Old 6th September 2014, 20:31   #1
ccc---

PC going to sleep mode while Winamp is running

I have a PC with Windows 7 64bit. My energy options set the PC to sleep mode after 30 minutes. Until recently the PC did NOT go to sleep mode when Winamp was playing music (MP3s from my HDD or internet radio). But since a few weeks, the PC goes to sleep mode while Winamp is playing music. This is annoying.

I don't know when exactly this behaviour started, but it could be that it started when I had to get a new sound card. I was always using the integrated sound on the mainboard of my PC. Some day it seems to have died, so I had to get a PCIe sound card. Possible that the behaviour of the sleep mode with Winamp changed when I installed the sound card, but I am not sure.

Is there a way to get back to the old behaviour where the PC did NOT go to sleep mode while Winamp is playing music?
ccc--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 20:56   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Try the plug-in linked below.

http://uploadgeneration.info/Winamp/...-6/222640.html

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 21:06   #3
ccc---

Thank you, I just installed it and it works fine so far.

I am sure that I did NOT download it years ago, the behaviour that the PC didn't go to sleep mode while Winamp was playing music was "automatically built-in", I didn't have to do anything. Strange. But anyway ...

However, my energy options are set so that the screen turns of after 10 minutes and the PC goes to sleep mode after 30 minutes. Would be great if the plugin would let the PC turn of the screen after 10 minutes. I don't want the monitor to be switched on while playing music for hours ...
ccc--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 21:30   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc--- View Post
However, my energy options are set so that the screen turns of after 10 minutes and the PC goes to sleep mode after 30 minutes. Would be great if the plugin would let the PC turn of the screen after 10 minutes. I don't want the monitor to be switched on while playing music for hours ...
Sorry about that. Maybe your prior behavior was because you were using the mobo's sound chip. I remembered someone asking for that feature a year or so ago and the plug-in developed by "thinktink". He is still active on the forum and you could ask him about it (or if he would modify his plug-in). His most recent post is linked below.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=379087

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support