Old 10th November 2011, 11:09   #1
casiasser

6 channel stereo

Hello,I am very new in this forum so maybe my questions in the future will sound strange or even foolish.But i have a very simple question,witch dsp(if any) would be the best for my system.Specs:home theater 5.1 but connected to 6 channel stereo and of course connected laptop(hdmi).I should mention that i allready have a plugin(srs hd audio lab) all advice or oppinions will be recieved with full attention.Kind Regards casiasser
casiasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 21:44   #2
SilverBird775

Can you please elaborate what the 6 channel stereo is? It seems like a really wild invention. Perhaps you wanted to get 3 stereo pairs from 5.1 theater? It would not work good because low frequency channel is special. But you may get 2 stereo pairs from the theater in quadro mode, without center and sub.

Any additional information would be helpful, it's unclear to me what exactly you are trying to get and what OS you installed.
SilverBird775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 01:59   #3
casiasser

Windows 7 home premium 64 bitt,i have not connected the speakers myself and when i say 6 channel stereo it is because that is what is shown on the display on the amplifier i do not know anything else other than there is the same volume in each speaker and a subwoofer,sorry
Old 11th November 2011, 08:39   #4
SilverBird775

Do you have a subwoofer speaker installed?
Old 11th November 2011, 09:01   #5
casiasser

yes specs:system audio speaker system 5.1,surround sound Yamaha natural sound av amplifier dsp-ax3200,hitachi 50" plasma with harddrive,acer aspire 7736z.That is it.
Old 11th November 2011, 09:40   #6
SilverBird775

Well... you may try my plugin then to get 5.1 from the stereo.

If it does not work good, you may try the MatrixMixer
Old 12th November 2011, 13:09   #7
casiasser

best dsp plugin for home theater

Hello everyone.
I have a big home theater with a notebook connected v. hdmi(acer aspire 7736z,windows 7 home premium 64 bitt) and since there are so many plugins,i would like to get some information about what the best free dsp(and others) plugin i should use my speaker configuration is 5.1 but connected so the display on the amplifier says 6 channel stereo,it is not myself who has installed it and i would not know how,and i should mention that i have audio enhancement in the form of srs hd audio lab,so i do not know if i need another plugin after all ,its clear that i am very confused about these plugins,input,output and dsp,i would be very graitfull to recieve some advice.Kind Regards casiasser
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support