Old 18th January 2009, 15:07   #1
tonymarston

Cannot select album title which begins with a number

I am using a clean install of v5.541 with Windows XP. Amongst my many albums is one called "100% Acid Jazz" by various artists. When I set the top left pane to Artist\Album and select "All Artists" the top right pane shows a list of albums, in alphabetical order, with "100% Acid Jazz" at the top. This is OK so far, but if I click on "100% Acid Jazz" the bottom pane does not show the contents of that album, it merely goes blank. If I edit all the album tracks and change the title to "Acid Jazz, 100%" then it all works as expected. If I change the title back to "100% Acid Jazz" then it fails as before.
tonymarston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2009, 16:54   #2
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Interesting question.
I just tried to reproduce it and I couldn't. Could you upload a few of your tracks to sendspace.com to test?

I initially thought that it might have something to do with the percent sign. But I changed one of my albums to '100% Acid Jazz' just like you and I was able to have them come up.
Juanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 00:02   #3
tonymarston

The download link is http://www.sendspace.com/file/s7eobb
Old 19th January 2009, 00:23   #4
Juanus
Major Dude

I downloaded your files and I still cannot reproduce your problem. Seems to be working exactly how it should.

couple of questions...
are you changing the tag information using winamp? Or are you using a seperate tagging program?

Have you tried just rescanning the libary?

Anything that you can think of that might be wierd?
Old 19th January 2009, 10:51   #5
tonymarston

I have tried deleting and rescanning the library, but the problem still remains.

If I change the album name to "Acid Jazz, 100%" then I can select the album in the top right pane and see the album contents in the bottom pane. If I change the album name back to "100% Acid Jazz" and select the album name then the bottom pane remains completely blank. If I right click on the album name and select "Play selection" nothing happens.

I do all these changes in Winamp.

It is the same on both of my PCs, both running Windows XP SP3 with clean installs of Winamp version 5.541.
Old 19th January 2009, 17:22   #6
Juanus
Major Dude

I am sorry, I cannot see what the problem might be. I am hoping that DJ Egg or Sawg or someone will check this out. Maybe they can see something I cannot.
Old 21st January 2009, 16:35   #7
Pete Williams

Quote:
Originally posted by tonymarston
I have tried deleting and rescanning the library, but the problem still remains.

If I change the album name to "Acid Jazz, 100%" then I can select the album in the top right pane and see the album contents in the bottom pane. If I change the album name back to "100% Acid Jazz" and select the album name then the bottom pane remains completely blank. If I right click on the album name and select "Play selection" nothing happens.

I do all these changes in Winamp.

It is the same on both of my PCs, both running Windows XP SP3 with clean installs of Winamp version 5.541.
I have exactly the same problem. 2 of my album names begin with 100% and I can't see their contents, but 2 others also begin with 100% and they work fine.
If I select "all albums" in the top left pane then everything is visible.
Strange.
Pete Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 16:36   #8
Pete Williams

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete Williams
I have exactly the same problem. 2 of my album names begin with 100% and I can't see their contents, but 2 others also begin with 100% and they work fine.
If I select "all albums" in the top left pane then everything is visible.
Strange.
Sorry that should have read top right pane. Also I have two computers that are behaving the same.
Old 21st January 2009, 17:12   #9
Juanus
Major Dude

I am able to reproduce it now.
Here are some tips. If it is the only album in your media library, then everything works as intended.
If you have another album in the media library, then the problem is reproduced.

I will play with this more and let you know what happens
Old 21st January 2009, 23:40   #10
Juanus
Major Dude

O.K. from my tests it is not the number, but it is the percent sign that is causing this issue. If you change the word % to Percent, everything works obviously.
Also if the % sign is the last character then everything is fine. i THINK thats the % sign is a wildcard of some sort and that might be part of the glitch there.

@ Pete Williams
I am curious to know which albums that start with 100% do show up. Maybe there something that can be learned from those.
Old 22nd January 2009, 18:15   #11
Pete Williams

Quote:
Originally posted by Juanus
O.K. from my tests it is not the number, but it is the percent sign that is causing this issue. If you change the word % to Percent, everything works obviously.
Also if the % sign is the last character then everything is fine. i THINK thats the % sign is a wildcard of some sort and that might be part of the glitch there.

@ Pete Williams
I am curious to know which albums that start with 100% do show up. Maybe there something that can be learned from those.
Here's a list from my library.

100% Belly Dance...........Doesn't open
100% Carnival..............Doesn't open
100% Colombian.............Opens OK
100% Cotton................Opens OK
100% Summer Jazz...........Opens OK

The ones that wont open just show an empty bottom pane when the album is selected in the top right hand pane.
All albums open normally when 'All Albums' is selected in the top right hand pane.

I've not noticed this problem with any other album titles.

Thanks for your help

Pete
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:06   #12
Juanus
Major Dude

This is really interesting... could you upload some of the tracks that do work? There has to be a difference somewhere.

{edit} also, try the beta and see if the problem still happens.
Old 29th January 2009, 04:09   #13
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

One of the devs managed to reproduce this issue where there's a % in the album title and a space at the end.
The fix will be in 5.55 Final (or public beta 3, if there is one).
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports