Old 11th October 2007, 17:08   #1
dwoeltje

Winamp can't burn CD's for me

I can't get Winamp to burn CD's. Under Burn View, there is no Add button. When I try Drag and Drop, all I get is the "No" symbol (the circle with the diagonal line through it). And when I try doing it from Local Media or Playlist and doing a Send To, the cd writer isn't an option in the Send To list. There is no CD Burner on E: option to select. It's as if Winamp isn't rcognizing my CD burner as a CD burner. Yet Roxio EZ CD Creator and Windows Media Player both recognize it (well, with Roxio I have to use the Roxio "Drag-to-Disc" utility instead of Creator Classic to get it to work. Creator Classic doesn't recognize it, either. But their Drag-toDisc does and WMP does and the Windows Explorer does.

What's the point of buying Winamp Pro if I can't get Winamp to burn CD's?
dwoeltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 17:25   #2
wasteoftime

Re: Winamp can't burn CD's for me

Quote:
Originally posted by dwoeltje
I can't get Winamp to burn CD's. Under Burn View, there is no Add button.
I have seen a number of things which are unfamiliar to me, in your post, so I will summarize what I do, so that I know that I am not misunderstanding you.

On the narrow column at the left, I have, in Winamp5.5 History, CD drive D, and CD burner drive E. Do you mean that you don't have a Drive E, in your program?
If I highlight it, I will get a blank page, but Add is at the bottom. You don't have that?
I have both 5.35 and 5.5 Pro, on my computer, and both work fine. However, I detest some of the glitches in 5.5, which are not present in 5.35
wasteoftime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 18:42   #3
hugo_stulle

I have the same problem like dwoeltje.

My booth Burners are in the left side as "DVD-Rom" and not as Burner. In the Preferences "Rip&Burn" there´s no site for Burning-Preferences, only the Ripping-Options.

I have the Pro-Version. In 5.35 there was no problem.

My burners are: LG GSA-H10N and Plextor PX 712A.

I use Winamp under German installation
hugo_stulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 19:14   #4
wasteoftime

I wish I was more careful, because any incorrect statement wastes time. I will revise what I said. I have a "DVD drive(D), and CD recorder(E). I don't have a DVD burner, and the DVD drive serves as DVD or CD player. I used an incorrect word, CD burner. CD Recorder is the correct word, but E drive is the same.So,I don't know why both are called DVD-Rom, but highlighting the E drive is there anything at the bottom on the right side. I never bothered looking at the Preferences, as I don't see any Rip&Burn in either version.
But recording works fine with 5.5.
wasteoftime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 20:03   #5
dwoeltje

Can't burn

Yes, it shows my D and E drives and recognizes them as being optical media compact disc (CD) drives. But it doesn't recognize the E drive, which is an HP discwriter, as a CD writer. Nor does it recognize that there is a blank CD mounted in the drive. And this is version 5.35.

There is something wrong with the Winamp software in that is not recognizing the drive as a cd writer and that there is a blank CD mounted in the drive.
Old 11th October 2007, 20:06   #6
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Would all please see the sticky FAQ thread for the information that we require to help you:
Information we require
List of plugins

This is the simple version: to rip you need an Audio CD in the drive; and to burn you need a blank writable disc. The Add button will be present if there is no disc or a blank disc.

The Rip & Burn features require that the correct plugins are installed (ml_disc and the sonic dll) and that you have a CD burner for the burning (obviously). A lack of the Rip & Burn section indicates that you are missing ml_disc.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 12:16   #7
dwoeltje

Can't Burn

The ADD button does NOT present on my copy of Winamp. And I know the difference between an Audio CD and a Data CD and a CD-RW and a DVD and a DVD-R and just about any other optical disc format you can name.

I've got a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science and I have 25 years of practical experience in IT. I currently work as an Information Security Engineer for Palm Beach County, Florida. So, don't treat me like some FNG. If you don't have anything informative and helpful to offer, then simply use good manners and don't take part in the thread. It's counter productive.

Donald Woeltje
Information Security Engineer
CISSP, MCSE, MCP, CNE, CCNA, CNX, 3Com 3Wizard, DCVE
Network World Magazine 2001 User Excellence Award Runner-up
http://www.nwfusion.com/best2001/use...serex_liz.html
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Old 12th October 2007, 12:51   #8
hugo_stulle

@J_Darnley

My updates works fine to version 5.35. I know the install/uninstall-Instructions.
But in version 5.5 there´s no recorder.
In my plugins-directory there´s the ml_disc.dll, but there was never a sonic.dll.

I have 2 DVD-recorders, but this can also burn Audio-Cds and so it was upto Winamp-Version 5.35.

Now there´s no way to burn Audio - Cds.
hugo_stulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 22:45   #9
darkglobe

Hello Winamp!

I cannot burn CDs either.

I have attached my plugin list as requested.

I have ml_disc

But i dont have the sonic dll.
Not sure where that sonic dll comes from.

I am using the pro version 5.551.

I used to be able to send files to the burner but that is not showing up anymore.

Thank you for your time and effort!

Geoff
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_plugin_list.txt (8.9 KB, 202 views)
darkglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 23:27   #10
Leanonme

I fixed this problem

Hello,

I was having the same problem with Winamp. I was trying to create music CDs but the program was not recognizing the blank disc. In addition, there was no Add button on the CD screen. I came to this forum to try to find an answer only to find no answer. So I decided maybe the program is glitching and I should download it again to obtain a current version even though I already had the current version. All I know is something was a miss in the version I had so I downloaded and installed it again and now Winamp recognizes the blank CDs again. I forgot to mention I had previously burned CDs in the program and the glitch just happened at random. I hope this helps.

Last edited by Leanonme; 28th August 2013 at 23:28. Reason: Corrected grammar
Leanonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support