Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AsHopeDies
    • Aug 2004

Bugs: Multiple select dose not work when using shift+ctrl. Selection gets locked when using middle mouse button.

Comment

• Joonas
      Forum King
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by AsHopeDies
      Bugs: Multiple select dose not work when using shift+ctrl. Selection gets locked when using middle mouse button.
      None of it is bugs...or maybe middle mouse button is...I can't test so I dunno...

but Ctrl+Shift shouldn't be seen as holding down Ctrl anymore...rather it should be seen as activating Drag 'n drop. As I wrote above...it's all how it works in Explorer. If you click on a not selected item, that item gets selected and you can drag 'n drop it...

Drag 'n Drop support for the Playlist Editor - Now with Unicode support!
      Dynamic Library v2.0

Comment

• siebe83
        Forum King
        • Feb 2004

When middle mouse button is selected for drag 'n drop, clicking an item with the middle mouse button in the playlist editor selects that file. If you then move the mouse cursor, the item follows. I.e. it behaves as if the left mouse button is held down, while no mouse button is pressed.
        To end this, I had to press left or right mouse button.

[edit]
        Select a few files (or just one). Then click one the selected files with the middle mouse button. Then try to drag another file. Instead of selecting and dragging that file it will drag and drop the previously selected files.
        If you do not middle-click one of the selected files before dragging, there's no problem.

[edit2]
        With both mouse-buttons selected for drag 'n drop...

Select a file. Then drag 'n drop another file.
        If you drag 'n drop that file by clicking and holding left and then right mouse button, it'll work fine.
        If you drag 'n drop that file by clicking and holding right and then left mouse button, the previously selected file will be dragged instead...
        Last edited by siebe83; 4 September 2005, 09:27.
        If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.

Comment

• Joonas
          Forum King
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by siebe83
          When middle mouse button is selected for drag 'n drop, clicking an item with the middle mouse button in the playlist editor selects that file. If you then move the mouse cursor, the item follows. I.e. it behaves as if the left mouse button is held down, while no mouse button is pressed.
          To end this, I had to press left or right mouse button.

[edit]
          Select a few files (or just one). Then click one the selected files with the middle mouse button. Then try to drag another file. Instead of selecting and dragging that file it will drag and drop the previously selected files.
          If you do not middle-click one of the selected files before dragging, there's no problem.

[edit2]
          With both mouse-buttons selected for drag 'n drop...

Select a file. Then drag 'n drop another file.
          If you drag 'n drop that file by clicking and holding left and then right mouse button, it'll work fine.
          If you drag 'n drop that file by clicking and holding right and then left mouse button, the previously selected file will be dragged instead...
          Well, I'll have to halt this development until I can get myself a three-button mouse...impossible to say from this what is actually going on...

The edit2 I see where it's coming from though...will fix it.

Dynamic Library v2.0

Comment

• Joonas
            Forum King
            • Mar 2004

Okay...here we go again. I found a three-button mouse!

See if it works better now...

[edit]
            Ehum...but have to wait a bit. Lost my login info the site...
            [/edit]

[edit2]
            There! Enjoy.
            [/edit2]

Dynamic Library v2.0

Comment

• Dick65
              • Nov 2004

Very nice now !

Comment

• Joonas
                Forum King
                • Mar 2004

Any complaints to the plugin? I'm not sure it will do much more than it already does in this version...so maybe submit to get a broader user base?

Dynamic Library v2.0

Comment

• AsHopeDies
                  • Aug 2004

No problems here...
                  My vote is for release

Comment

• Dick65
                    • Nov 2004

Yep, ship that baby off !

Comment

• siebe83
                      Forum King
                      • Feb 2004

No problems here

One suggestion: rename the plugin to 'Drag 'n drop from Playlist Editor', since that's what it does?
                      (in prefs > gen purpose)
                      If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.

Comment

• Dick65
                        • Nov 2004

I can't drop to the DL. Am I doing something wrong?

If I have my usb-mp3player as a root in DL it would be very nice to be able to move the files from the playlist editor directly to that drive inside DL.

Comment

• Joonas
                          Forum King
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dick65
                          I can't drop to the DL. Am I doing something wrong?

If I have my usb-mp3player as a root in DL it would be very nice to be able to move the files from the playlist editor directly to that drive inside DL.
                          You can only drop to a playlist in DL for now...though I think what you suggest should be implemented.

Dynamic Library v2.0

Comment

• Dick65
                            • Nov 2004

That'll be great

//edit//
                            On many mp3-players (like mine) the files are sorted in the chronological order in which they are copied to the device. So if it is possible to make it drop the files in the same order they are listed in the playlist editor, that'd be even better.
                            \\edit\\

Comment

• Joonas
                              Forum King
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dick65
                              //edit//
                              On many mp3-players (like mine) the files are sorted in the chronological order in which they are copied to the device. So if it is possible to make it drop the files in the same order they are listed in the playlist editor, that'd be even better.
                              \\edit\\
                              See if version up on site now puts them in the correct order...

Dynamic Library v2.0

Comment

• Dick65
                                • Nov 2004

Perfect! Drops files to WindowsExplorer works just fine in the order of the PlaylistEditor.

As long as d/d to a folder inside DL does not work, drop to an usb device will not work either, obviously.

Comment

Working...
                                X