Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 7th May 2012, 16:52   #1
goodguy6

How can I see whether manual playlist advance is turned on without going to Options?

I use the Big Bento skin. When I toggle manual playlist advance with Shift + R, I want to be able to see on the main screen that I've done that. But I can't see any change in the display. So is there a plug-in that would enable me to see that state on a modern skin? Is there another skin that does that? What would be a good Hotkey combination to do that?

I'm asking this because I'm trying to get Winamp to play a few songs in the playlist - then STOP - then play a few more once I press a key. What's the best way to do that?
goodguy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 23:34   #2
wtfwtfwtfwtf

I would like to be able to toggle MPA either with a shortcut or with a button... or at least a menu item... on the modern skin.

I've searched the forum and I see that it is possible to add a toggle button tpo at least some skins, but I have no idea how to do that.

Are there details step by step instructions on how to do this. I'm comfortable mucking around in config type files, but would much prefer to just do it 1-2-3 without having to learn about skins and so on.

Can't believe this isn't part of the basic skin design. It's such a useful feature.

All help on this will be much appreciated.

Thank you!
wtfwtfwtfwtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 06:53   #3
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
This is both possible. Thanks to a suggestion by me () this option is available in the Global Hotkeys Preferences since Version 5.63.

And as long as you have Repeat enabled, you will be able to see the status in Bento's Repeat button: If manual advance is on, there is a little "1" (for "repeat one track", which is the actual effect of that combination) besides the repeat symbol.

Additionally, since Version 5.65, the classic skin also mentions the status for a short time in the Songticker. If Repeat is off, it toggles between "Manual Advance: On" and "Manual Advance: Off" whenever you press your hotkey. If Repeat is on, it toggles between "Repeat: Track" and "Repeat: Playlist". The latter is also the case with the songticker of the Bento skin. However, the first is NOT the case (i.e., there is no display if you toggle Manual Advance via Hotkey when Repeat is off and you are using the Bento skin).

Maybe some detail the developers could fix...

Hope I could help a little bit, although I somewhat feel that this might not be fully what you were looking for...
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 10:45   #4
DrO

when repeat is on and shift+r is used then it'll toggle the button state (though it should also update the info ticker and am not sure why it doesn't).

when repeat is off and shift+r is used then there's nothing being done to indicate that manual advance has been toggled and adding something to the info ticker and possibly changing the state of the stop button would help with that as well (i.e. we drop a '1' in the middle of it or something like that).

but it's a rabbit hole i cannot attempt to go down anytime soon so all i can do is log this for when time hopefully allows at some point.

and key to note, shift+r does work, it's just not being visually indicated as can be seen when opening the preferences -> playlist page (need to select a Winamp window which is not the main Bento frame) and then doing shift+r will show the option on the preference page toggling.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 13:34   #5
kzuse

As I noted, it is indicated in Classic Skin Songticker since 5.65.

(For me, that's perfectly enough, but for wtfwtfwtfwtf it might be an interesting perspective to see it indicated in Bento's Stop button or the like, as you mentioned).
Old 28th August 2013, 18:32   #6
kzuse

Oh, and I have to correct: In Bento skin, the songticker NEVER reacts to the Manual Advance Hotkey. Whether Repeat is on or not.
Old 28th August 2013, 20:10   #7
wtfwtfwtfwtf

Hey thanks for the replies.

I just upgraded for the first time in a couple of years and was sl glad to see that MPA was now key assignable! So yay!

But not being able to see the status in the Modern skin makes it a little less yay than it would otherwise be. It DOES get indicated when repeat is on, but having it tied in with the repeat key is just plain weird. Is there something I'm not getting?

I can see changing to Bent... but it doesn't seem possible to undock the different windows. Is that correct?

Can the color scheme of Bento be changed. I can't locate the Config tray in Bento.
wtfwtfwtfwtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 20:59   #8
kzuse

Quote:
Is there something I'm not getting?
Possibly: The point is that having Repeat on and Manual Playlist Advance on effectively results in a "Repeat One" (Track only) behavior. And this is, in fact, the only way to achieve this behavior in Winamp, so it has been hard-wired to the Repeat buttons some time ago in the Modern and Bento skins, which indicate this state by the little "1" on the button. But also vice-versa, when having Repeat on, switching Manual Playlist Advance on in addition to that (be it via options or via Global Hotkey) triggers that little "1" to be displayed.

That's the connection between these two.

Quote:
I can see changing to Bent... but it doesn't seem possible to undock the different windows. Is that correct?
Yes. That's why it is called a "Single Window" or "Single UI" skin.

Quote:
Can the color scheme of Bento be changed. I can't locate the Config tray in Bento.
Try right-clicking and then "Skin Settings" or Alt+C. Alternatively you can access the color themes directly via Right-Click, Options, Color themes (I think these are the correct English wordings, as I use Winamp in German).

There are also a Pack of additional Color themes (also one by me ) available for download here in the forums at http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=276371

Best regards,
kzuse
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support