Old 15th June 2011, 14:00   #1
Cryoman196

Winamp Remote App for Samsung Smart TV?

The 2011 range of Smart (Internet enabled) TV's have a problem with DLNA sharing of files.
They advertise an app called "Allshare" which is supposed to enable sharing between the tv and cameras, phones etc.
This may (or may not) work.
However, to share files residing on your computer you have to use Samsung's PCShare Manager, which looks to do the job, but doesn't.
The reason? It will not work over a wireless network! (Yeah, I couldn't believe it either...)

So, my request is that somebody on the Winamp developers gets in touch with Samsung and offers Winamp Remote as an application in the Samsung Apps store.

Whilst they make beautiful TVs, obviously they have very little expertise in this kind of stuff and need help, badly.

Come on guys - help us out so we can use the TV's web capeabilities to the full and play Winamp stuff through Home Theatre systems
Cryoman196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 10:36   #2
ScubaGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoman196 View Post
The 2011 range of Smart (Internet enabled) TV's have a problem with DLNA sharing of files.
There are limitations with the 2010 range as well. The TV and Home Theatre Systems do not have a large amount of available memory to work well with large DLNA libraries.

In fairness though it may be wise to take up these issues with Samsung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoman196 View Post
So, my request is that somebody on the Winamp developers gets in touch with Samsung and offers Winamp Remote as an application in the Samsung Apps store.
Nice idea. There are other TVs and Home Theatre Systems that might also benefit from such an application.
ScubaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 22:26   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
"winamp remote" is long since dead, assuming you mean the orb app. the WR forum too has been removed.

personally, i think winamp should build standard DLNA CP / Server abilities into the app, and then leave it to manufacturers to build decent DLNA media renderers, altho they should also partner with someone to make "winamp compliant" media adapters.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 23:02   #4
ScubaGirl

Re: Winamp Remote App for Samsung Smart TV?

Quote:
personally, i think winamp should build standard DLNA CP / Server abilities into the app, and then leave it to manufacturers to build decent DLNA media renderers, altho they should also partner with someone to make "winamp compliant" media adapters.
This would be far better. The Samsung PC Share Manager isn't particularly useful.

It's crashed out on my Win XP Desktop and I stopped trying to install it on my Win 7 Laptop as it clashes with Win 7 and the DLNA apps that come with it.
Old 26th July 2011, 04:00   #5
Jane0018

tks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaGirl View Post
This would be far better. The Samsung PC Share Manager isn't particularly useful.

It's crashed out on my Win XP Desktop and I stopped trying to install it on my Win 7 Laptop as it clashes with Win 7 and the DLNA apps that come with it.
tks for your share..
Jane0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 21:35   #6
blubber01

Current PC Share Manager (4.22) works fine for me on Windows 7! I got problems with older versions.

What I really need is the WinAmp MP3 player with visualization! The Samsung MP3-Player is really ugly! Can you offer it via Samsung App Center? I would pay for it!!!
blubber01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 19:50   #7
ScubaGirl

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, I was unable to retest things sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubber01 View Post
Current PC Share Manager (4.22) works fine for me on Windows 7! I got problems with older versions.

What I really need is the WinAmp MP3 player with visualisation! The Samsung MP3-Player is really ugly! Can you offer it via Samsung App Centre? I would pay for it!!!
I had 4.22 installed on my XP based desktop. Today I've downloaded Samsung's PC AllShare software & re-downloaded their PC ShareManager software.

Unfortunately both failed to work with my TV.

The PCSM was version 4.2 (that is what is available on the UK part of Samsung's site). The AllShare software wasn't even seen by the TV.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
apps, samsung, smart