Old 3rd December 2006, 01:20   #1
sgtfuzzbubble011

Thread formerly known as: Shit damnit fuck piss ass blarg4lp@gj^0!

Have to replace the transmission in my truck. I guess I can't complain too much. It's got 213,000+ miles on it. I'm relatively sure that it's just a broken band, clutch assembly, and/or solenoid... but trying to repair it won't even be worth the downtime.

Shit.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2006, 18:36   #2
sgtfuzzbubble011

Well, I've lined up some transportation for the next couple weeks, so at least I can still get to work. I've got a transmission and torque converter picked out as well. That one will sure as hell beat buying a stock remanufactured transmission from a dealership. My dad had to replace the transmission in his truck (S10 also, same model transmission), and the dealer charged him over $2,000. My bro-in-law has a friend that owns a shop not far from here. Hopefully I can use his shop to do the work. If so, that'll save me a lot of money and headaches. Also, Monster Transmission will ship to places of business much cheaper than to residential addresses, so I could just have it delivered there.

I guess I should move this out of the Bitchlist since it's not really a bitch, now.
Old 4th December 2006, 07:04   #3
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
sarge, you so shoulda been there when me and my roomy "straightened" his bumper supports with my truck -
me "is this really gonna work the way i picture it?" roommate "yep, pretty much!" both "hahaha"

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 07:14   #4
rockouthippie
Banned

Stop a sec. Don't buy anything except the front and rear seals, you'll need those anyway.

If it is the torque converter, usually it fills the bell housing with tranny fluid. If that's dry, then you really don't have any reason to suspect it. If it is full of oil, then you can suspect the torque converter, but not the tranny.

And if the bell housing is full of fluid, it might have just crapped it's front seal. Look at the tailshaft of the torque converter. If you don't see any huge gouges or cracks, it's probably ok. It's gonna be scored, because it's gone around a billion times. Seal failure will be evident too. Usually it's all torn up.

Replace the front and rear seals on a tranny that's been removed. That includes anything you pulled the driveshaft on. So, if you pulled the driveline, pop a new rear seal in there. Seals are not reusable since the old days. This doesn't need a press, just get a big socket and tap it carefully into place. You can use a screwdriver to pry them out, but don't scratch the seal race. It'll leak forever. Use a tranny jack because you shouldn't try to stab this like a manual tranny. It's a lot more sensitive. If you're off it's gonna put stress on the torque converter. This needs to slide semi-easily into place. There's no springs like on a clutch to forgive you a little.

Oh and while you're there, I'd change the U-joints if they aren't spendy. With 200,000 .... well they gotta give sometime.......

From my experience, torque converters fail a lot more than transmissions..

My slant 6 Dodge Powerwagon must have had a half dozen torque converters in it's >600,000 mile life... and the stock tranny pushed it to the wrecker.

My neighbor has an S10, and he got a $3000 bill for his tranny. I cringed and remained silent.

Those are a real good truck.

Please let me know what the actual failure is.

Since both yours and Bruces truck have died with tranny problems at the same mileage..... I'd like to know what happened to the tranny.

I'm sure they'res some of these around forsale "blown tranny" and the shop told them a million bucks.

Bruces truck runs like a top, even with the mileage. If the failure is just the torque converter... I could use a good pickup for cheap. The motor sounds perfect, and he told me it's never been apart for anything.

I've been looking for a truck and changing a torque converter doesn't confront me.

I won't tell Bruce .... at least until he buys the next truck. He takes care of his stuff, so that could be a long time.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 4th December 2006 at 10:08.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 10:27   #5
rockouthippie
Banned

I dawdled on the above message, so I couldn't add this, but you should be able to get a low mileage torque converter or tranny from a wrecking yard for less than half of what you listed here.

For a truck with 200,000 miles and my Lincoln with 130,000, it's "To the boneyard!". I got trannies for the taxis I used to fix for $200-$500... Torque converters were usually $50-75.

You've already found out that these parts work real good by using them until they broke.

Here's something you might not know, but most of the taxis you ever rode in didn't cost more than $6000. They look new, but that was because guys like me were scrounging through wrecks at the U-Pullit. The paint is even super cheap ($180). The reason it looks good is because it's every year.

Depending on the car, they get dumped with 200,000 to 300,000 miles and replaced with another 60,000-100,000 mile passenger car that has usually been wadded.

Or police cars..... Ex police cars cost about $3500, and it takes a couple hundred to buy a civilian interior... maybe four hundred with seats. Paint is $180 for a taxi and $35 for the decals.

They have 100,000 on them and get retired by the cops.

With cars that get driven 200000 miles a year, you don't buy new ones.

Like my Lincoln, I have about $1900 into it, it needs paint (if you look close...Ford clear coat ). What's wrong with it mechanically?. One of the rear power windows is a little sticky and the wiper switch is a little glitchy. The interior is perfect. Insurance is $45 a month and I've had it since May and put 9,000 miles on it. It runs perfect. $130,000 on the clock, and I'm expecting another 100,000 out of it.

I can sell it for more than I've got into it tommorrow.

Probably including the new tires I bought for it tonite. And if I paint it, I can get that back too. And if somebody rams it. They'll pay me $1500 more than it cost me.

Wow, what a rambling post, but it's probably not my worst.

I like driving nice cars. I hate spending money. And I hate owing banks even worst.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 4th December 2006 at 11:25.
Old 4th December 2006, 11:04   #6
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

i got told i might need a new gearbox soon, its a bit sweaty.

i still drive my car like i stole it
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 11:34   #7
rockouthippie
Banned

I added a few police car toys I pulled from a wreck to the 5 liter in this Lincoln.

I have been known to indulge in a leisurely 60% pedal from time to time.

Some of the cars around here have stereos that generate more power than the motor. The look of awe when the space shuttle silently leaves them is amusing.

Hey, while I'm thinking about it, use Prolong Oil additive. It's the bullet and worth the $17 for your old rod. Another good additive is Marvel Mystery Oil. Use 1 quart Marvel Mystery Oil and the rest normal oil. Marvel is cheap, if you don't have $17. Toss some Marvel in the gas too. It's as good as injector cleaner.

I usually do Marvel at oil changes, and Prolong every other one.

Usually this gets rid of any hint of top end noise.

Trust me. Worth every penny.

I don't do oil changes, I just get the $20 wonder oil change with Pennzoil and hand them the bottles.

This is the way we used to handle the cabs and it worked fine. I wouldn't recommend Pennzoil alone. You're other far more expensive choice is semi-synthetic oils, but I think it's a waste, especially since the oil change guys want to rape you for the service.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 4th December 2006 at 11:59.
Old 4th December 2006, 13:10   #8
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocker
i got told i might need a new gearbox soon, its a bit sweaty.

i still drive my car like i stole it
Damn Straight
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 03:20   #9
sgtfuzzbubble011

@TDM:

@RoH:
The torque converter's been slipping very slightly once in a while for a year or two now. It's not bad, but it does hiccup a little every now and then. I can assure you, though, that a torque converter failure won't cause just 2nd & Rev gears not to work. 1st & 3rd gears still work (not sure about 4th gear, haven't had it that fast since it broke). I'm almost positive that a clutch band broke. It might be a failed soloenoid or actuator, also. This transmission only has two sets of planetary gears, and at least one part of each is engaged for all four forward gears and also for reverse gear... so since I still have 1st & 3rd gears, that tells me that the structural components of the transmission are still in working order (ie, gears).

The reason I want to put a new (remanufactured) transmission in my truck is because I don't want someone else's headaches. When it comes to major components, I don't trust used vehicle parts. Also, the transmission I'm looking at comes with a warranty. On top of that, it's got much stronger internal components than a stock transmission... so if I decide to add some performance parts (turbocharger, hi-flow exhaust, etc) to my truck when it's time to rebuild the engine, the transmission will already be set up to handle it.

Oh, and I already changed both U-joints before I moved to Georgia. I add a little grease to them each time I change the oil. And speaking of oil... I use Lucas Oil Stabalizer in my engine. That stuff is great.

My bro-in-law called me earlier today while I was at work and let me know that I can use his friend's shop. I won't really be "borrowing" or "renting" a bay to do the work since the insurance won't cover it if anything happens (unlikely anyways), but he did tell my bro-in-law that he'll give me a discounted rate because we'd all be helping to do the work. Plus, I can have that transmission delivered to the shop for only $50. Not bad, I think.

All in all, I'd be getting a new racing transmission installed in my truck for less than it would cost to have a Chevy/GMC dealership install a stock transmission.

Since I'm going to be working long hours this week, my dad said he'd go ahead and call Monster Transmissions & Performance for me to get all the details about the transmission, torque converter, a flexplate, and shipping confirmation. I'm planning on having my transmission replaced by the weekend after this one.
Old 5th December 2006, 07:29   #10
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
When this happened to me I scrapped the truck and I regretted it almost immediately.

With an S-10, you're lucky that parts are easy to find, but in my case it was a '91 V6-stickshift toyota truck, a tranny that was very rare (almost all V6 models had automatics), so when it came to replacing the tranny, I had to order it through the dealership which would have cost thousands after labor, far more than after-fixed dollar value of the entire truck.

I was a dumbass, and traded it for a car, a great car, but I found out that I lost the ability to do just about everything the truck did other than get food and go to work. It wasn't for another 3 and a half years before I was able to buy a truck again.

I'm glad you're willing to fix the truck. It's so much better to continue driving what you know is right for you rather than risk something else that feels foreign to drive. You seem to mention it a lot so it's almost part of your family, and to lose it would suck, even if you replaced it with a brand new silverado. I still haven't quite gotten attached to my current truck the way I was to that old '91 I had, and I sometimes wish I would have just spent the money and fixed the transmission.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 18:47   #11
xhilaration

Send a message via Skype™ to xhilaration
We bought a 1988 Dodge Aries, runs perfect, but we will have to replace the Alternator & um oh hell what is it call, its what gears the steering wheel, if it has any slippish, you'll have to replace it UGH

Shoot anyone, (not car savvy LoL)

Well anyways, we will have to replace that but not for a long time tho. When we get our tax returns we're gonna get it fixed

We only paid $600.00 bucks for not bad huh

xhilaration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 19:13   #12
dlichterman
Forum King

Rack and Pinion system? Or the one with the gears and shit.

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free.-*-If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0-*-Guess the band from pics game
dlichterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 19:33   #13
xhilaration

Send a message via Skype™ to xhilaration
The Tirod, thats what it needs to be fixed. Also the horn (easy fix). Other then that everything else is ok.

The MAIN thing that needs to be fix in all is the Alternator, then the Tirod, then the horn.

The brakes are so brand new, bought it for $600.00 bucks. The people bought another car and they told us it would be waste to have 3 cars so they sold it to us for $600.00

Thank tho for the help dlichterman, hubby woke up and I asked him. Like i said I'm not car savvy, can't even change the damn tire YET lol yup, I'm sad lol

xhilaration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 21:12   #14
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Horns are easy, like you said. They're all 12 volt and wire the same, so even if you get a horn from an Aston Martin, Volkswagon, or even a pinto, as long as you can mount it somehow, which isn't hard, it'll wire and work the same way. You could even hook up several horns from different brands if you're into making your car different - scares the shit out of people when you give them a honk. I had several on my first car (an old '85 Volvo) - fun stuff.

Old 5th December 2006, 22:21   #15
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
so since I still have 1st & 3rd gears
I don't know anything about how to fix these electronically shifted transmissions, but I still don't know if I'm suspecting hard parts. A lot of this kind of thing got fixed on the taxis, and it was hardly ever transmission failures. It's been electronics, bad shift modulators, torque converters. But with 215,000 on the clock.... who can gripe....

I can see your point I guess about using reman parts with a warranty, but my thing is that I don't like to replace stuff that's more expensive than buying the truck.

I can buy this truck all day long with 90,000 miles for $5000, so you can see where I'm coming from. I understand about "Better the devil you know" though.

It's sort of like my Lincoln. I could get $2500 today for it. I don't have that much into it, including the new tires I bought from Costco. The wheels are really ugly, really true sweet straight alloy mags (so drat! I really don't see it's worth it to replace them.) I'm not gonna drop a grand on new wheels when the ones on it are a really good wheel, if ugly. I ordered new wheel center covers from ebay today for $50. The old ones were a little cracked.

I'll Maaco paint it in the spring. Like I said Ford clear coat sucks. It's got some spots.

I'll drive it another year, and then I'll sell it, and I should get all my money back or real close.

So basically to drive a year in a comfortable ride is gonna cost me $45 a month for insurance, and gas.

I've been driving free for years. Free is good. I just try to not get "upside down" in a car. You can buy the $1000 set of wheels, but you'll never get it back if you sell it.

So, the way I'd think about your truck would be "Am I gonna drive this rig for more than another year?". That would probably make the decision for me.

The thing is, the truck is worth what it's worth. A new tranny might make it easier to sell, but it doesn't change what it's worth a dime.

I buy cars with 100,000. Usually people have neglected all the maintenance on them, so I do top to bottom maintenance stuff, drive em for 40,000, and sell em for what I got into them.

My Talon about half paid for my Lincoln. The Talon was a free car. I paid $3500. Put $500 into it, drove it for 25,000 miles. A truck hit it, they paid me $4500. I fixed it for a thousand, drove it another 20,000 after spending $1000 of the $4500 to fix it myself.

Then the apex seal went out, and I was tired of the car, so I sold it to a kid for $1000. He's been bombing around town at 100+ mph. I see him blur by me once in a while.

The car was fun, but my drivers license didn't like it much

Net cost 3 years and 45,000 miles.... I made $500.

The thousand I got from the kid for the Talon, bought the Lincoln at auction, and I added about another thousand including the tires?. (Like it needed a windshield, a new bumper cover, one new turn signal lens.... power window crap... this and that and all the maintenance stuff)

I could sell it today to any of the taxi guys I know for $2500.

What I have been looking for is a rig like my sister got. It's a 94 Buick Park Avenue with a supercharged L86. Oh yeah. Grandpas car that really moves out

I figure one will come up at auction sooner or later.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 5th December 2006 at 22:51.
Old 6th December 2006, 00:10   #16
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
I can see your point I guess about using reman parts with a warranty, but my thing is that I don't like to replace stuff that's more expensive than buying the truck.

The thing is, the truck is worth what it's worth. A new tranny might make it easier to sell, but it doesn't change what it's worth a dime.
The truck is worth a lot more to me than to anyone else. I have no intention of selling it. I talked with my dad on the phone for a few minutes earlier today. He said he wants the old transmission as a project. He's going to order a rebuild kit for it (basically, all the same internal components as the racing transmission I'm going to get), and rebuild it himself. When he's done with it, he's going to put it in his S10.
Old 6th December 2006, 00:12   #17
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
He's going to order a rebuild kit for it (basically, all the same internal components as the racing transmission I'm going to get), and rebuild it himself.
That would be worth doing, if only to know how. I remember the first motor I rebuilt. It took me two tries and 2 months, and 50 gallons of beer, but I did get it. The ones after that were easy.
Old 6th December 2006, 00:21   #18
sgtfuzzbubble011

My dad has the better part of 40 years experience as a professional mechanic. Needless to say, I've learned infinite amounts of information about automobiles and mechanics/electronics in general from him. I still learn things from him all the time, too.

Quote:
I'm glad you're willing to fix the truck. It's so much better to continue driving what you know is right for you rather than risk something else that feels foreign to drive. You seem to mention it a lot so it's almost part of your family, and to lose it would suck, even if you replaced it with a brand new silverado.
As many small problems as I've had with this truck, I have to admit that it's been very reliable in the long run. Aside from the fuel pump going out last year (which, if you think about it, that's not a huge deal), this transmission problem is really the only major thing that's happened to it. And I don't even believe that it's a major failure (probably just one or two small parts inside the transmission that failed). I've never had any major engine problems, either. And yes, I do love my truck, even though some of the designs that it was plagued with from the engineers that designed it are moronic at best.
Old 6th December 2006, 00:23   #19
rockouthippie
Banned

Bruce says that about his too. The S10 seems to be a bullet of a truck.

He thought enough of it to pay the $3000 tranny bill, so I guess you guys get real fond of them.

The most reliable truck I ever drove was a little Mitsu made D50 Ram. 77 I think. It had a 2400cc mitsu in it, the same motor they put in the Fire Arrow.

The boss sold it with 435,000 miles and nothing more than $50 ever went wrong with it, except clutches. I was the parts driver and I was the only one that drove it.... so I must have put 350,000 of those on it myself. Beating the snot out of it.... every day...
Old 6th December 2006, 00:26   #20
sgtfuzzbubble011

There's something about this little truck that I doubt could ever be replaced by another truck. I'm not quite sure what it is.
Old 6th December 2006, 03:33   #21
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

he got laid in it under the stars...

j/k

toss on a cap and put in a mattress...

Old 7th December 2006, 01:07   #22
sgtfuzzbubble011

I'm 6'2" tall. My truck's bed isn't that long. :P

Also, I'm $1,674.95 poorer now. I ordered one of these, one of these, and one of these. I'm having it all delivered to my bro-in-law's friend's shop, so the s&h for the converter and flexplate are free. The s&h for the transmission was only $50, so that's good. I've already got a replacement oil filler tube and dipstick, so that'll get replaced when I put the new transmission in as well. And while I've got the truck up on a lift, I'll be changing the differential gear oil, greasing up the joints in the steering system, greasing the U-joints in the drive shaft, and I might rotate the tires if I see any funny wear on the treads.

Woo.
Old 7th December 2006, 20:40   #23
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Sounds like you're making a street rod based on the tranny. "Handles up to 500 horsepower"... In an S-10? Are you suicidal?

Old 7th December 2006, 20:51   #24
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
I'm 6'2" tall. My truck's bed isn't that long. :P
Also, I'm $1,674.95 poorer now.
Woo.
You can't buy a truck for that, so you could make worst choices.
Old 8th December 2006, 00:24   #25
sgtfuzzbubble011

I got a call today from Monster Transmission asking a couple questions about my current transmission. They've got several versions of mine in stock, and they wanted to double check and make sure that the right one gets shipped out for me. They sound very professional, and they processed my order way faster than I thought they would. Their site said it would be from three to five days to process. They did it the next morning.

Quote:
Sounds like you're making a street rod based on the tranny. "Handles up to 500 horsepower"... In an S-10? Are you suicidal?
Just 'cause the transmission can handle it doesn't mean that my engine can put it out. :P
Old 9th December 2006, 06:59   #26
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

yeah, but...

*me envisions sarge posting a "My engine broke " thread in a few years and replacing with a 499 horse monster engine*

Old 9th December 2006, 10:19   #27
rockouthippie
Banned

http://s10v8.carshopinc.com/product_..._id/65/S10_KIT

You need this kit, a new bell housing and a cherry picker. Go see Chev and steal that cop car motor that he's gonna put in that camino.

Old 9th December 2006, 18:02   #28
sgtfuzzbubble011

When the time comes, I'm more than likely going to rebuild the existing engine. If I do anything to it, it'll be along the lines of... high-flow intake system, low-restriction exhaust system, VCM reprogramming, and MAYBE a turbocharger. I'm probably going to keep the engine internals completely stock (if I replace anything, I might replace the cam shaft). If I do anything radical to it, I'll get horrible gas milage (it's bad enough already). The modifications I just mentioned won't decrease the milage very much (might even improve it).

@ted:
Old 10th December 2006, 06:00   #29
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

What engine do you currently have? Were you lucky enough to get that bigass 4.3?

Old 10th December 2006, 06:19   #30
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

You'll definitely want to get your truck all fixed up before heading up my way. From my dad's experience, trucks are pretty expensive up here, new or used.

And he does work for a Chevy dealer, he'd tell ya where to go for the hook ups

Oh yeah, sorry I missed your phone call earlier, I survived a dinner cooked by the bro
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 09:04   #31
sgtfuzzbubble011

I don't know if I'd be able to make it 2,700 miles with no 2nd gear. They should be boxing up my new transmission and getting ready to ship it out to me right now. I'm hoping for it to be at the shop before this coming weekend.

And no problem about the phone call. I figured you were busy. Next time I'll just bug you by sending text messages to your cell phone. I've always got my cell phone on, so you can give me a shout or send me txts any time.

When it finally comes time to rebuild the engine in my truck, I'll definitely ask your dad about where to go.

@ted:
Yep. I've got the 4.3L V-6. Mine is the VIN code W version, also. There was only one other version of this engine that GM produced that was more powerful. That's the turbocharged 4.3L in the GMC Syclone and Typhoon. Other than the turbocharger and AWD, my truck is pretty much identical to the Syclone.
Old 10th December 2006, 10:28   #32
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I heard that engine had interchangeable parts with a 350 (basically being a 350 V8 that went on a diet and lost a pair of cylinders), is that true?

I had a bud with a 4.3 S-10 with a longbed - looked kinda funny with the extra 2 feet, but was handy. He loved it and drove the hell out of it until he fell asleep behind the wheel and totalled it on a long line of fenceposts, barbed wire, and rocks. Somehow he didn't get hurt.

Old 10th December 2006, 17:26   #33
sgtfuzzbubble011

Ouch. That sucks. At least he didn't get hurt. And yeah, the extended bed S10s do look a little funny. You can haul full 4x8 sheets of plywood in them, though.

And yes, my engine is basically a "3/4 Small Block." Most of the parts are interchangable with the 5.7L (350). It's compatible with my transmission as well, so if I wanted to, I could take this V-6 out and drop in a V-8, and everything would bolt right up together.
Old 11th December 2006, 23:53   #34
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
lol funny, you could steal my truck's engine......

but you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006, 00:25   #35
sgtfuzzbubble011

:P
Old 13th December 2006, 03:27   #36
sgtfuzzbubble011

Got a call this morning from Monster Transmission... "We just wanted to let you know that your transmission was shipped out on Friday. It should be getting there pretty soon."

Got a call from my bro-in-law about two hours later... "Your transmission is at the shop."

I just bought a gallon of gear oil, an air filter (figured I'd take care of the these at the same time), and three gallons of transmission fluid tonight. I've got a transmission oil filler tube and dipstick on order right now through the Chevy dealer here as well. They should be ready for me to pick up before Saturday. Since I've got to go back out of town for work... AGAIN... I won't be back home until Friday some time. I'm hoping that I can get back with enough time to go by the dealer and pick up the tube and dipstick. I need to go by a couple of parts stores and see if I can locate a transmission mount as well. That's something that I know the dealer will charge a buttload for and should be carried by auto parts stores (unlike the tube and dipstick). Might need to pick up some new flexplate bolts and transmission mounting bolts as well, depending on their condition. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.
Old 13th December 2006, 08:09   #37
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

You're forgetting the 2-4 beers you'll need to keep your thirst quenched when you take a break from your tranny work.

Old 14th December 2006, 00:56   #38
sgtfuzzbubble011

Good call.
Old 17th December 2006, 03:40   #39
sgtfuzzbubble011

Old:
http://sarge.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Mis...1/DSCF1252.jpg

New:
http://sarge.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Mis...1/DSCF1246.jpg
http://sarge.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Mis...1/DSCF1249.jpg
http://sarge.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Mis...1/DSCF1251.jpg

It was a pain in the ass to take the old one out and put the new one in, but it's done. And holy shit I don't even have to try to spin the tires in second gear. Now I have to rebuild my engine to go along with this badass transmission...
Old 17th December 2006, 05:26   #40
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Sounds like you're back on the road in a reasonable amount of time. I've seen these kinds of jobs create unexpected problems that delay things, yet in your case, everything went quickly.

You lucky bastard If I would have done it I would have a couple black&blue fingernails, a bloody finger, at least one part that I screwed up and had to reorder (perhaps a poorly installed gasket, ruined bolt due to not having everything lined up perfectly when I was threading it or something stupid like that), ruined clothes because I had forgotten to put on old clothes that I didn't mind messing up, at least one spilled beer, and who knows what else. But it would have gotten done eventually.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions