Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Old 9th September 2015, 16:51   #1
stereomohamed

480 Cannot see your station/computer from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/

Hello dears,

480 Cannot see your station/computer from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.

I faced this error code while trying to put online my server and now after few days of trying outs I decided to post it here, hopefully I can find somebody willing to help.

I have been checking the helpful references here and there but nothing got sorted yet;
http://wiki.shoutcast.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_YP_Nak_Errors <-I didn't manage to portforward as suggested here because once logged into my router I don't see the menu as it appears in the tutorial ( I couldn't find the PortMapping section for instance ). Anybody willing to help ?

I can't wait to be online with my streams.

Thanks for the attention.
stereomohamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 17:37   #2
DrO

unless you can get the DNAS allowed through the router (and any related firewalls being used), there's not much that can be really said other than finding any guide which relates to the exact version of the router that you're using (assuming that it's something that is even enabled on it from whoever provides it to you).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 19:19   #3
Unknown Artist

Just from internet standards: errors 500 - 599 are considered server errors, 400s usually deal with not being able to connect / being found. Depending where you live you may find it's not necessarily you that's blocking the connection, but somewhere outside of your private network. For example I can't host shoutcast on my apartment's network because it's a giant black box, I might be able to connect to the internet, but things from the internet can't reach me. It sounds like in your case there's a firewall between you and your host.

What I do with SHOUTcast otherwise on TuneIn
Unknown Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 17:22   #4
stereomohamed

Pals thanks for the replies! eventually I found out that it was just simply matter of having different layouts within the modem's control panel compare to the tutorial I was following. So I have managed to find PortMapping and there it is all the rest worked out. Now I am dealing with another issue, basically I can only stream from the server itself and I can't connect to it from another connection.. however I guess I am going to make another post for this.

Thanks again and word up !
stereomohamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags