Old 17th October 2008, 20:46   #161
DomiOh

Sorry if this has still been asked...

Does the Skinned Button Plug-In still work?
DomiOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 13:18   #162
thek

Cool Pack UMUI in a zip container

Hello Superpat

It would be nice if you add also a zip(or 7z) package to download for your latest release (UltraModernUI_1.00_2008-10-11)

regards
Norbert
thek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 14:55   #163
SuperPat

the file exist but it is not correctly named: UltraModernUI_1.00_1.00_2008-10-11.zip

Quote:
Originally posted by DomiOh
Does the Skinned Button Plug-In still work?
SkinnedButton is no longer supported and it was replaced by SkinnedControls in beta 2

Tomorrow new bugfix release based on NSIS 2.43!

SuperPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 14:59   #164
LoRd_MuldeR
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperPat
Tomorrow new bugfix release based on NSIS 2.43!
Looking forward!

My Plugins: StdUtils | NSISList | CPUFeatures | ExecTimeout | KillProc
My source of inspiration: http://youtu.be/lCwY4_0W1YI
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 16:40   #165
SuperPat

New build version 2009-02-06

_ Based on NSIS v2.43
_ Fixed: Never show FinsihPage Title an SubTitle if MUI_FINISHPAGE_NOAUTOCLOSE is defined. [NSIS patch]
_ Fixed: Remove some gratuitous use of non-ANSI characters that were making the Unicode patch harder to review. [NSIS patch]
_ Fixed: Don't allow both "reboot now" and "reboot later" to be turned on at the same time. [NSIS patch]
_ Fixed: You can call the installer with the /remove command line argument and the same things with the uninstaller and the /modify, /repair, /continue command line arguments.
_ Improved: Packages installer. The Skins, BGSkins, UIs, Graphics, INI folders were deleted during the update process even if you added custom contents.

Download

Old 7th February 2009, 18:50   #166
LoRd_MuldeR
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperPat
New build version 2009-02-06

_ Based on NSIS v2.43
_ Fixed: Never show FinsihPage Title an SubTitle if MUI_FINISHPAGE_NOAUTOCLOSE is defined. [NSIS patch]
_ Fixed: Remove some gratuitous use of non-ANSI characters that were making the Unicode patch harder to review. [NSIS patch]
_ Fixed: Don't allow both "reboot now" and "reboot later" to be turned on at the same time. [NSIS patch]
_ Fixed: You can call the installer with the /remove command line argument and the same things with the uninstaller and the /modify, /repair, /continue command line arguments.
_ Improved: Packages installer. The Skins, BGSkins, UIs, Graphics, INI folders were deleted during the update process even if you added custom contents.

Download
Thanks. Works good

Old 6th March 2009, 11:43   #167
anandharaja

how to force user to install serial number as i provided in UltramodernUI

hello superpat

i want a script for ultramodernUI serialnumber page.superpat i want to force the user to enter serial number as i provided for that package.and also i have many serial number in register.txt the package should check serial number in text file and also this register.txt should not read by user.
anandharaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 15:53   #168
yvesm

Installing UltraModern

Hi,

I found out about UltraModern today and I´d like to ask if what I think is right. On the download page (http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=608330), the list shows :

NSIS{version}*
Ultra*

The NSIS* installers will install NSIS{version} together with UltraModern and Ultra* need NSIS{version} installed. Now as of today UltraModernUI_1.00_2009-02-06.exe is the latest version. I already have NSIS 2.43 and when I luanch the installer it finds it all right. Before I go on and install UltraModern, I would like to know if it can break my current NSIS install. I´m playing with MUI and MUI2 and I want to make sure adding UltraModern to the mix won´t make my working environment go berserk. Please confirm the Ultra* exe only adds files to the current NSIS install and won´t affect it´s behaviour.

TIA,

Yves M oisan
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 20:11   #169
SuperPat

I confirm you that the UltraModernUI_1.00_2009-02-06.exe does not replace any file except for the languages files that are updated if required or if you check this options

Old 16th March 2009, 20:49   #170
xbarns

I am trying to build a unicode setup with the latest UMUI installed, sadly i get an error saying:

SkinnedControls error: 慢⁤慰慲æ•_整㩲â¼_

Is this known? Can i disable SkinnedControls or ist it an essential part of UMUI?

Thanks for any help.
xbarns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 07:45   #171
SuperPat

You can disable skinned controls by adding:

!define UMUI_NO_BUTTONIMAGE
!define UMUI_NO_SCROLLBARIMAGE

Old 17th March 2009, 11:01   #172
xbarns

Perfect that did the trick, but now i have a new problem:

I keep my (NS)Dialogs in seperate files for better overwiew and sharing between different setups, i map the file in like this

!include "..\..\Shared Resources\NSIS Script\Dialog_GetLicenseFile.nsh"

when i do that with Umui i get this error:

Error: no branding image found in chosen UI! Error in macro MUI_HEADER_TEXT on macroline 9 !include: error in script: "..\..\Shared Resources\NSIS Script\Dialog_GetLicenseFile.nsh" on line 50 Error in script "LCM_Setup_Unicode2.nsi" on line 54 -- aborting creation process

When i copy the dialog out of the seperate file into the main setup.nsi the error goes away and it works just fine, there is a grey background (instead of the chosen green one) in that dialog but i guess i that can be adjusted somehow.

Any ideas?
xbarns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 18:50   #173
mrsharkbait

Hi SuperPat,

Just want to let you and others to know that when you run the UMUI installer on Vista 64-bit, the buttons first show up, but immediately gets painted over, resulting in white spaces. Per your post I disabled the skin controls and was able to get the buttons to display correctly. I guess the default skin is in a different location for 64-bit Windoze.
mrsharkbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 07:34   #174
SuperPat

It's strange because it work fine with me...

Old 9th April 2009, 07:08   #175
anandharaja

Image in Description

hi super pat
i want to insert image in description page for individual sections. how to do that, if any plug in available please tell. i asked a script for serial number page no reply from your side. see my previous post about serial page it is possible or not reply me.

Thanks in advance
anandharaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 15:20   #176
BarryJohnston

You asked for help with skins and since I'm new to NSIS and Ultra Modern UI, letting you know that the SoftGray skin has paths for SoftBlue in it is the best I can offer at the moment.

Also, has anyone solved the button image issue yet?
(I did use the !define UMUI_NO_BUTTONIMAGE option and that works.)

Thanks,
Barry
BarryJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 16:58   #177
SuperPat

Thanks

Old 6th May 2009, 18:18   #178
IYIaster

First time seeing this today. Figured I would give it a try. Tried to load the basic test script that comes with this and got this error
"!include: could not find: C:\Program Files (x86)\NSIS\Contrib\Modern UI\Language files\English.nsh"

looks like its trying to find the language file in "Modern UI\Language files\English.nsh" instead of "Ultra Modern UI\Language files\English.nsh"
IYIaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 18:59   #179
BarryJohnston

I was in the same situation today as well. Installing beta 2 seemed to clear up the errors but there where some warnings to work through afterwards. All the clues are further up in this thread.
BarryJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 21:12   #180
LoRd_MuldeR
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by mrsharkbait
Hi SuperPat,

Just want to let you and others to know that when you run the UMUI installer on Vista 64-bit, the buttons first show up, but immediately gets painted over, resulting in white spaces. Per your post I disabled the skin controls and was able to get the buttons to display correctly. I guess the default skin is in a different location for 64-bit Windoze.
The same problem happens on Windows 7 (tested the 64-Bit version).

If I enable the "skinned" buttons, then there are no buttons visible at all

Any workaround possible other than disable the "skinned" buttons completely?

Thank you

Old 19th May 2009, 23:11   #181
DrO

am fed up of seeing people complaining about the missing buttons (which aren't depending on the colour scheme and how well your monitor is setup - they are just grey blobs by default which makes them visible ) so i've had a quick look at the plugin (which someone should have done ages ago rather than keep posting 'me too' replies) which does the skinning and it's due to an attempt in the code to not mis-handle link style controls from the InstallOptionsEx plugin.

the attached version (includes updated SkinnedControls plugin and UMUI.nsh to replace your existing ones) i hope will rectify this and seems to work ok with the example files i threw at it (mainly IOEx based ones and the script for UltraModernUI). if it is ok then i'll clean up my changes to the source code for SuperPat to put into the distro, etc.

-daz
Attached Files
File Type: 7z umui+skinncontrols_buttons_fix.7z (62.4 KB, 234 views)
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 23:39   #182
LoRd_MuldeR
Major Dude

Thanks a lot, DrO

I tried your fixed version of SkinnedControls and it seems to work much better. All the "standard" buttons (Next, Back, Cancel, etc) are visible and skinned now! Unfortunately the "Show Details" button on the install page is still missing. This is on Windows 7, RC-1, 64-Bit. Hope the remaining problem can be fixed too.

[EDIT]

The "Show Details" button is now missing on Windows XP too, so the fix broke something

Old 19th May 2009, 23:53   #183
DrO

hmm, ok. wasn't aware of the UMUI installers showing that button in the first place but then again with the button style checks i'm having to do it's not that much of a surprise. what script are you using or is there a test script that shows the issue (just need something as i'm far too rusty on my nsis coding to remember what's needed to have that button show).

also at the moment i'm only working on a Vista x64 install but that should give the same results as Win7 i'd have hoped.

-daz
Old 19th May 2009, 23:59   #184
LoRd_MuldeR
Major Dude

My script is available from my SVN:
http://opensvn.csie.org/viewcvs.cgi/...oot=mulder1984

But it's a pretty big script with lot of dependencies.
It will be more easy to reproduce the problem with one of the UMUI example script, I think.

You can try:
NSIS\Examples\UltraModernUI\Basic.nsi

Old 20th May 2009, 00:04   #185
DrO

okies, will have a look into it on thursday night now (have prior commitments so won't be able to do any coding tonight now). though one non-drawn button out of all of them is better than before . will post back once i've had a play around with things.

-daz
Old 20th May 2009, 00:26   #186
LoRd_MuldeR
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
okies, will have a look into it on thursday night now (have prior commitments so won't be able to do any coding tonight now). though one non-drawn button out of all of them is better than before . will post back once i've had a play around with things.

-daz
Thanks. Looking forward...

Old 21st May 2009, 22:08   #187
DrO

lets see how this one works. is a better direct fix of the first issue against the original code but it also uses the mode i implemented to handle some edge cases for some InstallOptions buttons.

-daz
Attached Files
File Type: 7z skinnedcontrols.7z (29.1 KB, 249 views)
Old 21st May 2009, 23:28   #188
LoRd_MuldeR
Major Dude

I can confirm that this versions works correctly on Windows XP (64-Bit) and Windows 7 RC-1 (64-Bit).

Great work

Now I hope that SuperPat will include the fixed version in UMUI...

Old 22nd May 2009, 09:52   #189
DrO

that's a relief to know it's working
now i just need to provide the altered files that need to be included in svn for SuperPat...

-daz
Old 22nd May 2009, 15:14   #190
SuperPat

Nice work, Thanks a lot!

I will release a new version as soon as I received the fixed skinned controls source code and as soon as NSIS 2.45 will be released.

Can you see why the transparent icons background are grey with the InstallOptionsEx plugins (See the InstallOptions.nsi example)? Thanks.

Old 22nd May 2009, 21:22   #191
DrO

see how the icon thing works with the following test build. appears to work ok from a few quick tests (was due to the icon handling not respecting transparency in the same way the bitmap loader does - will now do the same for both)

-daz
Attached Files
File Type: 7z installoptionsex.7z (41.9 KB, 219 views)
Old 23rd May 2009, 10:47   #192
SuperPat

It works!

Can I ask you why your DLLs are smaller than mine (compiled in release mode with Visual 2005)?
Do you use visual studio 2008 or a particular option?

Old 23rd May 2009, 11:38   #193
DrO

yay

i've been compiling them in release mode with VS2003 and changed it to not use the Win98 loading optimisation (just a habit from the other projects i work on). also the Skinned Controls one was not set to remove unused sections / comdat stuff (whereas IOex was set to do so).

i'll have the altered source files uploaded probably later tonight but will leave you to alter the project files as needed (makes more sense if you're building with VS2005 rather than mess things up with the files i've got adjusted to load in VS2003).

-daz
Old 23rd May 2009, 18:35   #194
DrO

SuperPat: here's the edited source files.

-daz
Attached Files
File Type: 7z umui_patched_source_files.7z (41.0 KB, 339 views)
Old 23rd May 2009, 18:38   #195
SuperPat

Thanks

Old 13th June 2009, 16:04   #196
LoRd_MuldeR
Major Dude

I noticed a serious problem with UMUI and the UAC plugin: The UAC plugin will create two processes. The "outer" process is running with user privileges, the "inner" one with elevated rights. The "inner" process is the actual installer, but whenever it needs to do something as the normal user (e.g. launch an application that we don't want elevated) it will ask to the "outer" process to do that. So far this works fine and fixed my problems.

Now the UMUI problem: When UMUI changes the language, it will re-start the installer. When using UAC this means: The "inner" process will terminate (and re-start), the "outer" process will terminate after the "inner" has terminated. Now only the "inner" process (the new instance created by UMUI after language switch) is running, but the "outer" process is missing. Consequently all actions that needed the "outer" process will fail (do nothing in fact).

How can I workaround that problem? Thanks in advance

Old 13th June 2009, 20:20   #197
SuperPat

New build version 2009-06-13

- Based on NSIS v2.45
- Fixed: The serial number page show validation error texts if the an abort page is inserted and if you cancel the page while the fields are not filled.
- Fixed: The SoftGrey Skin was show the SoftBule images

SkinnedControls plugin:
- Fixed: InstallOptionsEx button were not skinned (by daz)
- Fixed: Vista SP1, SP2 and Seven x64 buttons were not drawn (by daz)

InstallOptionsEx plugin updated to version 2.4.2b2:
- Compiled with VisualStudio 2008. Smaller dll.
- Added: skipValidation dll function: If a page contains fields with MinLen or MaxLen and ValidateText attributes, you can go to the next page by skipping the text validation.</li>
- Fixed: Memory access violation (by phalanger)
- Fixed: Transparent icons had a grey background (by daz)
- New: Two versions of the plugin are available: a legacy version and a version using the new NSIS plugin API.

Download

Old 13th June 2009, 20:24   #198
SuperPat

Quote:
Originally posted by LoRd_MuldeR
Now the UMUI problem: When UMUI changes the language, it will re-start the installer. When using UAC this means: The "inner" process will terminate (and re-start), the "outer" process will terminate after the "inner" has terminated. Now only the "inner" process (the new instance created by UMUI after language switch) is running, but the "outer" process is missing. Consequently all actions that needed the "outer" process will fail (do nothing in fact).

How can I workaround that problem? Thanks in advance
I have tried with UAC, but but I did not find any problems...
The inner process has a higher privilege level too.

Old 13th June 2009, 20:36   #199
Anders

I should add that the UAC plugin is not tested or supported on other UI's. Having said that, you could probably move the call to the UAC plugin after the language selection (I have never used the UMUI and don't know how it works)

IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 20:43   #200
SuperPat

Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
I should add that the UAC plugin is not tested or supported on other UI's. Having said that, you could probably move the call to the UAC plugin after the language selection (I have never used the UMUI and don't know how it works)
I don't use the UAC plugin in UltraModernUI, just the instruction in packages script:
RequestExecutionLevel admin

I never tested the UAC plugin

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion

Tags
umui