Old 17th January 2014, 23:15   #1
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Privacy Settings

Just a quick questions to the new owners of the site: Is there a place on the forum where can I tweak privacy settings or opt-out of any email/phone/postal marketing?

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2014, 23:32   #2
lazvon

Well, you asked for the new owners... but I bet they're all asleep. So, how about an old owner... though with the amount of AOL stock I actually own... I'm a really, really, really, really, tiny percentage old owner.

Go to User Control Panel, the Edit Options, and you'll see a checkbox to not allow email from the Administrators. For the forums that is likely all you will get. Though you could also to have your account deleted I would suspect.

------

If you are one of the Winamp Newsletter subscribers... look for an email sometime over the next 30-45 days from AOL asking if you want to opt-out of the transfer of your email address and it will have a link to opt-out.

If you have a winamp.com (not the forums) account to upload add-ons, skins, visualizers, etc. Look for an email with instructions on how to opt-out/delete your account if you don't want the new owners to have your information there.

And lastly, if you're one the actual SHOUTcast API Developers (folks who make software or hardware to play SHOUTcast stations), you should see an email from the former AOL GM of Nullsoft/Winamp/SHOUTcast with instructions regarding your agreement.

------

Hopefully that was all useful information... and accurate.
lazvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2014, 13:10   #3
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Thank you for all the information. I'll take care of the UserCP options for now, but the rest I guess I'll just have to watch the inbox. I don't have a SHOUTcast dev. acc't, but the rest I do. I don't mind communication regarding things I have actually willingly become involved in, but I hate promotions, email and targeted advertisements, tracking cookies, etc.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Site Design