Old 11th October 2004, 00:57   #1
LeKiler

Moderator Bilbo Baggins

Yes, moderator bilbo baggins is a complete n00b.

As of 6:45, I have created a thread to giveaway gmail inviations. In minutes, he closed and called it spam. So I asked him why it was considered "spam". FIrst of all, bilbo replied that it gmail giveaway threads are common and that I should use search.

I replied and told him that gmail invites were very uncommon on winamp forums but when I hit send, I was banned so I had to create another account to send my messsage.

Later, Bilbo told me that I do not know how to search. Therefore I replied with a long PM and he banned me still without reason. I wonder where did all the logic in people go? I don't know. People jump to conclusions.

Here's the PM.

Quote:
Originally posted by deeder7001
i'm kind of wanting a G-Mail invite now. not sure what i'd use if for though if i had a gmail account.

crap. stupid db problems.

ok. i have a gmail account now. i got an invite from somebody at the other forum i go to a lot.
The last post of No Gmail giver thread was on 9/11.

This thread is not stickied and would be of violation on many forums as "reviving old, dead threads". Therfore, I take it that winamp forums have the same rules in one way or another.

Quote:
Using the keyword Gmailhttp://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195579&highlight=gm
Omg, your so uber 1337. I never knew that.

Last month? SEPTEMBER? I do not consider anything that is not in the 5 most recent pages of general discussion forum "recent".

Thank you. ENd of convesataion. I am awaiting for an apology.

A screenshot has been taken to perserve original content. The screenshot has been submitted to several servers to prevent the deletion of them.
Old 11th October 2004, 01:01   #2
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

While we are at it, lets post some actual bitching about Bilbo Baggins.

God that fucking moderator. He is such a fucking cunt. I hate his bollocks and want him to die. I hope he is raped and then has chair legs shoved into his orifices by a demented brigade of old tramps in hardcore BDSM leatherwear. I want that piece of shit moderator Bilbo Baggins beaten to death with his own liver and kidneys. DIE Bilbo Baggins.
Old 11th October 2004, 01:03   #3
LeKiler

I did not want you to do any of those things nor wish for any.

I am just saying for you to correct your mistakes and to prevent any furthur mistakes.
Old 11th October 2004, 01:19   #4
mikm
Major Dude

Go away, theKiler/kiler/LeKiler. Nobody cares. Anyways, the fact that you have 500 inivites is somewhat suspicious.

[EDIT]Shouldn't you be banned for two counts of ban evasion?[/EDIT]

Anyways, I find it funny that you are threatening him. Let's say he bans your latest account. What do you do then? Go cry to your mom and get AOL sued?

powered by C₂H₅OH
Old 11th October 2004, 02:11   #5
Namelessv1
Forum King

Re: Moderator Bilbo Baggins

Quote:
Originally posted by LeKiler
Last month? SEPTEMBER? I do not consider anything that is not in the 5 most recent pages of general discussion forum "recent".
Sure, that's what you consider to be "recent" and "not recent." However, you still had the ability to use the search function before making a new thread. The rule about "not reviving" old threads was addressing the problem of people arbitrarily reviving threads that were several months or even years old just to post some irrelevant comment.
Old 11th October 2004, 03:03   #6
sgtfuzzbubble011

Like was said above, reviving an old thread in order to add something meaningful is very much encouraged. We'd much rather see an old thread with new and useful content than a new thread about something that's already been posted. Btw, gmail invitation threads are actually common around here. Like Bilbo said, you just need to search for them.

And you should feel lucky that Bilbo didn't decide to ban you again for repeated ban evasion.
Old 11th October 2004, 03:25   #7
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

I know I would have, if I had his job.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Old 11th October 2004, 03:35   #8
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Hey LeKiller - haven't you figured it out yet:

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT.

I can get a gmail account quicker than I can scratch my own balls for shits sake! Haven;t you figured out that we're not all nOObs like yourself and everyone here already has plenty of them.

Maybe you can give them away here:

http://www.noonegivesashitaboutgmailaccounts.com

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Tune In Now!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
Old 11th October 2004, 04:14   #9
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
I gotta agree with lekiller. Why lock his threads when the numerous other repeated threads are left alone? ryan posted the same subliminal messages link someone else found a while ago and nothing happened. Hell, I just used the search feautre and found out that idiot made a happy birthday white raven thread last year. Let's ban ryan for making not one, but two threads which have been done before. Let's ban that post pumping, not searching bastard! WTF s this? MStar posted the exact same flash site that cabo posted the exact same day!! One of those threads must be locked to ensure the safety and order that is the winamp forums!

It's the same idiocy, hypocrisy, and double standard type shit that happened with rm'

Either way, all he wanted to do was help some people. What's teh big deal if the thread existed or not, esp since it's past page 5? Why the lock? Why the ban? The kid PMed bilbo trying to figure out the mess privatley before making the spectacle public, not like most trolls or spammers. Why is his thread considered spam and the other thread not? Better question: Why did bilbo not just merge them if it's so damn important to him?

Last edited by dlinkwit27; 11th October 2004 at 04:29.
Old 11th October 2004, 04:16   #10
LeKiler

Guess what? Someone just gave a shit.

Served

I guess people like you will never learn. I agree, I just wanted to learn why and it just isn't right. There should be some sort of international forum rules to prevent some screw up like this.

And plus, I'm not suprised I wasn't banned again. I would of attempted to speak with an administrator, here, at winamp forums about Bilbo.
Old 11th October 2004, 04:33   #11
Xeaq

Send a message via AIM to Xeaq
"I would 'of' attempted..."

It is "have". Common misconception.
Old 11th October 2004, 04:56   #12
hawk606
Super Freaky (Alumni)

Send a message via AIM to hawk606 Send a message via Yahoo to hawk606
...and he's lousy in bed!!

this drama probably should have stayed in PM/email form, nobody needs to hear all this

hey
Old 11th October 2004, 05:02   #13
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
and why was my post used as evidence in your case?

There is no sig.
Old 11th October 2004, 05:15   #14
MegaRock
Forum King

No, kiddies like this like to take their disputes to a public forum.

"A screenshot has been taken to perserve original content. The screenshot has been submitted to several servers to prevent the deletion of them." And if you don't apologize to me I'm just gonna throw my binkie at you!

"Either way, all he wanted to do was help some people. What's teh big deal if the thread existed or not, esp since it's past page 5? Why the lock? Why the ban? The kid PMed bilbo trying to figure out the mess privatley before making the spectacle public, not like most trolls or spammers. Why is his thread considered spam and the other thread not? Better question: Why did bilbo not just merge them if it's so damn important to him?"

Those things happen because in alot of cases the mods don't do as much as they should in cases like this. Personally any post which is considered against the rules shouldn't just be locked, they should be deleted and if the person does it again give them one more warning then ban them. The more you let people ignore the rules the more people will ask the question you just did - why? The why is because several other threads were allowed to continue untouched and then eventually someone says "WTF, I saw someone else do it". And personally anyone stupid enough to argue with a mod deserves the ban.

But in the other cases it is simply a case of a mod not merging threads of the same content as should happen, however in this case it is something which is forbidden in the foruns "offering products or services whether free or not". Then on top of that they did it repeatedly after being told not to.

This is simply a crybaby who thinks they don't have to obey the rules and don't have to do what those in charge of the board tell them to.

Go warm some milk and bugger off.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! yeah, but HE did it!

Tune In Now!
Old 11th October 2004, 05:44   #15
J. Burnaway
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to J. Burnaway
Bilbo's a wanker

It's a known fact...you can look it up.

I'm amazed I remembered my password - thanks Bilbo for pointing me to this thread.

Of course, LeKiler or whatever his name is...gmail invites? I've got six - can't give 'em away. I was unaware that anyone cared anymore.
Old 11th October 2004, 06:14   #16
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

JB, I care...

Actually, if you want to really insult Dildo, just call him a Liberal.

Seriously.
Old 11th October 2004, 06:24   #17
J. Burnaway
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to J. Burnaway
See what happened Shy? I waited long enough and my anti-Yankees avatar is back in style.

Bilbo, you pro-Euro al qaida worshipping liberal, you.
Old 11th October 2004, 06:41   #18
Trigear
bear!

Bilbo Baggins is a latent homosexual.

Also he thinks his shit doesn't stink, even though it does, in fact, stink. It smells like poo.

Why wasn't anything done about Bilbo Baggins beforehand? Quite possibly because no one cares.

Old 11th October 2004, 06:44   #19
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Burnaway
See what happened Shy? I waited long enough and my anti-Yankees avatar is back in style.
I noticed

But, did you hear that Mariono Rivera probably won't be able to be the closer for the first two games? Family deaths and stuff. Could really affect one of the game's greatest closer's performance throughout the series with Boston.
Old 11th October 2004, 07:00   #20
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)

I <3 Huckabees. I mean Bilbo!
Old 11th October 2004, 07:05   #21
n_ick2000
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to n_ick2000 Send a message via Yahoo to n_ick2000
me concur

|
Old 11th October 2004, 09:13   #22
rsf
DragonSon²
(Member)

Re: Moderator Bilbo Baggins

Quote:
Originally posted by LeKiler
Yes, moderator bilbo baggins is a complete n00b.....blah blah blah blah....

You try doing their job and see how easy it is.
Old 11th October 2004, 12:41   #23
zootm
Forum King

There was a unified thread for GMail invites. If it had fallen to the bottom you had two options:
  1. Post in it, thus bumping it back up to the top
  2. Realise that everyone in the world has GMail now, and that's why there was still unclaimed invites in the old thread. Hell, I have GMail invites if anyone wants them.

Old 11th October 2004, 15:05   #24
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Quote:
Originally posted by MegaRock
No, kiddies like this like to take their disputes to a public forum.

"A screenshot has been taken to perserve original content. The screenshot has been submitted to several servers to prevent the deletion of them." And if you don't apologize to me I'm just gonna throw my binkie at you!
[Image]

"Either way, all he wanted to do was help some people. What's teh big deal if the thread existed or not, esp since it's past page 5? Why the lock? Why the ban? The kid PMed bilbo trying to figure out the mess privatley before making the spectacle public, not like most trolls or spammers. Why is his thread considered spam and the other thread not? Better question: Why did bilbo not just merge them if it's so damn important to him?"

Those things happen because in alot of cases the mods don't do as much as they should in cases like this. Personally any post which is considered against the rules shouldn't just be locked, they should be deleted and if the person does it again give them one more warning then ban them. The more you let people ignore the rules the more people will ask the question you just did - why? The why is because several other threads were allowed to continue untouched and then eventually someone says "WTF, I saw someone else do it". And personally anyone stupid enough to argue with a mod deserves the ban.

But in the other cases it is simply a case of a mod not merging threads of the same content as should happen, however in this case it is something which is forbidden in the foruns "offering products or services whether free or not". Then on top of that they did it repeatedly after being told not to.

This is simply a crybaby who thinks they don't have to obey the rules and don't have to do what those in charge of the board tell them to.

Go warm some milk and bugger off.

[Image]

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! yeah, but HE did it!
[Image]
What rules did he brake? We already said there is another thread with pages of gmail invites. Are all those people to be banned too for breaking the rules?

There is a reason bilbo was removed as mod in the first place, and I for one am still supprised they brought him back.
Old 11th October 2004, 15:24   #25
NJK
The Frisian

just merging that thread with the other Gmail thread would have solved the problem easier.
and indeed nobody gives a damn anymore about gmail invites.

on the otherhand giving away 6 or 12 invites is not un-common but having 500 to give away??? that is indeed spamming. ( the weblink will most likely lead to a unofficial website with un-official invites)

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 11th October 2004, 15:49   #26
Raz
Forum King

Wow, it's like the forum equivalent of that scene in quadrophenia where they let loose on the first rocker they see.

Old 11th October 2004, 15:53   #27
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Someone sicked the dogs on ya' kid! Better run!

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
Old 11th October 2004, 17:40   #28
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

I too fucking hate Bilbo "Arsewipe" Baggins.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 11th October 2004, 18:21   #29
MegaRock
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by dlinkwit27
What rules did he brake?
First this one:

"Advertising
- Advertising or soliciting other members to buy, sell or peruse any products or services through this discussion forum is not permitted. Chain letters and junk mail are also strictly prohibited... Topics/posts that contain this will be deleted, or have the entire thread locked, at the moderators discretion. If you violate this rule, your account may be automatically banned without prior warning.

"At best your post will be edited by one of the moderators and you will be issued a warning. If the offence is more serious your post will be deleted. Posting "why was my post edited/deleted?" etc. will only make matters worse so please don't.

So the warning was issued and the thread locked. Posted another one immediately and got the next step in the process:

Should you have already been issued warnings and continue to break the rules, you will be issued a temporary ban - your posting privileges will be disabled for seven days, but you will still be able to view the forums as a guest."

Then upon ignoring the rules and attempting to circumvent the ban by creating new acconts to continue the fiasco:

"For persistent and or deliberate rule-breakers your account will be "Nuked". That means you are no longer welcome on these forums and your account will no longer function. If you re-register, your new account will be nuked immediately and any new threads/posts will automatically be removed, regardless of their nature".

It's not our board, it's theirs. They run the systems, assign the mods and set the rules of use and irregardless of what we may think is right or wrong and they have the sole right to impose rules whenever and to whomever they damn well please for any reason but those rules seem pretty clear to me.

As far as if others who did it should have the same rules applied I would say yes, but again - I don't make the rules here and also up to them to whom those rules apply to.

Tune In Now!
Old 11th October 2004, 20:15   #30
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Mia's evil ugly step-sister loves Bilbo.

...and whatever the Buttertroll of Despair loves, I love too.
Old 11th October 2004, 20:27   #31
sammythemc

Send a message via AIM to sammythemc
Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
There was a unified thread for GMail invites. If it had fallen to the bottom you had two options:
  1. Post in it, thus bumping it back up to the top
  2. Realise that everyone in the world has GMail now, and that's why there was still unclaimed invites in the old thread. Hell, I have GMail invites if anyone wants them.
Great point. Why would you offer one if there were unclaimed ones in the thread anyway?

Bilbo licks terrorist sphincter either way.
Old 11th October 2004, 21:15   #32
MegaRock
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by 8008135
Mia's evil ugly step-sister loves Bilbo.

[Image]

...and whatever the Buttertroll of Despair loves, I love too.
Looks like she's summoning the evil spirits.

Tune In Now!
Old 11th October 2004, 23:16   #33
LeKiler

Look everybody may have gmail but people would like multiple accounts and to fill up the remaining "leet" gmail account names.
Old 11th October 2004, 23:29   #34
Raz
Forum King

The perfect couple.

Old 11th October 2004, 23:32   #35
mikm
Major Dude

That's hilarious.