Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 3rd September 2013, 17:23   #1
yardmp3

files gone from windows 7 explorer, folder properties indicate count and size.

After installing WINAMP for the first time on Windows 7 Home Premium, and selecting to have WINAMP handle all mp3 files, I selected files to add to the WINAMP media library. Since then, in Windows Explorer folders, I can no longer see any files that I have chosen to add to the library. Other .mp3 files not added to the library are visible, and when I select properties the number of files and total size of folder contents are reported, but the files are not shown. I have already made sure none are hidden and have un-hidden super hidden files. Still I can't see the files. Is this a setting, I have searched net and this forum and have not been able to find an explanation except that it may be a virus, I doubt I would have instantly acquired a virus as soon as installing, more likely I'm not realizing something.

Please advise, thanks in advance.

Yard
yardmp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 21:15   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi yardmp3,

How are you trying to show the files (icons, tiles, etc)?

Maybe you did not install the components needed to support what you're trying to do or didn't setup their options. Use Koopa's Winamp Info Tool v.4.2 beta (link below) to make an extended report of your configuration. Then use the advanced reply editor to attach it to a post. It's a long report, so do not cut & paste it to a post.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=328932

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support