Old 4th February 2014, 02:48   #1
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Skins filter system

When browsing / searching Skins would be good to have a solid filtering system to display skins by several types of categories / tags, like: style, color scheme, features + sort by popularity, year, etc..

The purpose / benefit is to offer the user a powerful system so he just thinks what he wants and tick / un-tick the options. It requires a change of paradigm; instead of searching by technical feature you filter by your "needs" or preferences, something more intuitive.

E.G., If I´m looking for a skin that is not flat or "metro", with or without color themes but definitively not SUI; with ANY existing system (DeviantArt, 1001skins, etc) I would have to search and browse through an ocean of results.. with the filters, I would just tick / untick what I want/don´t want and the "browse pane" would clear itself until only the closer results are visible. I wouldn´t need to know the name of the skin, nor the terminology or the type of skin.

I think this way the system gets closer to user´s needs, avoiding the need to know anything about the skin´s world (being that there is Classic skins, Modern skins, cPro, SUI, non-SUI, WMC, Windowed, Winamp 3, etc).

I hope I´m being clear enough. :/

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 01:14   #2
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
Clear... Though, difficult to setup after you have thousands. I will see what I can do in regards to accomplishing some of that where it makes sense.

1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 01:23   #3
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Indeed, but with a whole team working on it, could be done I think.. The question is.. Would they put a team behind something like this? Is it worth the trouble? (or do they have something else planned?)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Site Design

Tags
categories, filter, skins