Old 17th March 2019, 06:25   #1
Anita-Lea

Amount of songs

I would like to start this thread because i can't be bothered trying to find a similar one already in the threads.

I would love to know why winamp only sees a certain amount of songs in my library ?
Why is it limited to how many songs it can have in it's library ?

I have downloaded the 58 version of it and as of yet have not installed it.
Old 17th March 2019, 16:00   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

There is no practical limit to the number of songs that can be listed in the Winamp media library. It depends on the resources provided by your computer. There are several people that have reported having tens of thousands of songs in their libraries.

What version of Winamp are you currently using? Is it able to play the songs you say it doesn't 'see' when you use the "Play > File..." command in the main context menu?

Any song that Winamp is able to play can be added to it's media library, if it is configured correctly to do so.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Old 19th March 2019, 16:05   #3
oldboy

What is "a certain number"? 100, 1000?
I have no trouble seeing +25,000, in about 2000 albums. That's both 5.6 and 5.8 versions.
Is there a chance you have inadvertently clicked on one of the Smartviews in the left-most column under Local Library?
Old 20th March 2019, 05:01   #4
musicf8
Major Dude

1. You selected the wrong folders
  2. You don't have the right plugins/associations for winamp to see them
  3. You didn't let it finish scanning the folders
  4. you selected a filter
  5. you are searching and your files aren't tagged properly
  6. You lack proper computer knowledge to use winamp

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp: (Winamp 5.8) is not an ongoing project get wacup

Winamp v5.6.6.3516 bumping on Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500 (Winamp 5.8 Beta )
Old 21st March 2019, 13:25   #5
oldboy

Let's Play Nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
  1. You lack proper computer knowledge to use winamp
musicf8
Your 1st 5 suggestions are reasonable. Your 6th, however, is insulting, condescending and simply marks you as a basement-dwelling troll.

Some of us have been using Winamp for 20 years, but others may be brand new to it. And, not everyone is a computer geek/nerd/addict. For most it is simply a tool to get things done.

Anita-Lea
Pick Options/Preferences/Media Library/Local Library and make sure all your Music Folders are in the list.
Then do a Rescan, make sure it completes.

Then, go into Media Library Viewer, and click on any category in the left panel other than Audio, then click on Audio again (this Refreshes the View, to make sure you are seeing all that you have last added). Winamp does not automatically Refresh the View, at least for me.

Give us some feedback.
Old 21st March 2019, 15:03   #6
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldboy View Post
Your 6th, however, is insulting, condescending and simply marks you as a basement-dwelling troll.
I like how you insult my remarks and result to name calling, what does that make you then, a internet simpleton that takes the bait of trolls? (see I can do that too! )

Listen, we have a first time poster posting in the wrong subthread with improper grammar and not really explaining in detail what's going on, just "why can't I see all my songs". Hell, they don't even state what version they have but instead says "I have downloaded the 58 version of it and as of yet have not installed it." which doesn't help. A huge chunks of these posts are just bots/spammers, and there are people trying out winamp who think that it will magically work as simple as a phone app.
So condescending and insulting? yeah probably, but it's the internet, so get over it.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Winamp v5.6.6.3516 bumping on Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500 (Winamp 5.8 Beta )
Old 22nd March 2019, 10:46   #7
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

@oldboy, you might not want to hold your breath for feedback because the threadstarter hasn't been back to the forum since the day of the post.

@musicf8 , the IP isn't tracing back to a known botnet but not replying is a sign of a bot.

You get to see only 10 to 20% of all bots and trolls that try to enter the forum, most of them don't make it over the threshold.

and as far as i can see threadstarter didn't post a spamlink and banning someone for improper grammer would ban 80% of all forum users.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 22nd March 2019, 14:25   #8
oldboy

Quote:
I like how you insult my remarks and result to name calling, what does that make you then, a internet simpleton that takes the bait of trolls? (see I can do that too! )
I did not call you a basement-dwelling troll, I stated you marked (yourself) as a basement-dwelling troll.

Perhaps the OP is a bot, but perhaps the OP lacks the technical expertise to know how to formualate the question. If you don't like the way their question is formed - just ignore it!

@NJK - maybe they've been discouraged by the arrogance of others. (Do we know they haven't at least read the responses?)
Old 22nd March 2019, 14:29   #9
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldboy View Post
@NJK - maybe they've been discouraged by the arrogance of others. (Do we know they haven't at least read the responses?)

nope
, just posted this , logged out and hasn't been back
just click the threadstarters name and you'll see this

StatisticsInfractionsContact Info
Total Posts
Total Posts: 1
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Find all posts by Anita-Lea
Find all threads started by Anita-Lea
General Information
Last Activity: 17th March 2019 08:25

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 22nd March 2019, 14:38   #10
musicf8
Major Dude

@NJK Personally I would love to see the number/ratio of users that only join and post once on the same day and never return again, though I don't know if anyone can see that kind of metrics.

As for the grammar thing, yeah I know people can't use proper grammar on the internet (especially me), but I was mostly using grammar in combination with other things as the bots/spammers tend to not be very fluent with the right grammar

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 22nd March 2019, 14:46   #11
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
@NJK Personally I would love to see the number/ratio of users that only join and post once on the same day and never return again, though I don't know if anyone can see that kind of metrics.
I don't know if files are kept of that ratio but the number of bots and spammers that make it to the forum itself has decreased.
We kick them out before they can post. ( that happens backstage) and as i am on sickleave from the job it gives me plenty of time to do so.

not much reported posts lately and you made a few yourself a while back....

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 22nd March 2019, 14:52   #12
musicf8
Major Dude

Sorry to hear that njk, hope you get better

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 23rd March 2019, 13:41   #13
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion