X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrSinatra
    Forum King
    • Dec 2004

imo, CD burning should be a low, if not very low priority.

autotagging, cover art, audio fingerprinting should prob be the top priority.

after that, R128 RG, and once i have collected more info i'll have another good suggestion.

its unclear tho, is Benski back? officially? unofficially? what?
    PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
    --
    BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
    Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
    Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• Xaemyl
      • Oct 2018

Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
      * Improved: [Bento & Modern skins] Added a Playlist Search feature (thanks Victor)
      Would it be possible in a future release to add an option to turn the playlist search box off?

Other than that, as an old user since the early 2000s, it's looking good!

Comment

• MrSinatra
        Forum King
        • Dec 2004

Originally Posted by Xaemyl View Post
        Would it be possible in a future release to add an option to turn the playlist search box off?
        i haven't checked the options to see if that or this is possible, but i would like that and an option to move it to the bottom of the playlist, and/or bottom of the playlist, but above the artwork.
        --

Comment

• PeterK.
          Quinto Black CT Developer
          • Sep 2016

Yes. But where?
          It depends how many developers are interested and will be willing to read this stuff. If you are the only one, I could send you PMs or mail.

On the other side I would like other fellow skinners to join me and to share their experience. In this case a new thread called "Improvements tips for 5.8+" would be the best location.

What do you think?

Quinto Black CT

Comment

• NJK
            FRISIAN
            • Sep 2003

Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
            It depends how many developers are interested and will be willing to read this stuff. If you are the only one, I could send you PMs or mail.

On the other side I would like other fellow skinners to join me and to share their experience. In this case a new thread called "Improvements tips for 5.8+" would be the best location.

What do you think?

Done , go ahead.
            latest version of Winamp
            DSP Plug V2.41
            Language Packs

Comment

• ryerman
              Major Dude
              • Mar 2010

Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
              Who is the new lead developer for the desktop Winamp?
              Will the desktop development team participate in this forum regarding bugs, wishes or suggestions?
              @DJ Egg
              Why did you provide a link to a post by Benski: "Former Winamp Developer"?
              Are you saying that Ben Allison is now the lead developer for Winamp's desktop version?
              Maybe you know that the conflict-of-interest he mentions has been resolved so that working as a part-time developer for Vivendi is now acceptable?

I don't understand the relevance of the link you provided.
              If you want to answer my previous questions, please be explicit.
              Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin

Comment

• DJ Egg
                Spectral Techorator
                • Jun 2000

Originally Posted by Xaemyl View Post

Other than that, as an old user since the early 2000s, it's looking good!

There already is an option :-)

Bento => Options menu => Playlist => Show playlist search box

Playlist | Twitter | Albums

Comment

• DJ Egg
                  Spectral Techorator
                  • Jun 2000

Originally Posted by niwrad777 View Post
                  What about language support?
                  xlat has now been updated with latest wlz (also the ftp server for latest .nsh)

Best website ever!

Comment

• NJK
                    FRISIAN
                    • Sep 2003

Have used Winamp beta today on the local radio station as playout system and it worked like a charme.
                    not one issue detected while running it on a 3 hour radio show.
                    the fade out and fade in went smooth.

now downloading it on my home computer.
                    latest version of Winamp
                    DSP Plug V2.41
                    Language Packs

Comment

• zepper
                      • Jul 2005

Definite improvements in memory on Win7 with this new version. Typically a playlist of videos would run using over 100mbs and would keep climbing but now it's been cut more than half. Same playlist now using less 50mbs

Streaming radio also down. Usually that would use up 30mbs or more but currently only 7.3mbs after an hour so good job fixing memory leaks.

Comment

• niwrad777
                        • Jun 2007

xlat has now been updated with latest wlz (also the ftp server for latest .nsh)

Best website ever!
                        Thanks!!

You can also inform in this publication if there will be new releases with the languages or not.
                        What is Winamp? Why is Winamp? How is Winamp? All these burning questions and issues discussed within.

Note: The FTP server has some problems when trying to connect from filezilla, it only works from chrome.
                        WINAMP EN ESPAÑOL:
                        Spanish Language Pack for Winamp v5.9 | Spanish Language Pack Extended

Bento Classified Good Ol' Color Classic Skin | NiwradSoft | Linuxeros.org | Twitter @niwrad

Comment

• ariszlo
                          Major Dude
                          • Jun 2015

It feels snappier and it plays videos out of the box. Thanks!
                          Attached Files
                          Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt

Comment

• kzuse
                            • Oct 2005

Hey... wow.... was on vacation and didn't expect that!!

As a winamp user since 2000 I only can say: cool!!!!

But I have some questions before I will try to install this one: you say that all former "Pro" versions have been removed. Does that mean also MP3 encoding (which I used a lot) has been removed? Actually, there shouldn't be any license issues for MP3 encoding since you use the free LAME encoder (instead of Fraunhofer) and those patents all are expired...

So, is MP3 encoding possible with this version?

And next question: does the new mpg123 decoder still support raw .aac files?

And last question: will it run on XP SP3 still (I don't use Video decoding in Winamp), but can I listen to .mp3, .m4a and .aac files on XP still?

I think those questions have been discussed in one or the other way in this thread already (yes of course, I read it before asking!), but unfortunately I think those questions haven't been exactly answered as yes or no...

... So a huge thank you in advance and of course, THANK YOU for continuing support on this great thing of software!!!!!

Best regards,
                            kzuse

Comment

• DJ Egg
                              Spectral Techorator
                              • Jun 2000

@kzuse

Yes, MP3 encoding works out-of-the-box.
                              All mp3 patents expired and lame_enc.dll 3.99.5 is included in the package.

By "former Pro-licensed features", it means Sonic CD Engine, Gracenote (cddb, MusicID, etc), mpeg-4 / h.264 decoding, mp3 encoding (encoder was free, but the patents hadn't expired)... things AOL paid for, that were licensed to AOL, and iirc needed paying for on a regular basis, so therefore needed to be covered by the Pro payments.

Fraunhofer mp3 & aac decoders weren't ongoing payments, but were exclusively licensed to AOL for use in Winamp. Radionomy couldn't use the same license, so we decided to use opensource libmpg123 for mp3 and system WMF decoder for aac instead.

in_mp3 still supports raw .aac files, but via winamp\system\aacdec.w5s
                              (which is also used by in_mp4, in_mkv, in_avi, in_flv, in_nsv)

Unfortunately though, as I said, it relies on Media Foundation which only comes with Vista and later.
                              AAC, MPEG-4 pt.2 & H.264 support all rely on Windows MF.

Using MF / MFTs means no additional licensing is required and therefore we can keep Winamp free.

We've replaced CD playback engine; plus mp3, aac, mpeg-4 and h.264 decoding

We've still not replaced CD Burning Engine/Interface (which still works in 5.666) or Gracenote features (cddb, autotag, playlist generator) - therefore those features are currently non-existent.

Winamp 5.8 will install & run on XP sp3, but for AAC support you'd need to use old in_mp3 and aacdec.w5s from 5.666.
                              See my reply to @eliotime3000 in post #11 for further details/instructions.

Comment

• MrSinatra
                                Forum King
                                • Dec 2004

Egg,

i'm loving this version and think you and Ben have done a great job!

for everyone still running an old OS, the newest iteration of Win10 is stable, fast, and really the best windows yet. e.g. it boots a LOT quicker. consider installing it, and you can get a free license for it here:

Microsoft's much-hyped free upgrade offer for Windows 10 ended years ago, but it took more than seven years before the company finally updated its activation servers. Here's what upgraders can expect now.

--

Comment

Working...
                                X