Or a hedgheog, for that matter! What the hell is a hedghog going to do? Roll up into a ball and attack people?? Christ, the weird pet laws in this state...

------------------
Sonique? Fuck that shit! Winamp Blue Ribbon!
malevolent_prosector@hotmail.com
Gimme my signature pic back, you fascists!
Teufel Diener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2000, 16:41   #4
Mulefire

Oooh don't get me started on the Ferret laws in California.... I could rant and rave for a LONG time on that one! Well actually on just about any ferret related story really..

The Animal Rescue place was the nearest I could find to the RSPCA in the UK (Royal Society for the Provention of Cruelty to Animals). The Animal Rescue department in Portland is a Police sub division...what galls me is that you get 50 cops chasing and attacking a poor sod who stole a bottle of Fresh Samamtha but not one when it comes to anything even remotely humanitarian... Sigh... and it's not like they're busy elsewhere, trust me on this, in Portland the cops really do not have a lot to do (which is I suppose why the whole frigging department rushes to the scene of a fender bender!)

Oh and see the idiot on the other end of the phone, his only suggestion was to "take it home yourselves". Now that's fine, but when we mentioned that we already have a young kitten that still needs it's second batch of shots he was like so "duh...and??" I mean if they don't know enough about basic health issues what is happening to the cats they DO manage to take in...

I'm most agrieved...have to write an obnoxious letter to the paper me thinks... of course that's not going to help the cat from last night... sigh

Mule

Edit - Protection??? Provention!

------------------
The surest sign there is intellegent life in the Universe is that they havn't come to visit us yet - Calvin & Hobbes

[This message has been edited by Mulefire (edited September 08, 2000).]
Old 8th September 2000, 23:34   #5
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

Sorry hon..I can't take the kitten in..i have four cats, a dog and a rabbit..so we're a bit overloaded hehe...but i have a black kitten too..his name is Bagheera..he's a fukcing riot..anyway back to topic
/slaps self for not staying on topic
it's a shame that so many people would've just probably kicked that little cat out of the way...I work for a clothing store, and one time a lady came in with a tiny kitten, barely six weeks old, asking if naybody wants it...to make a long story short, she leaves, but later i go top straighten out the bras, and there's the same kitten roaming around crying..i picked it up and took it to my boss, who then told me to throw it out on the street cause she hates cats...i actually started crying right there in the middle of the store...luckily, the assistant manager took him home and now takes care of him...but it really pisses me off about how people can be so heartless as to throw an innocent creature out on the street without a feeling or pity or remorse..it breaks my heart to see so many animals killed by cars and buses because nobody has the will or sympathy to take it and bring it to a shelter..what gets me even more mad is people that burn or beat animals (namely cats) just for the hell of it..about a year or 2 ago, some assholes in north philly decided to set a little kitten on fire just to hear it cry....i mean...the fuckin nerve...
ok ok ok..i have to stop this..i'm getting myself all upset and teary....
anyway...Mule, that was a great thing that you did...there's not many people that would do that..they would say that they would do it, but it's all talk and no action...anyway, i have to get off this subject now, cause this kinda shit really upsets me...sorry for the long ass rant people...

------------------
Sex Kitten Extraordinaire

"Hell hath no fury like a kitten scorned"
SexyLoserKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2000, 00:08   #6
theelf

I collect all the strays that get dropped off along the roadway so I can understand your feelings but unfortunately everyone does not feel that way. The best that we can hope to do is to get em fixed so they don't reproduce. cats and dogs can reproduce at a rate that it is impossible to take care of them all. Most people only do what they get paid for and nothing else.
theelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2000, 00:43   #7
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

I think that it is a real shame that so many animals get chucked out like that. But you have to remember that a lot of them get thrown out not because people want to, but because they cannot afford to keep the animal, and don't know where else to turn.

------------------
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2000, 01:17   #8
WolfieD

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SexyLoserKitten:
Sorry hon..I can't take the kitten in..i have four cats, a dog and a rabbit..so we're a bit overloaded hehe...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought you had an iguana too, didnya?

------------------
WolfieD - Pointing out incredible stupidity in the world since 1985.
http://wolfied.cjb.net
WolfieD's Den: Go there or die! Did I mention that its better than sex with your hand?
Old 9th September 2000, 01:41   #9
Mulefire

-sigh- I know just how you feel SLK... It's not a pleasant subject as it tends to arouse emotions best left alone. People can be so darn cruel and think nothing of it. Our own little kitty, Monkey, is a rescue. She was never fed and was mauled by the owners dog (the last of 5 kittens, the others did not make it). She was pretty much on deaths door when we got her so we took her in really just so that she would not die alone and unloved. Luckily though after a pretty terrible night with much nail biting and no sleep she actually pulled through. So now we have a small but healthy multipawed monkey!

The problem with strays is that there are just so many diseases out there, I mean there are no vacinations to guard against feline leukimia etc. Bringing a stray home can be a death sentence for any other cats you might have. Even handling a stray cat can be fatal if you don't decontaminate when you get home. Most people who find a stray are not going to spend the money to have a vet check it out. There is always a price put upon human kindness.

I wish there were more people like theelf out there but there will never be enough. I wish people would stop being so darn cruel..and I wish that people who get animals really think about how much it is going to cost them, not just food etc but future vets bills and ownership rights. I know Biblo that people don't always get rid of animals out of cruelty. Circumstances change we all know that. What charities there are trying to help are underfunded and cannot cover half the ground they would like and as for the state run programs...as I found out last night they are really nothing more than a joke.

In Scotland we were part of the Scottish Ferret Club. The club used to raise money at fairs etc so that we could take in unwanted ferrets and get them all their vacinations and fixed if they needed it, before rehoming them. It worked pretty well and in fact we found that we could even make a little bit of money for things like education leaflets etc. It was not much but it was a little bit. That's all it takes, just somewhere where people can take an unwanted animal and not face recriminations, just pay a small donation and know that it'll be looked after.

I'm not going to write anymore on this as this is not the place for it. I'm just pissed in general and going to go do some cheery up type stuff...like NOT reading Watership Down

Mule.

------------------
Old 9th September 2000, 02:31   #10
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

Yeah...I did have an iggie named Jub Jub but sadly he passed...i'm with you I can't talk on this subject without getting all heated about it so i'm just gonna leave it alone...I just don't think that my deepest beliefs are meant for the boards

------------------

Old 9th September 2000, 02:39   #11
Billhoofa

The anti-Ferret laws in California are based on keeping non-native species from being introduced that might fuck up the ecological balance. A ferret, escaped or let go might rapidly reproduce and wipe out some small mouse type population or whack a certain bird population, that might mean a certain bug population will rapidly grow (having had it's predator eliminated causing crop decimation or disease)...you can see the pattern. Same reason you can't use live bait in many lakes and streams. Those minnows might grow into full grown fish and wipe out other types.

It can seem arbitrary to the individual not being allowed to own a ferret or whatever, but with 60 million people here, someone's got to try and contain things.

That's the theory anyway. Like it or not.
Old 9th September 2000, 03:31   #12
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I take strays, got a whole harem full of honeys!
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2000, 04:22   #13
Mulefire

Anti-Ferret laws in California.... I agree with your basic premise on ecosystems but not relating to the domestic ferret. I'll not press the issue here as it is not the time or the place but instead suggest alt.pets.ferret for some interesting debate on this very subject.

Mule

------------------
Old 9th September 2000, 07:19   #14
sgtfuzzbubble011

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sexyloserkitten:
what gets me even more mad is people that burn or beat animals (namely cats) just for the hell of it..about a year or 2 ago, some assholes in north philly decided to set a little kitten on fire just to hear it cry.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a black kitty, too. When I read this, I actually started to cry. I don't cry over many things, but this just pushed me over the top.

------------------
Give me NyQuil and no one gets hurt!
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2000, 18:10   #15
Mulefire

I can second that sgtfuzzbubble99.

I find that just reading about animals suffering upsets me more that when I hear about people. If you think about it thats a pretty terrible thing, yet somehow unless it is someone close the empathy seems oddly distant. I'm not a particularily great fan of people, I find most of the ones I meet are downright obnoxious or just plain awful (Present company excluded of course!) So maybe that is it. Personally I believe it is becuase we view animals as innocents caught up in a fate of our own causing and people...well what people do we look upon as truly innocent anymore?

It's a pretty sad f**ked up world with rare occasional moments of delicious beutifying sunshine.

Mule.

------------------
Old 9th September 2000, 19:57   #16
rm'
Banned

As I've said before, my favorite animal is steak (he he he... I'll probably get 'flamed' for that )

I don't get what's the big deal. If we can incinerate, nuke, decapitate, slash open, draw and quarter our fellow man, why not do the same to a kitty? We got stop doing these things to ourselves before we do it to animals, or call ourselves hypocrits.

How can you feed a cat hundreds of cans of cat food (beef, chicken, fish) a year, and hand out only a few grains of rice to that poor starving kid in Ethiopia?
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2000, 00:24   #17
sgtfuzzbubble011

That's because humans are the only species on the planet that can grasp the concept of overpopulation. If they didn't want those little kids in Ethiopia to starve, they wouldn't have been born.

------------------
Old 10th September 2000, 00:29   #18
Bilbo Baggins

The Ethic in most third world countries, is more children, more money. The reason so many children are born over there is because their parets need the money,but there is no jobs, and no soil to farm, so there are more starving choldren.

Some people put hamsters in the microwave, to watch it expand and cook.

Koreans eat Kittys.
Old 10th September 2000, 00:36   #19
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

If you see a dog on the streets in the Phillipines, he's on his way to the Buffet line (as selections #3, 4 and 5!)
Old 10th September 2000, 02:48   #20
rm'
Banned

SO your gonna fuck your wife/significant other/dog twice as much just to watch your kids starve?

The point is it's unethical to save all these animals and the very next day, start a nuclear war with your neighbour, or set fire to the local orphanage

Just because people are hit by hard circumstances, it's not fair to just bruch em off

As for dog eating, what would a hindu think of our treatment of cattle? It ain't fair to judge other people's taste. Some people keep pigs as pets. we eat them.
Old 10th September 2000, 12:42   #21
Bilbo Baggins

I know someone who keeps and breeds rabbit with the sole intent of cooking em.

------------------
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
Old 11th September 2000, 17:53   #22
ciaoamica

Ok, as I read along and listen to everyone bitching about animal cruelity, which upsets me just as much, but I have to stop and wonder what everyone things

Forget it I was going somewhere with this, but the more I think about it the more pissed off I get.
ciaoamica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2000, 18:27   #23
ciaoamica

I can't let this die. It thrills me to see that there is soooo much compassion here for animals, and I must admit that I too have that same compassion, but when I hear about a teenage mother giving birth to a baby and leaving it in a trash can or in a toilet I have to wonder what the hell as happened to society. There was a time when if a woman became pregnant she was a mother, no ifs ands or buts. Currently it has become almost an every day occerence to hear about a teenage mother that has dumped her newborn baby into a dumbster. Being a parent, I cant understand what exactly someone is thinking at that very moment. You just gave birth to another human, but not just any human but your own flesh and blood, and you turn around and throw it away like it was a piece of bad meat that you just got from a store. Some of you may not understand this until you have a child or your own, some of may already understand this, and some of you may not even give a damn. That is your opinion. Someone answer this one little question: What the hell would compell you to do something as drastic as this? If you are just scared that your parents are going to find out that you are having sex, then you are more f*cked up then I could image. Who the hell cares what other people think of you just because you are having sex and having a baby. What do you think they are going to think of you when you kill your newborn baby.

Alright, I'm done for now. Sorry if I BORED anyone, but I feel better, no not really but who the hell cares!
ciaoamica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2000, 20:27   #24
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
I'm with RM all the way- the best animal
is steak. Maybe even with a side of Veal

Adding to an earlier statement on Anti
Ferret laws in California, they are also
considered farm pests if i'm correct.

I think someone should take some kind of
sausage and ground beef pie and throw it at
the president of the PETA- I hate that lady
more than anything =)

Xerxes
I'm not a heartless person- really
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2000, 00:00   #25
rm'
Banned

I'm fucking really pissed off at the state of human compassion these days. It just gives me a hernia thinking about it.

All these fucking moronic enviromentalists preaching about "saving the world for future generations" when they don't give a shit about the present generation. How the hell are we supposed to have a future generation when half the population is fucking starving to death?!?

And these dumb animal protection laws! Don't get me wrong, I love animals and think that they should never be subjected to undue cruelty, but how the hell do you lock up a guy cuz he overfed a horse to death! What about all those obese people who aren't getting medical treatment? And all those folks who aren't getting food at all, let alone medical treatment?

Why the hell do we care about animals so much when we couldn't care less for the guy next door.

What really gets down my skin are those damned vegetarians who support abortion AS A MEANS OF BIRTH CONTROL! Oh yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I'm not gonna feed myself cuz I'm gonna harm some poor innocent little animal, but I'm gonna burn my own flesh and blood with acid cuz I didn't think to use the pill or ask my partner to use a condom.

FOR FUCKS SAKE THERE JUST BLOODY ANIMALS! I just don't understand why some people will spend millions to protect some bloody swamp that's festering with malaria-ridden mosquitoes but only spend a dime a day to build basic infrastructure and provide clean, potable water.

We've really got our priorities fucked up. Do you honestly believe that some starving villager would want to protect that last water buffalo from poachers? NO! he'll wanna eat it. Saving animals before getting to the people will only cause those starving people to resent you. Sure, save the whales and all that shit after you've fed the hungry, housed the homeless, donated to the poor, treated the ill, etc...

There are just too many problems in the world to protect the environment with the zealous fervor some people have. Some people would rather have a forest stand than have hundreds of starving people have a steady source of income. You just can't dick around with the progress of thirdworld countries

The state of the world is falling apart from all the petty squabbles from zealots and their converts. Special interest groups are tearing the fabrc of society, and disenfranchising many, turning them to terrorism and crime, or death.

If people set their collective minds with one task, they can complete it really quickly. Just look at the miniscule amount of time it took to create the A-Bomb or land a man on the moon.

Now imagine we put that power to work on solving poverty. Sure, there will always be poverty and hunger, but we can sure as hell lessen it a lot. Then, we could spend all the money we want on animals. People should be our number one priority. If you don't care about people, you just don't care about yourself. A cat isn't your brother, a dog isn't your mother; then why are you treating that way?

I'm not bitching at specific people; I just hate those fucking organizations like Greenpeace and PETA that think animals have more of a right to live than a person.

I pass homeless people every fucking day of my life. I only see a stray cat once in a while. A cat is more prepared to live in teh wild. People aren't. They got claws too hunt; we don't. They got fur to protect them in winter; we don't. It's just as simple as that. A starving person is as helpless as kitty, but the big difference is that person could have a make a huge positve contribution to society. The kitty will be forgotten after a couple of years. Who would YOU feed?
Old 12th September 2000, 00:52   #26
Bilbo Baggins

can i ask you RM, when you personally pass these Homeless people, do you give them any loose change you may happen to have, or do you ever buy the big issue?

------------------
Old 12th September 2000, 00:58   #27
rm'
Banned

Buy the big issue?

Yeah, I give them spare change, but I also drop off stray kitties at the shelter.
Old 12th September 2000, 02:12   #28
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Animals..........hmmmm.......yet you go out and eat them perty cows, sheep, lobsters(not exactly beauties), salmon, crabs(not the std kind), buffalo, and god knows what else!
Old 12th September 2000, 02:16   #29
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

OH, and don't forget those adorable little piggies!!!
Old 12th September 2000, 02:16   #30
sgtfuzzbubble011

I've got an idea. How about we just nuke the planet and get it over with?

------------------
Old 12th September 2000, 02:18   #31
sgtfuzzbubble011

Chev, good timing. It caused me to make a double post... Wait a minute, I'm supposed to blame UBB and IE for this. Damn you UBB and IE!

[This message has been edited by sgtfuzzbubble99 (edited September 11, 2000).]
Old 12th September 2000, 05:41   #32
Xilia

RM,

Pissed off with human compassion?!! You mean to say that you have actually found some swimming around in the cesspit of greed, mistrust,lies and motivations that compose humanity!

There are to many humans fucking up the world as it is. What we need is Mother Nature to step in with some good ol population control... World famine, Flood or other disaster would do nicely.

If you are worried about half the world starving (which is a natural indicator for the need of a population cull), then stop moning about it! Get your little hiney off that chair and go out and have a food drive- volanteer to drill wells in 3rd world countries, adopt a granny... just don't sit there and moan about other people being passionate about helping a cause, whether that cause should benefit human, plant or animal, at least they are contributing something good to the world.

Humans are the ones going around destroying environmental habitats, hell even other cultures for profit, so why should some of us not give a little back to balance it all out again?

If humans had not interfeared in the cats life and kept it all warm and cozy in their home eating tinned mush with de-clawed toes before tossing it onto the street, then no it would not need help and could prob. survive just fine on the city streets. If you did see a cat on the street that was obviously once a pet and just ribs are you saying you would just leave it?

I don't consider myself fanatical, but I do try to help anyone or anything that needs a hand or just a smile to make it to the next day.

Xilia
Xilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2000, 05:58   #33
rm'
Banned

Drill wells in third world countries? If I had the money to fly over their, yeah, i'd do it. And who says I don't hold food drives?

Humans are animals just like everything else, and our natural habitat just happens to be cities and farms. If, on our march towards self-destruction, we take along a few animal species, so be it. There were countless others before it, and there will be countless others after it. How many cultures did we destroy, and how many people spoke up then? Then how come people get so fanatical about saving animals.

Don't get me wrong, I think animals have as much right to live as we do, but I also think nothing should infringe on my own right to live.
Old 12th September 2000, 06:04   #34
Mulefire

Heh,

The savy forum goers will notice a slight similarity between Xilia's and my own little IP address... Yep that's the wife in all her glory!

Some of my thoughts on all this:

I think it all comes down to innocence. We as a society favour the innocents for our compassion and energy. It just so happens that animals and babies are really the last inoccents left in this world.

What makes it worse is the underlying feelings of guilt we harbour either conciously or not. It is a given that the vast majority of animal distress that arouses our colective passions just so happens to be human caused.

So why do we fight so fanatically for animal rights and often neglect the rights of our own species? I guess a number of reasons spring to mind. First of all there is the inherant evolutionary angle whereby the less competing people the better for us, so why help them. Secondly there is a general baulking at the level of time and effort required to really do something.

For example the starving millions in the third world countries are the direct result of our societies base underlying structures. We have arisen from a hodgepodge of so many influences into our current form. Not something that can happen in a few odd years.

The charities and causes that deperately try to provide aid to the needy are doing no more than trying to fix the end results of something rotten to the core.

To change this we need to change society and that is just not going to happen. I feel that a lot of people either sense this or know it at heart and direct their energies into something where they can make a difference.

Unfortuantly as with everything there are fanatics and there are extremists on both sides. Lets face it we have pretty much brought it upon our selves and now we are crying in frustration as our efforts go unnoticed and we lash out at anyone applying energies to anything else than fixing our mess. But like I said we are just patching up old woulds and not healing the problem. No amount of cash aid or food handouts are going to solve the long term problem. Yes it will help a select few for another day but who do you choose to let live and who to let die. Are you going to stand in front of two starving children and condemn one to death through not your fault but through the sheer emptiness that is our collective soul.
These are hard times.

If people can find the compassion to help some deserving animals and heal their guilt and make a small tiny difference to an innocent then maybe just maybe that good will extend to others and eventually we will wake up to our reailty and really get down to fixing things.

Mule.

RM that was a brave post

------------------
Old 12th September 2000, 07:40   #35
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

All this animal talk makes me wanna go pop some prairie dogs tomorrow!
Old 12th September 2000, 10:21   #36
rm'
Banned

Yeah, well someone's gotta be the Devil's advocate, or we'll all turn into RIAA croney's, eating up their bland pop trash and buying our clothes from The Gap

There's no need to choose who lives and who doesn't. Like I said before, if we apply the same amount of concentrated effort as we did to land a man on the moon except ona global scale, we could cure many of the world's ills. The thing is, we got those damned special interest gruops (missionaries, all these different children's aid factions) who can't get their act straight and co-operate. People tend to give out hand-outs (during war, natural disasters etc.) cuz that's the easiest, and it gives you that quick fix of thinking that you did something right. Building the basics, such as roads, rail, water, power; these are the things that can set a country on the path to modernization. Not surplus barley or rice.

Another big problem is that the West is cramming democracy down the throats of the se people too early and too fast. Communism has it's place, especially among smaller, poor countries. Two case scenarios. China was once pretty poor during it's last dynasty. Communism took over, raised the social awareness and sense of duty of it's citizens, and industrialized the nation. Now that China is once again resonably modernized, capitalism is starting to take it's place. Small enclaves of international trade zones are sprouting up around the nation where free trade can take place. My guess is that China will eventually become a full-fledged democracy some day. Secondly Cuba. Pretty damn poor, but communism is working for it. The only thing holding back the people of Cuba is the American embargoes.

The problem with premature democracy is that during a country's rural phase, atleast 85% of the country's population are illiterate farm workers. Do you really want these kinds of people running a country? That's why you wait for the country to modernize to a level where the majority of voters are reasonably educated. If you don't, you fall prey to indescribable curroption, severe political unstabilty and general civil unrest.

These roots of the poverty problem are easily solved, so why not do it?
Old 13th September 2000, 06:21   #37
rm'
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mulefire:
The savy forum goers will notice a slight similarity between Xilia's and my own little IP address... Yep that's the wife in all her glory!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If only the savvy forum goer were allowed to view IP's...

Only the moderating moderator, or any admin can view IP's
Old 13th September 2000, 13:12   #38
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
Yeah i already tried that IP thing once.

RM... I just want to say that you are very
stalwart to have the gall to post that...
It was very un-"PC" of you... to post such
a large amount of CORRECT THINKING. You
knew you were going to get dogged on by lots
of people... even your friends.. by posting
that.

While feuding save the childrens groups
are annoying.... I do really think that
greenpeace, and especially Earth first and
the PETA are deserving of extreme contempt
and dislike. They are the first on my
personal "Bitchlist" thats for sure...

It bothers me to hear of Earth First putting
chains tied with nails in trees marked for
logging so they fall and maim/kill the
lumberjacks. Valuing trees more than people... how screwed is that? They
should be considered a criminal orginazation
for that.

The PETA already launched the Guilianni "Got Cancer" ads... now their planning to do a "Got Erectile Dysfunction" one for Bob Dole... whatever happened to being tastefull?
How do you attract people to a lobbying group
with such displays of that vitriolic magnitude?

As far as this argument goes, I will be
eternally in your corner RM

Xerxes
"Resources exist to be consumed-
and consumed they will be. If not
by this generation then a future generation... By what right
does this unborn generation have
on this current source of wealth?
None I say!"

Loosely quoted CEO Nwabudike Morgan
The Ethics of Greed

[This message has been edited by Xerxes (edited September 13, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Xerxes (edited September 13, 2000).]
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2000, 18:17   #39
Mulefire

Interesting....

Whilst PETA and other orgranisations might well do some distasteful things what they stand for is still a good cause. Personally I don't give a sh*t about half the worlds population, they are greedy, selfcentered, arogant, purile and generally nasty pieces of work. The few people I have met who are genuinly nice persons can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

I go back to by earlier point that society is to blame for our current problems, not any one particular aspect but as a whole. We are too far down this path to ever reverse it without a global catastrophe.

You will always have to pick who lives and who dies, the current infrastructure will never allow more than a tiny percentage of those in need any help. Who do YOU decide is worth your charity? Yes sure if all the various organisations got together and integrated then we might have a slightly better effort, but one that would right all wrongs? Not by a long way. There is just not enough charity to go around. There never will be either.

Now "trees over people" ? Well think about it, If we succeed in killing off / poisoning with disease our animal population, chopping down all our trees, polluting our rivers etc etc etc then just exactly what type of world are you leaving for all those kids you just gotta save? Face it Human life is only as valuable as the life lived. Is Nature so much a surplus requirement now? Are we so technically advanced that we can just slowly morph into some world encompassing Mall and not even notice it?

Forgive me for I read this story at least 10 years ago (Ray Bradbury?) but a scenario springs to mind where we all live in our little rooms, fed and watered, bathed and cleansed without ever leaving it. A life spent hooked up to the "Net" communicating through the wires and never in person. A body grown to obesity, nobody to see, nobody to care. Until one day you notice that there is noone left, and you're all alone in your little room with no idea what to do next. In the story though the character did manage to climb the ladder into the outside only to face a vast emptiness of a planet long dead. Mmmmm.... nice?

Some things are worth fighting for, most humans arn't, look at the movies, who gives a damn anymore. We don't care, and why should we? We're reaching plauge proportions and have no signs of slowing down. We have to destroy more and more of our environment just so that we can make room for even larger numbers. Our moral ethics forbid rationed birthes, our moral ethics forbid euthanasia, our moral ethics in some circles even forbid goddamn birth control. Now honestly are you telling me that this all makes sence?

The people out there who are trying to save what little we have left of our home are the only ones who are thinking long-term, the rest of you are just caught up in the short-term, moaning about how sh*t your lives are whilst sending hand-outs to try an absolve your guilt. That is what makes me sick.

Mule.

edit - Oops, spelling even worse than usual
------------------

[This message has been edited by Mulefire (edited September 13, 2000).]
Old 13th September 2000, 19:19   #40
SexyLoserKitten
Moderator Alumni

Ok..i just wana throw my quick 2 cents in on this...I know how it would be better to help all the third world countries and the children that are starving, but to be honest with ya, i'm more quick to help out an animal than a human because humans have a tendency to fuck you over, whereas an animal doesn't..call me heartless call me a bitch, i don't give a fuck....actually, i think that this post would justify as .000003643278643287 cents
reparing to be flamed for the rest of my life:

------------------

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist