Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 6th September 2013, 17:56   #1
ksio.amaral89

How do I prevent keyboard volume buttons from controlling Winamp volume as well?

I have a multimedia USB keyboard plugged into a laptop with the standard "volume up" and "volume down" keys, besides the usual "play", "stop" and "skip to previous/next track".

The issue is: when I press volume down/up keys, not only they increase/decrease the soundcard volume level (Windows main volume level) but winamp volume control as well, and it's really obnoxious, because if I intend to lower or raise the volume in short increments, it results in a much lower/higher audio gain change as winamp volume is being changed too.

My intention is to set Winamp gain control slider all the way to the right (maximum loudness level) and then use the volume control keys to exclusively control the soundcard volume level. How can I accomplish that?

In Global Hotkeys plugins options, both "Enable default multimedia key support" and "Enable" (above a list of actions and corresponding shortcuts) boxes are ticked.

Thanks in advance.
ksio.amaral89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 18:49   #2
DrO

un-check "Enable default multimedia key support" and depending on if you use it or not, ensure there's no volume up / down commands in the list shown.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 19:31   #3
ksio.amaral89

Thanks, it worked like a charm, didn't expect the solution to be that simple
ksio.amaral89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support