Old 5th September 2013, 01:19   #1
b2389

Memory leak when when starting/ending mp3s with apev2 tags

Spent a few hours until I finally found it's the tag that was causing my memory leak.

Steps to reproduce on my machine: load mp3 with apev2, press & hold 'B' until winamp.exe reaches 200+MB ram usage (shouldn't take more than 4-5 seconds)

//dell inspiron 5520, windows 7x64, clean winamp install
(drivers 1-2 years old mostly dell proprietary.. keeping them, unless dell updates them)

Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do except remove the tags from my mp3's?
b2389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 01:25   #2
DrO

Winamp version...?
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 01:28   #3
b2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
Winamp version...?
5.601 files copied from an old backup
and
latest clean install 5.65
Old 5th September 2013, 01:33   #4
b2389

update
sorry for not checking more before posting...

it's not the tags that cause it, but the encoding. Deleted only the records that contained Hangul/korean while keeping the other apev2 records intact and the problem went away.
Old 5th September 2013, 01:34   #5
DrO

i think an info report is ideally needed (as mentioning 5.65 + "5.601 files copied from an old backup" concerns me that it's not being done against a 5.65 install (which is all we can support) -> see http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins

plus would be ideal to have a small example file which you're able to replicate the issue consistently with (and so hopefully we can as well).

[edit]
your second post wasn't there when i'd started to reply, if it's to do with the encoding, then an example file really is needed.
Old 5th September 2013, 01:52   #6
b2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post

[edit]
your second post wasn't there when i'd started to reply, if it's to do with the encoding, then an example file really is needed.
<removed>

this works

please delete the links after you get the file?
Old 5th September 2013, 11:30   #7
DrO

i've got the file now and am able to replicate some weirdness with the file though what is the cause of it i won't know until i can debug into it further - at least i'm able to see weirdness which is better than what i'd expected i.e. not being able to replicate it.
Old 5th September 2013, 20:08   #8
b2389

Thank you a lot! for the support and the confirmation. At least I know now that there isn't anything serious broken on my machine..
Been using Winamp since I remember myself, even if only for the 'J' and 'Q' functionality and the small CPU footprint, but even for this I couldn't find anything that beats it Keep the good work!

P.S. Could you please post a reply once you get a hang of what was happening? It got me quite curious.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support